Killing infiltrators...

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by m44v, May 6, 2013.

1. Eaderout

like a boss you smoked him with a grenade!
  2. LordDethir

Another thing, now they made cloaking the same across all settings, so it is much easier to see infils now.
  3. DrBash00

Hmmm, maby infiltrator could need a little bit love....
    But i think they need more gadgets to be usefull for the team, or do crazy things. (teleporter drops, they act like C4 but when you press the button you get portet to the position where you dropped the brick.... etc...)

Adding firepower would not be good but simply giving them more gadges would be so SO nice.
    • Up x 1
  4. LordDethir

Before giving infils more toys we should probably fix the cloak, as it is far to easy to see ATM and to hear.

(Can be seen up to 85 meters, and heard to 270 meters.)
  5. LT_Latency

Cloak is fine. The enemy SHOULD know you are around because you have tracer darts all over the place. Then you use the information your tracers dart give and stealth to attack from a direction that will let you land shots first

If you think you going to walk right to a heavy and stab him in the face you are never going to be happy.

Also that necro
  6. m44v

If the opponent knows where you are then you aren't making any use of stealth.

You're missing the point, this is about the cloak being useless for stealth, since anything you do alerts everyone of your presence and the cloak is defeated by just looking at your direction.

Still relevant today however.
    • Up x 2
  7. DrBash00

Well this is a general question, should a cloak be visible?

If yes, this rewards player that have a good awareness.
    If not, it leaves players without a chance when the infiltrator know what he is doing. (U can not light everywhere with your flashlight)

The cloaking sound.... i also think it should be hardly reduced, because why you should get punished for uncloaking?
  8. LordDethir

I think it should be visible, but not to the degree it is now. And The cloak sound should be reduced to 50-25 meters, Instead of the 270-300 meter mark it is now.
    • Up x 1
  9. m44v

if is visible it shouldn't have a sound clue that tells everybody where to look at, if is invisible it should give enough clues for make opponents aware of its presence. The cloak shouldn't have all the drawbacks and it should do *something* with reliability.
    • Up x 1
  10. LordDethir

What about the spy's cloak from TF2? It has a sound when you uncloak, but perfect invisibility unless you bump into something.
  11. tornflags

The cloak should be visible like it used to be on 'medium' setting before the balance pass... The cloaking sound shouldn't be as loud. If they did these 2 simple things, I wouldn't care that I have 100 less HP, semi-useful EMP, useless Decoy grenade, FUBAR max render range where the characters are teleporting all over the place, useless SMG (I'm TR so obviously Hailstorm), etc.
  12. TheStonehawk

I don't know why they didn't just go with the original idea they had with a crappy cloak that is only good at long ranges but can be used infinitely and a perfect cloak that can be only used for a few seconds with an uncloak sound ONLY. Then you have strategy and all that. As it is I don't even bother with cloak CQB and only use cloak when I'm pulling a Railjack.
    • Up x 1
  13. DrBash00

Idk... I personal have big fun with my cloak.

And i think the visibility is ok, because as long as you crouch on the ground, standing still you wont be seen.

The sound on the other hand is a really stubid issiue, especaly if you dont run stalker cloak, because everybody hears "here is a cloaker"....
  14. m44v

If really you won't be seen, then it shouldn't make any difference making the deep cloak state invisible, shouldn't it? video at 8:47

Is not "you won't be seen", is "you might not be seen", and really depends of the experience of the opponent and the background behind you. This is what I mean by reliability, should be an ability that you can rely on, just like a HA can count on his overshield working against all players and not failing in some random instances.
  15. DrBash00

Thats a Point ;-)
  16. Skeith

bumping this up, because i really want SOE to express their concerns about the cloak.
    • Up x 1
  17. Aimeryan

2 years and the problem still exists? Wow.
  18. CuteBeaver

Was reading, accidently necrod. Still a good topic after all these years to reference.
  19. Iridar51

A Level 100 Beaver Necromancer appears!
    [IMG]

OH THREAD SO DEAD, WRITHING IN PAIN

ARISE, ARISE TO POST AGAIN
    • Up x 2
  20. MisterSlim

If I could give you a +1 twice for this, I would. xD

-Stay Frosty