What do you find satisfying in PS2?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BetterFasterStronger, Dec 2, 2014.

1. Alan Kalane

Annihilator Party Stomping Zergs from 400 meters
    Killing a shotgun user with sniper rifle + knife combo

I once sneaked up on an enemy prowler and put some AV mines behind it, but just before I managed to detonate them the prowler moved a few meters further and stopped. So I shot it with my carbine and quickly went behind the closest rock. The prowler cought the bait and I got two kills... Both very high BR, one 100 and one eighty-something. I felt like a real mastermind.
  2. FieldMarshall

1. Best moment was when i was 1 kill away from Engineer aurax, then finding out i was the #43 player worldwide to complete it.
    2. Killing someone effortlessly 1v1, then finding out its one of the top enemy players.
    3. Watching a famous ps2 youtuber, and seeing yourself end his killstreak in a 1v1 duel, then spilling your coffee cause you cant remember running into him ever.
    4. Having 2 LMGs, 1 AR, 1 Carbine and 1 SMG, that all counts towards the Exceptional Directive
  3. thenewbie

1. Getting that MLG level "mum get the camera" headshot on that light assault who just dropped off the cliff above you and just happened to pass in front of your sniper scope (still can't believe that happened).
    2. Dropping on a roof with your squad and suddenly going on a massive killstreak along with an epic back-cap.
    3. Getting your first deployed sundy kill.
  4. AbuM

Sniping snipers with tank my tank's main gun (I find it satisfyingly ironic).
    Killing people going to vehicle terminals when they think it is safe.
    Killing engineers repairing turrets when they think it is safe.
    Flying into people with an ESF at biolab pads, especially unaware MAXs.
  5. Cavadus

• One-shotting infantry with the AP cannon on a Lightning;
    • Skyguarding;
    • Shooting down ESFs with an Annihilator;
    • Sniping snipers as a battle rifle toting HA;
    • Emptying a Vulcan into... anything; and
    • Gunning the Harasser, don't even care what's mounted in the turret tbh.
  6. patrykK1028

Killing good players. The more famous they are, the better kill is.
    • Up x 1
  7. dstock

Running enemies over with vehicles, especially inside bases where I don't belong.

Players calling me out for being a bad in yell chat after they finally get vengeance. Sorry it took you a week to hunt me down and get revenge, bro, make sure you write it down in your diary...
  8. Jonesing25

My top 3?
    1. When NC/VS have a defensive hold on an outside area, and they clump up - like behind a rock(indar ex/quartz ridge) - I can really make good use of the banshee and help push my TR forces forward. I am here for an air-to-ground role.
    2. Using should-fired rockets to kill a MAX in close range - outsmarting and outmaneuvering them is fun.
    3. When I can die to an opponent NC/VS and nod my head thinking, "yep, he got me...legit" instead of "wow, this game is so broken"
    (#3 does happen, sometimes.)
  9. blackboemmel

10. ATRA_Wampa-One

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear their laminations on forumside.
    • Up x 1
  11. ronjahn

Things that bring me satisfaction:

1. Running people over in my harasser.

2. Driving a dual fury battle sundy and putting my gunners in a spot to take in excessive kill streaks.

3. Killing harassers with AP Lightning.

4. Killing libs with Vanguard.

5. Shooting an ESF with AP lightning, then jumping out to finish it off with a shot from the commissioner. Just yesterday I jumped out of my seat in joy because I shot 2 mossies with consecutive shots and was able to finish them both off with the commissioner before they got away.
  12. TheBlindFreak

Clipping infantry with the wing of my Reaver. #ReaverCleaver

Headshots on sprinting enemies.

Soloing sunderers.

From full health, getting shot by an AV weapon while flying, and then jumping out to repair in the air to give myself enough time land safely and repair up.

Flanking a group of fortified enemies with C4, grenades, and knife in hand and taking out 10 or more of them before dying. And seeing friendly boots walking over your body during the death screen safely advancing.
  13. Mauzeraut

-Slamming an ESF with a dumbfire and finishing it off with the commissioner.
    -Tie between destroying BR 100 autist skyknights with a lockon and the hate tells that follow
    -Shooting down an ESF with a wraith shotgun
    -Splattering a scat/raven max with a wraith shotgun (I get chills)
    -Foiling a TKer trying to blow my shield sundy with mines by detonating the mines early.
    -Finding a hidey hole with near-perfect cover from grenades, limited access points, moderate enemy traffic and a Betelgeuse equipped
    -Influencing the tide of battle with a throw-away air raid, and the subsequent miraculous appearance of (now useless) skyguards and bursters
    -Hackusations. I screenshot them and put them in a special "feel good" file
    -C4ing aircraft. Doesn't happen often, but when it does...
  14. Jaquio

Watching a tank zerg roll towards my C4 ambush and picking out which random tank in the column to blow up.
    Successfully goading a flash, harasser or max into a C4 ambush. Olé!
    A perfectly placed turret overlooking a bottleneck.
    Killing snipers from distance with my carbine.
    Watching armor roll towards my tank mines.

Oh, and after watching two sides grind each other in a farmy-farmy stalemate because they're both attacking from cover, too scared to advance, and too content to keep grinding kills off each other: Pulling out my Engineer with smoke grenade underbarrel attachment, plopping down an ammo box, and letting an endless parade of smoke nades turn everything to chaos. Smoke for days = farm killer.
  15. John_Aitc

I have recently been enjoying my Striker. Its deadliness has been all but removed from it, but I have been enjoying the rapid fire rockets and the way you need to lead your targets.

Since the last nerf I have not killed much with it, but I have used it far more often than ever before. In situations where I know I should pull a dual Burster Max, I will usually use the Striker.
  16. Mauzeraut

Without going into another balance discussion against the spirit of the OP, the Striker does have a niche in punishing hover farmers, especially when they try to do it over biolabs exits. It's also slightly better on Hossin against predators in the trees because you will do SOME damage despite a couple rockets hitting obstructions. Also, few people if any will flare a striker hit.
  17. SpruceMoose

I try to team up with NC snipers to snipe the TR too
    NC just wont have it

Me-"hey man I wont shoot you if you don't shoot me, I just wanna nail some TR"
    NC-"ok"
    Me-"awesome thanks, I'll be over here out of your way"
    shoots me in the side of the head
    NC-"stupid ******"
    Me-"so this is why we're at war"
    least that's how it usually goes

try it with TR and I can find someone willing to live and let live about 60% of the time
    we'll even start keeping score and blast those pesky light assaults together sometimes

then the banshee mosquitoes come.....
    • Up x 1
  18. Cookie5000

19. Saool

Exploding mosquitoes.
  20. uhlan

I love the ability to log in and farm some peas in my brightly-colored-combat-pajamas while wearing funny headgear and sounding like a machine, a person pretending to be Yakov Smirnoff, a hick, or Arnold Schwarzenegger...

Yep...

Other than that, not much.