[Video] Hitreg

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Matti, Dec 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LT_Latency

Most your posts included "Mati is god, your bad therefore your wrong"

There is more below then what you quoted I will post it again

If he can score hits that far to the right of the graphic model. Then he is going to miss the hitbox when he is just hanging on to the left edge of the graphic model when it's moving away from his crosshairs
    • Up x 1
  2. Cz4rMike

And again, you're the same ignorant as Mattiace. You want bullet calc? Well then you should go back to my comment.

The only desynch I know happens in twitch shots. Until now if my tracers did fly thru the enemy in non twitch shot, they DID hit. Look, I don't know about other stuff how server works, but in the video Mattiace aims really badly to the left side of his enemy :D while enemy is moving right... Have you even watched the bloody video? Seems doubtful. What you do is an action of baseless admiring of someone, there goes a vulgar saying for this, but I don't wanna get my comment erased. But you get the point do you? :D

Before.

So you're saying Matti actaully MEANT to aim behind his enemy. However suddenly when he aims IN FRONT of the enemy, he gets hits. HMMM, you're so smart I can't really get you...

PS Funny I never got hits that way, I always have to aim IN FRONT of my oponents and the closer they are, the LESS I need to aim in front of them. Always have been that way with me in Planetside 2 (with non twitch shots). But I'm just some noob right... So you know, I play one shot headshot people often in close range with BASR 1x.

BTW I wonder, maybe you are indeed Mattiace, just with other profile :D? Would make sense to defend like that...
    • Up x 1
  3. Typhoeus

Not the best example of hit register issues. There's a good chance you legitimately missed about five shots when you were aiming at the guys shoulder while he was moving right. The distance between you two is so small that velocity shouldn't even be an issue. So it seems to me CoF screwed you half way. You have control over vertical recoil so you should've aimed lower. However you rolled the dice, not only by aiming high for some headshots, but by aiming to the left while he was moving right. Sadly, horizontal recoil did not go in your favor. If it had, you might've gotten the kill. And that is why horizontal recoil sucks. Got to pray for the rng gods favor!

Hit reg issues is when you're shooting dead on at a stationary target and nothing happens. Or when you are shooting through a target that's on the move but nothing happens. Like you see the rounds go through the body or vehicle. Pretty common when using a tank to shoot at flyers. What's funny in those cases is when you see that you've missed (overshot), but still end up getting a kill:confused: Client side is weird sometimes, just leave it at that and try not to be too bothered by it.
    • Up x 1
  4. Matti

Yeah, that explains you ignorance quite a lot and in many different ways.
    You have basically no experience with this weapon type or situation
    and you have been sitting in a Galaxy for most of your playtime.

The fact is that to have any clue about how this works you actually have
    to play the game and get some experience, you might learn a few things
    if you did that.
  5. Cz4rMike

I did calculate the little amount of lead you need at the distance. You can find it on page 3 in my big post. It's 7.5 cm. With added CoF while strafing there is nothing surprising why he missed

Hey, Iller, wanted to add to my post.
    I don't wanna argue with you about game mechanics, I don't know enough, although it's quite interesting to hear how it works.

Let's be reasonable.

1) The video of Matti had to be an example of bad hit detection.

2) In that case the problem would be No hitregs with Perfect aim (at that distance right to the center of the body or a bit to the right of the center of the head).

3) But his aim was off.

4) So you said he HAD to aim behind the opponent because of how game works [server / client].

5) However he a second later aims IN FRONT of his enemy and gets hits. This negates 4)

6) If 4) was still true that would mean that by Matti's video we can't really prove anything cause noone really understands what happens now, why there is a negative lead etc. Meaning Mattiace's video is a really bad example.

I don't know why you defend someone who has no manners and tried insulting people in this thread from the very beginning. The ones who stated simply that he didn't lead enough were said to have "dirty monitors" or "bad eyesight". He's rude and over his head.

PS I'd gladly read about server/client mechanics if you provide me with some nice link.
    • Up x 3
  6. Cz4rMike

What explains my ignorance? Matti what happens to you? You don't make any sense really...

What Galaxy? I flied Galaxy once in VR... BTW maybe you don't know what BASR means, but I don't see how it led to me sitting in a gal. I have enough experience with LMGs. I have a lot experience with 1x sniper rifle shooting and 8x shooting. As a successful aggressive sniper I understand leading better than someone who doesn't play BASRs. Because if I don't lead perfect, I miss. Leading with automatic guns is much easier since you have almost immediate feedback seeing your bullets.

In case I had little experience, like you say, I still have great eyesight and you didn't aim to the center of the body :D.

What fact? Making things up, Matti? Heh...

PS I have only 30 minutes in Gal :D. Total time played 12d 17 h
    You sure your eyesight is ok? Well your math as sure isn't :)
    • Up x 5
  7. The Funk

This doesn't look like a hit reg issue at all to me. Op's aim was on the very left edge of a right moving target. Misses were caused by combination of cof and movement. Tracers can clearly be seen missing to the left.

Honestly this reminds me of a lot of other "hit reg" videos I see on these boards where people mistake cof and/or recoil induced misses for hit reg errors. Hit reg issues do happen in this game but I don't think nearly as much as people make them out to be.
    • Up x 3
  8. Hatesphere

weapons not being hit scan tends to make things even more obscure, this leads to many non hit reg related issues being flagged as hit reg issues by all groups of players, skilled or not.
  9. Alarox

Can he really not see how childish this is? Literally:

"You disagree with me, therefore you must be bad, therefore you must be wrong."

Maybe this is a hardcore attempt at damage control.
    • Up x 8
  10. I play by many names

I am just going to leave these here....

Yeah the game has a lot of issues. Even not counting hit detection issues there are a ton problems with the net code and movement.
    • Up x 1
  11. Hatesphere

please, at least try to explain instead of sitting in your ivory tower. simply continuing to parrot your experience is useless and proves nothing, but that you have no patients and deserve just as much respect as you are giving... which is non.

no one in their right mind is saying the game does not have hit reg issues, we are saying that this video is not a good example of hit reg issues and is more a wank fest then anything else.
    • Up x 4
  12. BobSanders123

So does this mean If I start a new character and get 7xp from repairing a turret that I will automatically learn things?
    • Up x 6
  13. TheBurningLegion

rofl
  14. Maljas23

Now... that there... is hitreg, Matti.
    • Up x 2
  15. steverogers

If i were him i'd just stop replying hoping that people forget about this thread. This is getting really embarrassing.
    • Up x 2
  16. MrJengles

Sometimes it's best just not to post, whether trolling or not, if nothing constructive will come of it just don't give them the attention.
  17. DG-MOD-04

Going to go ahead and close this one down to prevent further digression and because it seems to have run its course, guys.
    Please keep the Forum Guidelines in mind when posting elsewhere.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.