pls give advice on dealing with randoms in vehicle

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by task_master, Dec 1, 2014.

1. task_master

I did not want the medic in my harasser because I didn't trust him. For all I knew, he was going to shoot whenever he wanted, even at nothing, giving away our position and doing no damage while also being unable to rep. Take note that I run stealth on harassers.

I wanted the engineer to stick around because he shot things/held fire when he was supposed to, and he actually aimed at people. Both of us were in squads already, so squad locking was not an option. If squad locking was an option and I took it, I would be at risk of death whenever we repped because the car would flip/spin if the gunner got in first.

How do I respond to this? I'm honestly not interested in sitting around pressing the eject button repeatedly to get some nerd to go away. This happens frequently, although they usually don't keep trying for 40 seconds after I kick. Really I'd like a more thorough seat lock system, where I can lock certain classes or seats instead of all or nothing.
  2. Hatesphere

if you are in the same squad and afraid they might not do what you want, maybe try talking to them instead of just hitting the eject until your finger wears out? I mean typing out a message to him telling him how you want him to react as a gunner/telling him he isnt a good class for your loadout is more useful then just booting someone over and over again and it the only way a player is going to learn something (that and you might make a friend)

If you are on a euro server and have a language barrier then I really cant help.
  3. CNR4806

Option 3: Trust no one, tick "Locked" and solo away.

The vehicle locking/ejection system is so badly designed it almost seems like the devs are encouraging you to do just that.

Alternatively, invite the engineer to start a new, locked squad with you so that you can use "Squad/Platoon".
    • Up x 1
  4. RykerStruvian

I'll keep my sundie available for anyone. But if people do the following, I instantly lock the sundie for the duration of it's life:

1. Getting into the driver seat
    2. Firing the guns at nothing
    3. Firing the guns at friendlies
    4. Firing the guns at targets they can't hit

If anyone does the following four, everyone gets kicked. I don't have patience for this. However, if someone is doing everything correctly, I will speak over proximity chat and encourage them further, letting them know they are doing everything right and that I appreciate it.
  5. Cloakndagger

The radial menu that pops up when you hold 'Q' over an ally should include "Invite to vehicle".

This will allow us picky vehicle operators to keep it locked for randoms, and invite the people we think/know are going to help. Invite window lasts 30 seconds.
  6. Cloakndagger

7. Cloakndagger

Gah I'm bad at editing. Real the last sentence of the post above ^^^
  8. BobSanders123

Page down
    Squad/Platoon only
    Drive away
  9. Cloakndagger

Don't know how to read ^^^
  10. Govedo13

Kick them using the red X near their name at the page down menu. If they continue to get in after second kick teamkill them and move along.
  11. Kunavi

I've actually been C4 TKd by randoms who got angry when I kicked them out, despite clearly seeing that the seat was reserved, despite /Tells, despite everything... Most of them even sent me /Tells back saying "I IZ L33T GUNNER Y U NO???!!!" followed by words I'm not interested in conveying. It goes beyond that really; If I decide I want to TK them right back for destroying a perfectly good, well positioned vehicle used by a small team and TKing up to 2-3 people at least, THEY take it personally and TK me over and over. In WGs I park away from the main building to discourage such people but even there I've had people spend resources to buy an ESF and try to flip me, or even go as far as follow me out of the WG and then TK me there with their ESF. I've been C4d for Sqd locking the vehicle because I was MAX and one of my friends would have to drive the Sunderer away if something threatened us; A fact I explained to a random guy in the front Fury, who then just C4+Rocket us.

Icing : Most of them don't even bother repairing when you ask them to at least switch to Engineer... They ignore you and just spend your ammo, giving away positions, hitting irrelevant distant targets, not focusing on the same target ETC ETC. And then C4 you.

This is TR.

The only option I can recommend is to quickly pick up your buddy from spot away from both enemies and friendlies, repair in similar spots and be on your way. And don't wait for your buddy where rabid l33t gun crews can clearly see the vehicle.

Edit : Since it's already a text brick, I'll add this happens mostly when I pull Sunderers, Harassers or Libs. With Sunderers there's always the increased risk of getting TKed by Faction switching scum who can't otherwise get close or won't bother doing so.

In any case, all this means I don't care who's in my LOS when I fire, who's close to my C4 when I detonate it, who gets blasted by my RL along with the intended target... And I never hit the brakes for friendlies anymore. I only feel bad for TKing when I accidentally run 2-3 people over in my Harasser but to my defense, in large battles not everyone renders fast enough.
  12. Copasetic

Talk to the guy. Most of them just don't know any better and nobody likes to be treated like ignorant filth not worthy of being a gunner for mighty panzer fahrer.

If he ignores you or gives you lip then you lock the vehicle temporarily and drive away.
  13. Pelojian

If you've got a bad gunner you want to get rid off that just keeps firing randomly etc in your tank drive out of a battle somewhere and while you are moving at top speed lock your tank and let that newbie walk if he doesn't know about redeploy.

i rarely get teamkilled by C4 kicking in this way. i do get the occasional bad harrasser driver hitting my tank at full speed while i'm at rest or starting to accelerate from rest then blaming me for his death and then them trying to teamkill me..
  14. Kunavi

Yeah no, they are not that innocent. Sure experiences differ but I've never met those nice, kind and patient guys you mention. All I get is C4 if I stay still for 1" after kicking anyone out, regardless of anything.
  15. FieldMarshall

Cant you talk/type to them to let them know what you are trying to do?
    Yeah, he should have gotten the message after getting kicked out for the 10th time, but still.
    Maybe he was new and was like "Is this a bug?..." who knows.
    If he still wont get out after clearly telling him that you dont want him in your vehicle, then i may have gone as far as to TK him for griefing.

Personally i get in random vehicles as any class (and change later when appropriate and if i feel like gunning for a while).
    If i get kicked, i do a V+8, and usually understand why they dont want me in. Not that they need a reason to want to solo a vehicle.

The ability to communicate with words and letters is probably the most powerful thing invented by man.
  16. \m/SLAYER\m/

we need see medal near gunner's name. and don't eject players in the open field, leave them where you picked or near an spawn room. once you found good gunner - invite him to squad, or join his.
  17. Alarox

Lock it.

Although, in this particular case you should have started driving then kicked the Medic so the Engineer could stay.
  18. SoldierHobbes

I almost always lock my vehicles to squad/platoon. The only time I make exceptions is if the person messages me or says something over the mic. Bare minimum, if the guy can at least hear me over proxy chat, that'll work for me. I don't care how good a gunner may be, but if he can't coordinate with me, he's no use.