Silenced Railjack

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Evoo, Dec 3, 2014.

1. Evoo

Hi there folks. So i was wondering what is the bullet speed of a silenced Railjack, as far as i can tell there;s no diference with the longshot (both silenced ) if there is how much it.
    Is it viable , is the bright yellow tracer still visible when silenced .
  2. Plague Rat

It's more than a 50% reduction, (for other rifles it's 40%). If the numbers are accurate it's suppressed velocity is 420 m/s.

Also suppressors do nothing to obscure tracers, nor does it significantly reduce the range at which the shot can be heard. And while the audio is changed, it's still fairly distinct compared to other suppressed rifles. In short, you won't be fooling anyone with a suppressed railjack.

The only real benefit you can expect is now showing on the map for enemies within 40m, so my own personal opinion is to not bother with it.
  3. Iridar51

Suppressor reduces Railjack's bullet speed by 50.5%, and other bolt actions' by 40%. Source.

Without Suppressor:
    Railjack: 850
    Longshot: 650

With Suppressor:
    Railjack: 421
    Longshot: 390

Velocity difference is minimal, and even suppressed they both kill in one headshot, so there isn't much reason to use suppressed Railjack over Longshot, especially considering the firing delay.

Suppressor does nothing to tracers, on all weapons, so yes, it will still be visible.
  4. ATRA_Wampa-One

Really though, the only sniper rifles you should ever use a suppressor on are the short ranged ones (Ghost/TSAR-42/SAS-R) and the Phaseshift.
  5. Dualice

Indeed. If you're camping behind enemy lines and there's some distractions going on, a silencer on a TSAR/Ghost/SAS--R can work wonders for staying hidden.
  6. PhatalOne

Tracer is still visible so setting up camp in the same spot will get you killed almost as quickly as running without a suppressor. Only time I run with a suppressor on my Longshot and RAMS .50 is when most, if not all, of the following conditions are met:

1.) Smaller battles (my mini-map ping is going to be more notable)
    2.) I have a good set of hiding/shooting positions I don't want to reveal. (aside from the tracer)
    3.) Want OHK with reasonable stand off distance. (normal range for me is 250-300m, suppressed is 150-200m)
    4.) I'm camping a vehicle terminal behind enemy lines.
    5.) Do not want to appear on the mini-map for some other reason.

Basically, extremely situational.

95%+ I don't even bother with a silencer because at ranges over 200m+ bullet drop increases dramatically, travel time makes you hope your target is afk, and you lose OHK ability. If you are going to run suppressor on a long range rifle, do it on the Longshot; The firing delay, velocity penalty, and reduction to OHK range make the suppressed Railjack a horrible weapon.