Accuracy down considerably?!?!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Turiel =RL=, Dec 12, 2014.

1. Turiel =RL=

I don't know what it is, maybe I am getting old or worse or everyone else just got better. In any case, my accuracy on all of my infantry guns dropped like 2%. That is the Bandit and the Carnage for the most part.

Did anyone else experience something similar as of late?
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

Does that include guns that you haven't used in a while?
  3. Stromberg

4. Ikarius77

Latency and hit registration issues, that's your answer.

I'm playing since one year ago, and all this issues has not stopped from growing.
    • Up x 2
  5. nehylen

If he's lost 2 points (and not 2%) out of an original 20% accuracy that's -10% dps, not so far from the difference between 750 and 652rpm (virtually 675rpm): the kind of difference that means you die a lot less.
    • Up x 1
  6. FieldMarshall

Mine has gone up considerably the past few weeks.
    Though i used to have 40fps, now its at 60, so that may have something to do with it.

Anyway. Could it be FPS or lag related? (my connection gets more unstable during the colder months of the year)
    If your connection is a little slower than usual or your fps lower/higher than usual, it may be that you are just not used to compensating for it (yet) when aiming.
    Also, have something changed irl how you play? (have you started playing while tired, hungry etc.)
  7. Tommyp2006

Did you change mouse sensitivity recently?
  8. uhlan

I play at all hours since I work from home.

I've noticed in the early morning (after 1am eastern) on Emerald I get a consistent poor or bad connection warning.

During "normal" hours, say 12pm eastern to 11pm eastern, I rarely have this issue.

Nor do I have issues like this in any other game I play during those "off" hours.

I wonder if the bandwidth is limited in some fashion at certain times.
  9. Typhoeus

Did you start shooting at esf, valkyries, flashes, harassers, av mines off in the distance? Or just generally engage infantry from further away? I do all of those things to the detriment of my accuracy stats, but to the benefit of my kph/spm :D
  10. Hatesphere

i ave been playing since beta, trust me, hit reg issues are not growing, they are getting better for the most part. as for 2%, stop drinking so much caffeine.
  11. z1967

Have you tried turning it off and then back on again?
    • Up x 1
  12. Hatesphere

• Up x 1
  13. Archlyte

Game runs like crap nowadays so that may be why.
  14. I play by many names

I am just going to leave these here....

15. Littleman

Conversely, I've scored nothing but head shots while firing across 150m with a 1x reflex, and I sure as hell wasn't compensating for drop.

Hit registration and hit boxes are BS in Planetside 2. I swear right now a lot of it has to do with weapon zoom, especially considering it's mostly client side with enough server side to **** people over. My theory is that bullets don't accurately shrink as hard as they should from the client's view so they can easily see the tracer at any distance. Unfortunately, since this means bigger bullets through a 1x, which means as long as the bullet hit box touches the dude's head hit-box, it counts as a head shot. But again, that's my theory...

In short, I have better luck scoring head shots with my TSAR than I do with the RAM .50.
  16. Turiel =RL=

I thought about this for a while. Maybe my playstyle has a changed slightly and I am trying to hit targets that are too far away and certainly outside of my effective range. On the other hand, I can't explain such a drastic loss in accuracy - yes 2% overall is like 8-10% effective less DPS if you are hitting in the 20-25% range. I don't think I became that much worse in such a short amount of time. So maybe hit detection on Miller Server is indeed the main reason for it.
  17. Ikarius77

I'll be right... perhaps hit registration issues haven't got grown the last year...

but latency issues ... My char in Cobalt, EU server (i'm European), has a medium of 2-7% better accuracy than my character in Connery, in all weapons except BASR's; take in mind, that, when im started my player in connery (to play with some american friends) i was an experienced player... not the newbie who starts to play in Cobalt a year ago.

The answer it's very clear... Cobalt gives me a stable 50 ms ping, Connery 180, and also 220-230 in huge battles.