why people do this, why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NewbyTR, Dec 3, 2014.

1. LtSqueak

Since you're ingame name appears to be different from you user name here, I can't look up your kill feed.
    Send me a friend request in game (LtSqueak). I'll be on around 6 PST tonight. If it's the same guy every time, CIK doesn't typically stand for that ****. I'm part of a joint outfit with them, so while I can't do anything personally, I can talk to Bdog about the situation if it's as bad as you state it is.

But more on topic, yeah, just report him. This is an MMO that can be played many ways. I hate people trying to dictate how I play.
  2. Goretzu

Interesting idea, might lead to some griefing through with people purposefully running infront of people.

The problem is if someone doesn't play a high kill class too much they can get a relatively high % team-kill rate without being purposefully or unintentionally careless. For example, someone that plays a support engi a lot doesn't get many direct kills, but gets a few TKs when driving, someone detonating their mines with friendlies in range, or the odd bad grenade throw and can get relatively high percentage TK rate.......... but with actually a very low number of TKs overall (because they simply don't get many kills; i.e. 10 TKs in 100 is 10% the same 10 TKs in 200 is 5%, but as say a MAX you're much more likely to get 200 kills).

Where as if you look at people that really are purposeful, regular TKers they tend to have TK % in the 20+ (and often much higher) levels.
    • Up x 1
  3. demondrew

Report the offending player if you feel it's a real problem and don't let it get you down mate TK's are very much a minority. Most players are decent and don't put up with that ****. Also get on prox if you have a mic and call 'em out when it happens.
  4. Zakuak

I like this idea. I'm the Meat shield numb nut who runs in on point no matter what's flying around me...I eat friendly nades often =).
    The no friendly collision seems to be where I score my TKs...I'll be ADS, firing down range and some friendly in an attempt to advance because I am laying down cover fire will run right through me, I dont see him until my LMG is scoring head shots on him.

So maybe a decent reduction in FF damage would help over all. It would curve the malicious fratricide and lessen the whine for accidental TKs.
  5. Scatterblak

This is a finely crafted post designed to illuminate TK in general and CIK in particular. I play on Emerald, don't know who CIK is in particular (my screen name here is the same as on the server), but I do have enough experience in document analysis to point out some features that indicate that this post is at least likely more than it seems. First, the author claims that English isn't his first language, implying that we can expect some mistakes; the mistakes, however, are most likely intentional. First, note the inconsistent use of 'i' vs. 'I' -- if the author didn't know that 'I' should be capitalized, it would be incorrect throughout the document. Also, many of the misspellings are likely intentional, as the out of place letters often occur on the other side of the keyboard ('pandon' 'deceded', 'frastrating'). Normally, this might be attributed to the author genuinely not knowing the proper pronunciation for the words in question (examples of erroneous phonetic spelling), but this is likely refuted because the author shows significant expertise with other lexical constructs that are clearly advanced concepts, such as proper verb placement and tense. In other words, it's unlikely that someone will come up with 'deceded', 'figger', 'minite', etc, and then construct a sentence with multiple comma delimited phrase and proper use of parenthesis:

"The same day, during an alert, i found out that one of our bases have lots of Vanu( i think that's what they called) and I spawned there, we were outnumbered pretty badly so I stood in frond of that safe window and try me best to figger out what was happening."

... he knew to capitalize Vanu, knew how to use the parens (spacing notwithstanding), and proper comma placement in a fairly long sentence. Also, note that the misspellings aren't of the 'fat finger' variety; most are a single letter off, but it's a letter from fairly far across the keyboard - most likely selected to imply the linguistic limitations of the author.

The final bit is that it's fairly clear that the episode itself is very likely exaggerated; First time play, drop in, get killed, spawn a max with AA and down 2 scythes? Pretty good when you can't even find your way around the crown. TK'd 10 times? Then TK'd with 5 or 6 people?

You're a pretty smart bunch of guys (well, I can only speak for the guys on Emerald), and I've got a feeling that when you read the OP post you felt there was something 'not quite right' about it. Just my opinion, but I think it's just a constructed post to complain about CIK without getting called out for it. I could be wrong.
    • Up x 2
  6. Champagon

First time playing

Drops into the crown.

