Best way for ESF to counter Burster Max?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Erilis, Dec 5, 2014.

1. Goretzu

[quote="Erilis, post: 3039112, member: 161454"
    (TL;DR) What's the best way for an ESF to counter an AntiAir burster max? Is there a good counter or is it best to avoid?
    [/quote]

There isn't really supposed to be a counter for the thing that is supposed to be area denial.

That isn't actually the reality a lot of the time currently, of course.
  2. YoungPedro

I'm not a pilot but considering that maxes cant aim straight up you could probably come in at an very steep angle, considering that flak isn't all that dangerous at 1000m I doubt that it's going to be a problem to get above them.
  3. barunedpat

Actually the rocketpods can also oneclip maxes, it only requires aiming, knowledge of how the weapon works etc (things one would consider naming skills).
  4. Riku

1) Equip Banshee
    2) ???
    3) Profit
  5. Erilis

lol, good posts. Yeah, I guess Burster Max is meant to be one of the major air deterrants. Since I don't have a Mossie, I think I'll do my best to avoid them more often than not.

I actually did kamakazi a max recently but totally by accident. He must have been flummoxed by what must have seemed like a pretty desperate means of killing him. Truth is I just lost control of my vehicle in a panic.
  6. Soporific

I play a Burster MAX quite a bit since I seem to last a while doing it, but as other posters have said it's a losing battle for the ESF for the most part. If you have surprise and good aim, you can definitely get me to run but most of the time I look forward to it. I have Flak 5 and extended mags and reload constantly.

The usual way I get killed is by not keeping my head on a swivel, multiple coordinated air, or getting run over when out in the open.
  7. nightbird

I forgot to mention, if the MAX is on a flat surface and you're using stealth and manage to sneak up, you can always go in slow and squash him. Works well against multiple burster MAXs too since you don't bother shooting and revealing yourself on minimap.