Windows 10 technical preview crash

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Colaolli, Dec 1, 2014.

1. Colaolli

The game client worked fine until today something was updated and now the game crashes to desktop after pressing >>PLAY<< in the launcher. Any way to fix this?
  2. sagolsun

Not supported yet. Running a tech preview as your main OS is a bad idea anyway.
  3. Jac70

Wow it didn't take long for smug naysayer to turn up. If you run a beta or a preview you have to accept that there is more risk of a problem but I have been doing so since Windows NT and I have NEVER had an issue.

Just tested the game on my PC, running fine on Windows 10 for me so perhaps the issue is unrelated.
  4. Colaolli

Hey come on! I'm not trying to complain I'm just kindly asking if anyone else has had this issue and has worked around it. o_O
  5. ZenitHMaster

runs great for me on win 10. Most likely just a driver/hardware issue, which will be resolved. Don't listen to anyone else here saying it is unsupported. Windows releasing what they call "buggy beta" has the same amount of bugs we wish this game had. They don't just release unstable software xD. They are only doing final touches, and I guess they did not reach the review of your hardware yet
  6. Smagjus

Oh, that is far from the truth. There are a lot of bugs in the beta and yes, it is also unstable in many cases.
  7. ZenitHMaster

I haven't gotten many errors in my version of windows 10, or even windows 8 (maybe a little more then). For me, it has been pretty stable, other than some instability.
  8. Jac70

I wasn't having a go at you, I just get a bit tired of people reciting the mantra that beta releases will cause your PC to explode, that said I suppose it is good advice if you are running mission critical programs or have all your media, photos etc on your hard drive with no backup (that really is a bad idea).

So yeah, no issues for me at all playing today. You could try running the launcher and doing a 'Validate' on the files just in case something got corrupted during the download.
    • Up x 1
  9. Colaolli

What hardware do you have?
    R9 280X, i5 2500K, Asus ROG series mobo etc. here.
  10. Colaolli

Hhmmmm it seems that the non steam version is working.
  11. Colaolli

Found the flaw now! It seems that Vsync makes my game crash instantly. better not activate it.
    • Up x 1