[Suggestion] No point spending certs anymore.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Zuka1475, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Zuka1475

As of know I have approximately 2500 certs. And frankly I don't even know what to unlock.
    Why bother? Sooner or later you find weps that suit your playstyle and there is not much reason to unlock much else.
    I stopped unlocking vehicle stuff because EVERYTHING I unlocked was nerfed.(I play VANU) Saron,PPA, lolpods, tank cannons,
    dalton. I am not saying you should not balance things, it's just said that it seems everything was wrong in the begining. It feels underwhelming when again and again your stuff looses functionality.

All empire specific guns look the same. It doesn't even look like a new toy. It's does not feel like a quality purchase.
    Sniper rifles are all the same. NS weapons are illustrating one same concept. If you used NC15M, you know how NC11 gonna be like.
    Problem is most of these unlocks are incredibly dull. They dont offer much in new game play experience.You usually change your effective distance. Is it fun?
    Why would I max out new suit slot if I hardly notice how the old one works. Can you really notice the difference? I cant.

I suggest one thing. PLEASE. please make new content. Not gold and black variants. Not paintjobs. Not holiday re-skins.
    NEW stuff. I don't remember when I genuinely felt novelty in this game for the last time.
    • Up x 2
  2. Obstruction

Dalton was buffed, unless you mean ammo. it could use 10 more rounds and a .5-1m radius splash for around 200-350 damage (AP.)

otherwise i think it's in a good place. it still drives Heavy Assaults into the ground like hammering a nail into a 2x4.
    • Up x 1
  3. AlterEgo

Would that not be awesome? I don't care what they release; as long as it's empire specific, it could cost a 1,000 certs, and I'd still buy it without regret. F2Players should feel important in this game!
  4. Sebastien

You should stop spending Certs on stuff that is blatantly OP.
    • Up x 1
  5. Bixli

..i don't know , there's always something to cert up & there's always a gain of cert's..why stockpile them ? - sure , s*hit happens , if the whiner front nerf something to the ground & in foresight ..there would be something new shining soon to invest/cert at it with a tendency to be nerfed to the ground again , sooner or later. but hey .. cert it & have fun. you can cert on & on.

..that's a real certing poem.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bhudda V1

7. GoyoElGringo

So if you're bored an asking for new content, does that mean that you've already fully experience everything unique in PS2? I suspect when you say "new content", you actually mean new content that you would enjoy. The game already has a ton of content with a ton of diversity. Saying you don't want to unlock stuff because you are afraid they are going to nerf it, and then complaining about a lack of content is pretty ridiculous. Sounds like you haven't really thought this through.
  8. Nick Riviera

F2Players should feel important? lololol go back to the soup kitchen where you belong. Or spend $10 (at leeeast) on this delightfully superb game I enjoy.
  9. Zuka1475

I am not afraid it will get nerfed. It just gets underwhelming that I unlock something and then it essentialy changes functionality.
    By the new content I mean ANYTHING NEW. I am saying that it would be nice if something catches my interest. Like the lasher. it's not very effective but it is something completely different.

Again, I wasnt aiming for that. I just unlock stuff, should I research if it's OP by any chance, beforehand? The whole point is that half vehicle weapons were implemented incorrectly to begin with.
    Also, OP or not I used to look on what I was getting killed with and presuming it's a good weapon bought the analogs. Everyone using what is effective.

It is true that different situations demand different weapons. But it mostly comes down to range. My point it is not enough difference to make it fun. I want more like heavy assault specific weapons. Very unique. Why doesn't every class has something like that.

At this point anything new will do. I WANT TO BE AMAZED =)
  10. Gicod

I don't know any of your particulars but have you tried spending them on something new or different from your typical playstyle? I have a very narrow range. I don't fly at all, only vehicle I routinely use is Lightning, and have been an engineer primary since the beginning. Sure I dumped certs here and there into playing other classes and other vehicles but never enough to truly flesh them out.

I started finding that the certs would pile up, 2-4k here n there so I started dumping them into equipment and roles I'd neglected to give much time (if any) to. Through doing this I discovered a lot of stuff that turned out to be really fun (infiltrator, flash) or really effective (C75 Viper) when certed up nicely. Mostly stuff I'd all but ignored previously when all my certs were earmarked for the narrow range I had restricted myself to.
  11. SerasVic

Yes you are right, no reasons to play anything else than Orion
  12. Degenatron

Start an Alt Character on a different empire. Creating a new character gives you that "building and growing" feeling again. It also gives you the ability to switch back and forth between characters; when you get bored with playing on one alt, you can switch to the other.
  13. Leftconsin

I hope they don't nerf the fury flash. I just bought it with SC and I'm having a blast with it. The past month and a half I've been focusing on improving my infantry game and forgot how fun vehicles are.
  14. FieldMarshall

If you havent maxed out your suit slots, you are missing out.
    Remember that time you almost killed that guy who had 2% health left?... Yeah.
    Remember that time you got OHKd by C4? If you maxed flak, you probably dont remember it.
    • Up x 1
  15. Konstantinn

There's a lot of things to spend certs on still. Upgrading turrets on vehicles is a big drain most don't seem to pay attention to. It's not about picking the OP tools that are exclusive to your empire.

There are tons of things available to all empires that are much better upgraded than not. In many cases you are buying variety with certs rather than effectiveness. Sidegrades basically. Knowing and using the right sidegrade in right situation is what makes you a good player and keeps the gap between new and old players from turning into the Grand Canyon.
    • Up x 1
  16. GoyoElGringo

But wouldn't your issue be with nerfs, and not a lack of content? If they add something new, won't they just nerf that as well? I'm not really seeing why a lack of new content is the issue here.
  17. Dualice

The last few batches of weapons I think have largely been a step in the right direction. Their physical models as well as the way the weapons work have been, in most cases, something new.

Only thing I can think of that they've been really half-arsed with is the MKV Suppressed.
  18. LibertyRevolution

It has already been nerfed, you are safe. ;)

I seem to always be sitting on like 5000+ certs..
    Basically everything I have bought or certed has been nerfed, it makes me not want to invest in anything..

I have my nanoweave, flak, and ASC, and grenade bandoleer on all my classes.
    All of my classes have their all of their abilities certed..

Everything I have bought or certed on a vehicle has been nerfed, so I am done putting certs into them...
    I have a maxed blockade armor sunderer, dual fury, kobats, walker, bulldogs, even thermal basilisk with mag upgrades..
    I have a thermal bulldog gal, maxed fire suppression and nanite auto repair or comp armor.
    Those are the only 2 vehicles in the game that I need.
  19. AlterEgo

By playing the game, YOU ALREADY are supporting it by providing community to the people who do play. I play this game because I enjoy it, not because I want to be better than everyone else. I mean, they could release EVERYTHING for 1,000 certs (I hope they don't), and as long as they make cert gain just SLIGHTLY easier, I would never complain again. :D

P.S. What you said about the soup kitchens was a joke, I realize, but just try to be a bit less jerky, man. It made me sad:(
  20. FrozenCustard

You could try out another faction perhaps