I wish i made an image macro :(
  7. FieldMarshall

What if, after 1 TK (or 2 TKs within 20 seconds of eachother), your damage to friendlies also damage yourself for the same amount for 5mins.
    Doesent punish accidental damage that much, but makes it very hard for griefers.
    • Up x 2
  8. Utrooperx

So...I'm defending a BioLab...I drop my AI turret and start suppressive fire on the attacking faction swarming on to the Landing Pad...and a TR BR100 (my own faction!) deliberately shoots me in the head with a Commissioner from behind...I send him a /tell, "Dude, W.T.F...?"

He responds: "Cry about it..."

Same BioLab, shortly later...the Bad Guys got birds hovering off the Landing Pad, spamming fire inside...we can't get out because of the Bulldog/Zephyr spam...I pull a AA MAX and go down to the bottom in the Vehicle Terminal area and chase them off until a Lightning starts shelling me with a Viper...I pull AV grenade launchers with maxed Flak armor and sort him out...as I'm standing at the Weapon Terminal waiting for my Nano-Regen armor to fill me back up...BOOM...THUD-THUD-THUD...dead...

Killed by a TR BR5 LA...C-4+shotgun...

I guess that it's sort of a "back-handed compliment" when the Bad Guys have to resort to TK'ing you in order to "win"...

But it still sucks...the devs really should set something up to prevent/minimize this type of poor sportsman-like behavior.
    • Up x 1
  9. NoctD

They won't do anything. It takes considerably more than just TKing to be considered harassment unfortunately. The GMs in the game are spineless and mostly useless.
    • Up x 1
  10. BobSanders123

Congrats on being able to speak four languages, I couldn't even learn spanish, much less spanglish. I agree with teamkilling getting out of hand, at this point the game no longer looks like an open warfare simulator, instead being almost every soldier equipped with giraffe camo on esamir. Therefore I say just disable friendly fire. It adds near nothing to the game, and would help define that it isn't exactly the most serious of shooters. Also, people on Connery suck at throwing grenades, absolutely suck. I saw one guy throw a grenade the top of a tower, only for it to get stuck to a friendly burster max.
  11. Atis

If something is more annoying than ***, consistently TKing you, its a ***, consistently ruining good fight by TKing all AMSes in area.
  12. MaxDamage

Actually they changed it because people found a way to exploit it and maintain invulnerability outside of warpgates.
  13. drstrange2014

I agree with Scatterblack. The OP does not add up.
  14. Typhoeus

Sounds like an entitled ****** raging about you spawn camping and expecting you to keep running out to retake the base (even though there's no chance of doing so as you mentioned). Yes, there are actually people like this. Just tk them back and let everyone around you know in proxy chat to kill him as well. They tend to quit their act pretty quick once this happens. Go figure huh? :rolleyes:
  15. _itg

The problem with this idea is that half of friendly fire is the fault of the guy who got shot. Haven't you ever TK'd someone because they walked THROUGH you and put their mouth on the muzzle of your gun?
  16. tahn1000

that's rubbish. there's not supposed to be any fighting in the spawn rooms either. most tk'ing (by people who switch factions to disrupt the defending side by repeatedly killing them) happens right in the spawn room. it's frustrating to the max and ensuring that 'friendly fire' doesn't happen in spawn rooms is the ONLY way to stop these pricks if SOE wont put in a time delay when changing characters.
  17. Goretzu

If they removed FF there'd be MORE fighting from spawn rooms not LESS! :confused:

They're be loads of people just firing out and not worrying about hitting people also trying to do the same thing (because it would no longer matter), and conversely camping of spawn rooms with AoE would be insane as there'd be absolutely NO reason not to just let rip in the general direction of spawns.

AOE spam would be everywhere, all the time (just like it was in Warhammer Online without Friendly Fire), causing all sorts of gameplay and performance issues (again just like it did in Warhammer Online with the amazing spam-fests there).

Removing Friendly Fire would destory PS2, and is a totally daft idea, it is as simple as that.