[Suggestion] Too much *****slaps in face for 1 class i think. Please at least buff something.

Discussion in 'Infiltrator' started by Vincefeld, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Moonheart

I can't agree.
    If you set a correct ambush, you don't need a primary to kill someone. If there is a problem with the stalker cloak, it's more because it's too fragile currently compared to the threat we are.

The few kills we do are not worth all the ways the cloak can just fail us: flashlight, random shooting, being walked by, standing before a background who make even the deepcloak distortion too visible, too many hints given to people you are here even if you use a silenced weapon, and people with very good eyes.

Either the stalker need more ways to influence the battle (hacking?) or the difficulty to survive with this cloak should be slightly tuned down (lessen the distortion when moving crouched? full invisibility in deep cloaking?...) but surely not being given a SMG that would fully destroy its nature by making us able to kill without a proper ambush.
  2. Dcrd

Point is - cloaking is useless by itself.Stalker would be good for snipers - so you can passively sit there and wait for your target, not bothering recloaking every now and then, it could be good for close range infiltrators, so sit somewhere near the dangerious spot long enough until you get escape, but when you're left with a pistol - you can't snipe and everything will stomp you in CQC. Ofc you can kill with that, but you'll be much more effective without it.
  3. Moonheart

PS2 Infiltrators have been requesting for long a cloak that work like in PS1.
    That's what the devs made: in PS1, cloakers only had a pistol from what I readed about it but could stay cloaked infinitly. That's what the Stalker cloak do.

However, this cloak will be too powerful on both snipe rifle users and SMG users:
    - The firsts will be almost impossible to kill, since between shots it would be nearly impossible to locate (a flashlight doesn't work as well in open spaces than indoors)
    - The seconds would escape too easyly after killing someone.
    Stalker cloak needs to stay out of the end of people using those weapons. We could discuss a bit more of allowing scout rifles, but I'm not really sure it wouldn't still be too powerful when combined with infinite cloaking.

Also, Stalkers kill people efficiently with their secondary by using their cloak to set ambushes. That's a different playstyle, but it works. Saying we are useless is wrong.

So: The Stalker cloak perform as requested, can't be given to primary weapon users for obvious balance reasons, and are able to be of use with their secondary only.
    There is not a single reason to unlock the primary weapon for this cloak (and I'm using it, so this is not coming from someone who have a grudge against it)

The only point to fix is: The stalker cloak make us useful, but no uselful enough.
    We loose a good amount of time just positionning ourselves, survive usualy less than a sniper once we start killing people, and do not kill as much people as most of other infantry classes. Hacking a turret behind an enemy is our biggest move, but it only applies on a few bases, and only if their turrets are not already destroyed.

What we need is not a primary weapon, that would clearly unbalance us. We need either one of this:
    - Faster way to position without getting spotted (ex: improved cloaking when moving, at least on crouch walks)
    - More actions possible behing the enemy line (ex: add more hacking options)
    - Being more deadly once we set an ambush point (ex: give us ******* traps that don't disappear at the first guy that walk on it, and are avoided with a single implant!)
    • Up x 2
  4. Dcrd

There are lots of ways to balance it out. For example - you can't recloak for 5 seconds after you're out of cloaking and/or if you get hit - cloaking turns off. So primary weapons can easily be balanced with a stalker cloak. And yes, stalker infils are not useful enough - as you can sneak around with casual hunter cloak just as well, but you will have let's say and SMG or a SR which will make you good if not dominant on those ranges.

An yeah, there still is nothing to hack in the game - hacking terminals is both useless and suicidal, hacking turrets can be only done once, also infiltrator doesn't even have C4 so there is no actual use to sneak somewhere, which is what infiltrator seem to should be doing, according to this class' name.

We also lack tools. All we have is pretty much "motion detectors". You can sneak behind enemy lines or something and then what? Detect them? Very useful. You can't destroy vehicles, you can't mess aroud with there sunderer spawn points, etc. You put 2 mines, hack 2 towers - done. Nothing else to do.
  5. Goingback

In my opinion darts are ok. Just simply support friends with motion tracker to say "hey idiots, there is someone inside, be ready!"

Decloak is bigger issue I say. Many times I just died because of that 1 sec decloaking. No matter the fact I spotted him faster, they still have more time to react. Breaking cloak by shooting would not fix that because snipers would be almost impossible to kill. And no more funny dueling sniper vs sniper.

I vote for more levels in adrenaline pumps and extra bonus for Infi (and LA maybe) due to fact we got less HP/Shield. Yea, -100 really matters.

And change something about commissioner.. that really s*ks when everybody can one hit one kill headshot Infi even when ambushed. I really hate that weapon, it breaks NC Trait and is available for every class.
  6. Moonheart

Perhaps, but there is no interest in it in my eyes.

