Team killing weapons lock needs adjustment

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TrueGormagon, Nov 27, 2014.

1. MonnyMoony

OP - if well over 10% of your kills are in friendlies - then you should be being weapon locked. You need to be more careful.

My TK% currently stands at 2.3% and I still think i'm a little too overzealous with my trigger finger when friendlies are around - especially when i'm using my Lasher.
  2. mer1c

I think you must have done some team damage prior to this nade.

I TK'd 7 teammates with a sticky nade a few days ago and it didn't got my weapons locked.

The only time my weapons got locked was when some teamates ran into my gunshots AFTER I touched a few friendlies with my magrider AFTER my exploding sundy rolled down a hill killing 8 teammates.

So it really takes a lot to get your weapons locked. I don't see a problem here.
  3. Flamberge

Possibly, except my story was to illustrate that with the sticky nade, I DID NOT get weapons lock, and I didn't even get a warning. Nothing happened.
  4. BlueSkies

Planetside 2 grenade mechanics

• Up x 2
  5. stalkish

yeap, just saying, dont be too quick to judge.
  6. Taemien

I disagree.

I've been playing since November of 2012. I've been weapon locked twice in these past two years. My first time was using the old 6m splash HE rounds indiscriminately in a base.

The second time was because someone was TKing my squadmates in the warpgate back when we weren't invulnerable in there.

Both times I wasn't as innocent as you claim some of these players are. Needless to say, from my experience its pretty easy to avoid weapon locks. Especially since splash weapons don't splash as much as they used to.

It takes quite a few kills to get a weapon lock. Usually around 7 or 10. If you're killing that many friendlies in that short amount of time. You're killing more friendlies then the enemy is. That means you are a serious detriment to your team and the game isn't going to allow you to turn the tide for the enemy.

Its not about what is fair for you as a solo player. Its about what is fair for the 50-100 teammates in the battle you're screwing up.

You can fix this by covering another sector of fire. If the area is so congested with friendlies that you're shooting each other, that means there is too many in that area. Move to another area. That area is covered. This is the problem with the solo player mindset, its all about "me me me" and how they can get kills themselves.

Play as a team player, heck join a squad and this problem (like many others) will go away.
  7. thenewbie

I think it works something like this:

1 X is just one Grief Point, and you got only one X for throwing that grenade.

When you had your engi turret however, you accidentally shot teammates multiple times, leading to multiple Xs and Grief Points.

So yeah, the Grief Point system REALLY needs an overlook and revamp, cuz you only get one Grief Point for hitting a teammate with a grenade, and it doesn't matter how many teammates you hit.
  8. Pokebreaker

You're not saying anything, for I already mentioned I DON'T jump to conclusions. I've been playing long enough to know the difference between accidents that are my fault, which I freely admit fault to, and ones that are because of moronic players trying to hide their vehicles behind/beside a friendly deployed Sundee. There is no excuse.
  9. DK22

only thing I use turret's for is fire support, not a killing machine.
    keep fire on that doorway, pin them down, so our guys can move up.
  10. axiom537

For the love of god, just stop shooting if someone gets in front of your line of fire. You are killing your meat shields...
  11. DFDelta

I think it is next to impossible to get weapons-locked accidently with the current system.

From what I've seen the system seems to count explosives as one attack, no matter how many friendlies you hit with them (I once blew up 10+ spawnroom heroes with AV mines + C4 and only got the basic warning for that).
    Even if you constantly hit friendlies with stray bullets or because they step in front of you you'd actually have to actually gun them down (as in, kill them from full health) to get to late warning stages, let alone become locked. Even the most basic bit of trigger discipline will prevent you from getting locked.

I've actually been arguing quite a few times that the system is way too lenient and needs to hand out locks far faster and for longer times.
  12. I play by many names

Using that link all of my characters have been team killed for over 5% of their deaths, while only TKing themselves about 1-1.5% :(

Of that 5% the vast majority are people in vehicles that have zero business being in them.
  13. stalkish

Wow, why so hostile?

But by all means go ahead and 'win' this one if your fragile ego needs a pat.
    Your right im wrong, have a good day.
    • Up x 1
  14. m3talc0re

Being NC, I find it hard to believe this guy
  15. uhlan

I have only been weapon locked once and I must admit, it was to see how much it took to actually cause that to happen while playing infantry.

I was surprised to see how much actual effort through "careless play" that action required.

It seemed I had to spam fire everywhere at any enemy target and to toss grenades without a care to get this to happen.

Most people who can truly be said to be good at the game have pretty low instances of weapon-lock or none at all.

The ratio of TK to being TK'd for those same folks is depressingly high, however.

So now, when folks ask for the weapon-lock threshold to be changed, I just have to laugh.
  16. Goretzu

That drives me mad, I don't think I've ever done it in a vehicle at a sundy (because I come in slow and careful), but the number of times I've been hit by people coming in a full speed (sometimes before I've even got rid of the loading screen) is ridculous.
  17. BlueSkies

:confused: Why is that?
  18. Pirbi

Sometimes a genius deploys the sundie in the center of a bridge which gets his teammates spawn killed by friendly vehicles. Sometimes a tank is racing toward the ammo or repair sunderer and not seeing any infantry as they don't render in time for fast moving vehicles. Then the normal game quirks. I drove a flash around a sunderer and up a hill. On my screen, the sunderer was on the road and below me. I clearly passed it as was well on my way. Then *BOOM* I get tked by that sunderer. Somehow on their screen, I didn't make it around. That's the other thing, you need to remember it's client side. Doesn't matter what you see on your screen, only what happens on the screen that causes your death. But that type of stuff will happen to noobs and they start revenge tking out of some perceived slight. I don't think I've ever had weapons lock. But the guy that went on the most obnoxious rant about getting TKed by me was my only TK of the day, was walking in front of an enemy shielded door, and had a dozen TKs in that hour. I looked him up because I assumed he must be pristine :rolleyes: . It would be nice if the game could determine if a TK could have been avoided or the TK was due to simulated Darwinism.
  19. Govedo13

The system is joke- tank mine or C4 intentionally friendly sunder or MBT- np. After that tank mine or C4 second sunder or mbt- np.
    C4 10 allies- np.

Randomly hit 5-6 allies with one bullet each without killing anyone in 2 min time with your lasher- weapon lock.
    Boost to get into cover with magrider- hit 2-3 friendlies without killing them - final warning.

Vanu are more ****** by this because the mowrider, PPA and Lasher.
  20. Champagon

If any of you have ever driven a magrider you would understand where OP is coming from. It is just TOO easy to kill friendlies with that tank. If you look at a friendly wrong while driving a magrider they will keel over and insta-die. The game will then berate you for being a horrible person. Then you will rage quite out of frustration.

I wish i was exaggerating