Important information for all NC - especially HA

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turiel =RL=, Dec 13, 2014.

1. Paragon Exile

[IMG]
    • Up x 5
  2. Turiel =RL=

The Cyclone isn't worthless, it's actually pretty decent. You simply have superior options, that's all!
  3. Turiel =RL=

To make this clear, there is an absolutely superior option to all of these guns and that is the AF-41 Hacksaw. It is quite amazing that we don't have more MAX units on the battlefield since those are the one and only strength of the NC. So in case you ever wondered what to do, just pull a MAX and you certainly didn't make a mistake!
  4. cykael

"I was only pretending to be ********!"
  5. TriumphantJelly

Reading the OP, the Anchor is insanely good: I've used it. Smashes the Ursa (possibly my favourite LMG now on VS) into the dust.
  6. Turiel =RL=

Ranking weapons is quite simple, all you need to do is to ask the following question: If two guys of the exact same skill-level shoot at each other, who is going to win? The answer is simple: It's the guy with the weapon that kills faster. That's why I am ranking weapons according to TTK.

Now where does the disagreement come from? Well, it comes from experience of fighting against people who are using suboptimal weapons as well. Even a high-TTK weapon can win if the opponent is using a weapon with an even higher TTK. The Anchor certainly feels totally OP if your opponent is using the NS-15M, but not if he is using a T9-Carv.

So basically with lots of choice there comes the opportunity to make mistakes. In many cases mistakes do not get punished, because the other guy made a mistake as well.

Still, if we want to try for the best possible performance, we do need the best possible equipment!
  7. Hatesphere

/face palm. ah spread sheets. you do realize entering your accuracy from the stats page into this is almost useless? it really does not accurately reflect how you will preform with a specific weapon, many peoples burst accuracy when in a straight up fight is usually much higher then the listed number (how else would you be able to kill anyone with say 20% accuracy and still have more then half a mag left?) since it averages out everything you do including cover fire and wild shots at targets out of your weapons kill/range band.

also if all you are doing in a fight is standing in front of each other exchanging fire, then sure, go with TTK as the only stat that matters, I will mop the floor with you using the weapons you think are bad.
    • Up x 1
  8. Cinnamon

The accuracy calculation that this spreadsheet uses is very suspect. Just for an example the accuracy you can get while using the reaper dmr is several percentage points higher than the Bandit. Bandit is not just simply the best carbine to use all the time because to get good accuracy with it takes a fair amount of practice and patience. But when you talk about accuracy you have to take headshots into consideration and not all guns are the same when it comes to them.
    • Up x 5
  9. Angry Scientist

I've come to the conclusion that this is a troll thread.
    • Up x 4
  10. task_master

If it's not, I'm really interested in what else he thinks is UP.
    • Up x 1
  11. Gammit

Can anybody actually look at the page and argue with what the page does?

OP, I like the inclusion of the accuracy slider, which is helpful.

So far, all I hear is LOLOPSAIDXWHICHCAN'TBERIGHTBECAUSEIHAVENODATAHURRRRR.
  12. Iridar51

Last time I checked this "ultimate tool" was outdated as hell. I'm not sure what it's status now, and frankly I don't care, I have my own tool which I know for sure isn't outdated.

EDIT: "Nanoweave armor increases the wearer's health by 10/12.5/15/20/25%." doesn't inspire my confidence.
    • Up x 4
  13. cykael

The site describes simple TTK as fastest so one would assume it's headshots but common sense says it's chest shots. You basically set accuracy which is explained as "player skill" slider and see how the TTK differs between weapons but the site obviously doesn't factor weapon stats like accuracy or CoF at all, just the damage.
  14. Gammit

I read the player skill slider as a setting that doesn't need accuracy or CoF. If my accuracy is 12%, then the data extrapolates that 12% of my shots will land on the enemy.

There are also other graph settings than TTK.
  15. Isokon

The implication is that your accuracy is equal at all ranges, which is rather unrealistic. Recoil and CoF affect your accuracy at range and the site does not take this into account.
    • Up x 2
  16. KnightCole

NC HA Dominated by T9 and Orion? Sure, let SoE use that to buff the NC HA weapons.

Ive always wanted my EM6 to get 600ms, and maybe a touch better RoF with a little bit of improvement to it's CoF, bloom and recoil and handling. Return it to about where it was when they nerfed it before.
  17. NCstandsforNukaCola

I don't think NC HA is UP but it surely feels harder than when I play VS or TR HA
    • Up x 1
  18. Gammit

I think that's unreasonable to expect in a website/tool like this.
  19. NoctD

And people say the NC have the worse players - this topic is proof positive of how clueless the average NC player is.

The Gauss SAW is the ULTIMATE in infantry weaponry in PS2. But I guess the average NC hasn't a clue how to play the game really - leading to a state of totally OP NC today, and yet they still think they have it bad? Oh my. Bads will be bad... really bad.
    • Up x 1
  20. AlterEgo

[IMG]
    This guy would like to say otherwise.
    • Up x 1