I cannot speak for everyone else, but I do love the current Stalker gameplay, consisting of making up for weaker weapons with patience, sneaking and ambush tactics. I do not need, nor wish, and certainly not at the cost of something making the ambush part harder to perform, a primary weapon of any kind.

Stalkers are Stalkers. If they are improved, they should be improved in a stalker-like way, not a hunter-like way.
    i.e. giving them something that help them to set ambushes, not to run everywhere spraying bullets.

If Stalkers needs more "weapons", the kind of weapon he needs the most in not firepower, but traps.
    • Up x 1
  7. ArcKnight

I don't want smg with perma cloak, I want bolt action with perma cloak :(
  8. LordDethir

C4, Grenades, Pump shotguns . . . Rocket primaries . . . Yeah Infils are the only class that can end you life in less than a second. :rolleyes:
    • Up x 1
  9. stalkish

Rule 2 - Double tap.
    • Up x 1
  10. DatVanuMan

I did forget to include...
    At LONG range;)
    • Up x 1
  11. LordDethir

I can get marksman ribbons with my Shrike, 100 meters +
  12. ArcKnight

how about we just give infiltrators some C4 type explosive that only damages infantry so OP can calm down

all I really want at this point is to be able to carry my BASR with stalker cloak,
    • Up x 1
  13. Dcrd

People seem to miss that cloaking is not invisibility. You can see infiltrators. Easily. There is no reason for infils to have less shields, to be the only class without C4, the only class without shotguns, etc. It's just dev's hated class for some reason, while HA still doesn't have it's overshield removed from the game even while it's obviously beyond overpowered and always was - when your whole clip is not enough to kill a guy - it's not ok.
    • Up x 3
  14. DatVanuMan

Are you a good Infiltrator? One who is skilled, timed, cautious, patient, and wise?
    If so, I don't see what the problem is with that:)
    • Up x 2
  15. LordDethir

Add laggy to that and you got me.
  16. DatVanuMan

Then I have but one task for you:
    [IMG]
    • Up x 2
  17. m44v

catching a player off guard when the cloak can be heard from quite some distance is a matter of either luck or the opponent being a moron, not L2P.
    • Up x 1
  18. Stinneyt

I basically cut everything apart from the real infiltrator issues.
    And I dont know if has been changed but I read a post where someone tested and you can hear the cloak at 270m away.
    Thats almost as far as the effective range of the BASR.
  19. ATRA_Wampa-One

The only real "buff" that infiltrators need has more to do with semi auto weapons than anything else.

Bolt actions, SMGs, and even the full out scout rifles are in a good place. Hell even pistols aren't terrible and I'm VS.

Semi-auto Sniper rifles & scout rifles though could use a drastic buff to their velocity, say 50% for scout rifles and 25% for sniper rifles and I'll go ahead and include battle rifles as well (25% increase) since they're so similar to make them actually desirable to use instead of something that's just there for directive chasing.

Other than that, infiltrators own since their special grenade is super useful both offensively and defensively, their recon device provides wall hacks for everyone else (bad infiltrators don't keep this up at all times, don't be bad), and they have access to some of the best weapons in the game with SMG's, a close range bolt action rifle, and the full auto scout rifle.
  20. Plastikfrosch

I am a user of the stalker cloak and the stalker cloak only. i love it. the deep cloak is good as it is. the official description says: "nearly invisible" and thats what it is. you need to be sneaky and use your common sense to get a good spot from where you can ambush your target. if you hope to kill a heavy (or any other class in a direct confrontation) you will get ripped apart because of the lack of a primary (only the commissioner can really help you out in situations like that but it will alarm everyone around because of the sound).

The real problem i see is: while using the stalker cloak, there is no difference between crouchwalking, walking and running when it comes to the visibility. i think it should be rewarded if you are patient enough to crouchwalk up your target and take your enemys out slowly but efficient so that its not able to see you out of a range of 50m while on crouchwalk.
    There has to be a clear difference between the 3 ways to move. we give away our primaries (im fine with that) and we are the ones who act behind and inbetween the enemy lines. the cloak is our 1 and only protection. once we are spotted we are f*****.

and to the OP: primaries or C4 while a stalker: that would be absolutely op. i wouldnt mind if a hunter gets the C4 because he is easyer to find because of constant cloak/decloaking sound or because they are not cloaked so that they dont have to make that sound (and if a light assault plants a C4 and hides on top of a building or climbes up a tree he is able to hide as good as a hunter or even better). but as a stalker with heart and soul i would say: dont give us the C4.
    • Up x 1