Alerts: VS>TR>NC! Why?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by McMan, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Hasteras

On Emerald at least it's really not a theory, it's very real. All the really skilled top players naturally gravitate together and mostly ended up maining on one faction (VS). A list of the all the DA/AC players whose original characters were on NC or TR would be pretty long.
  2. JudgeNu

I want to win alerts because, it is just that, winning.
    I see why we don't win.
    I always try to do my best and when I see people slacking it urks me.
    I understand most of their frustrations.
    I find myself thinking some of the same things.
    This has happened along time ago and we are in the result of it now.

But lets be fair here.

A lot of times it is by a small margin.
    All the cries about VS winning, a lot of times it is just by zerging a base at the last minute to secure the winning% against an arbitrary timer.
    A lot of people have given up for various reasons.
    If NC were to gather all its players into an organized force, the VS would cry forever.
    They would not be able to stand against us.

There are a lot of points made in this thread that do factor into what the state of the game is today.
    Make no mistake.
    Most of us know that alot of these points are true.
    • Up x 1
  3. Govedo13

VS is the teamplay faction- it is such by design, the results are clear- best players play in best teams in team-based game.

Simple as it seems VS have the best Outfits and bigger number of serious Outfits. Both in competitive and in casual(zerg) area.

Also another thing is that VS is lacking in ES weaponry that promotes lone wolfing, look at the Lancer/Vortex/Lasher, Magrider (easy dies 1/2 vs AP lightning) and even the currently ubernerfed PPA - all require team efforts in order to achieve the full potential of them.
    Imagine the level of organisation and coordination needed to effectively suppress whole large outpost with Lasher nests or AV/AA nests on some random hill then compare it to some casual Jackhammer/Minichaingun/Phoenix/Striker lonewolfing HA user.
    All of the mentioned above is quite underpowered and useless compared with NC/TR stuff if it is used by lone wolf while it reaches its full potential used in groups.

VS was the underdog for so long popwise. VS were underpoped by both TR and NC for a long time, it is logical if you are used to play as underpoped to wreck face on equal pop.

So equal numbers combined with good organised outfits and team-based weapons is what makes VS to win more alerts.

Personally I main VS and when I switch to TR/NC and fight against people that I tend to play with I switch back to VS fast because I feel myself farmed due to bad coordination/teammates that have no clue. Personally since the merges I haven't seen Cobalt VS to loose equal fight.
  4. Chewy102

Im no person to be giving hard details in this topic as I just today came back from a 3+ month break. But tonight's Indar alert shown me something Iv read before.

VS and TR don't like to fight. That or the 2 only bases that linked TR and VS was really hated to fight over.

NC had 3 fronts against TR with the smallest of worth being 1 platoon and the biggest being 3ish platoons. And NC had 2 fronts fighting the VS with those shifting between 1-3 platoons each. Yet the 2 bases that linked TR and VS never got to over 2 platoons total till over an hour in the alert. NC lost maybe 4-5 bases to TR and 2-3 to VS over the alert. By the end NC reclaimed 3+ of the bases lost to TR but the VS held us back very well. And still the TR/VS fronts only moved a single base in favor of VS and from I seen of the map between my deaths that fight either sucked all of the spare TR and VS platoons or had just enough to make hard to read the map at 96+ with evenish % for both sides. That was just one of the 2 links, the other link never had a platoon total from what I saw. It just wasn't fought over at all but for 1-2 squad pokes that didn't end up with anything.

It ended with VS winning the alert with something around 36% of the map. A good win but I can't help but see the lack of fights between TR and VS tonight. That and ALMOST NO talking from NC players. Hardly any orders was given and the pub platoon I was in there wasn't a single word in squad/platoon chat (text or voice) and it took a at least an hour for me to hear another player over proxy chat with me abusing the hell out of it for call outs and what not. The only communication I had tonight was from my outfits teamspeak channel. No one said thank you outside of V1 when I helped them, no call outs outside of Qing stuff, no random ******** I come to love and hate. No communication at all that I heard or seen from Emerald NC tonight.

It didn't help that I for some reason couldn't rebind my squad and platoon voice chat keys. Proxy chat worked but all other voice chat keys show on my screen as proxy. Couldn't get any other voice chats working on my screen.
    • Up x 1
  5. flyingaxe1

Because Gank+Zerg+inferiority complex+mature playerbase= VS leadership can pull the like minded together. (Kinda) i play all factions multiple servers and it boils down to Red versus Blue(something inbuilt into human psychology) VS usually get ignored till it too late.
  6. Goretzu

It doesn't happen in a vacuum though.

There's always something behind it, be it something like coming from other games (as Miller was orginally with TR) or some in-game issue.

There's likely something going on now, given that world populations are ~33/33/33 yet alerts are ~44/32/20 it's still early days since the reset, but that is a big difference, especially when you consider that no so long ago VS pops were suffering and VS only players were complaining about everything VS being underpowered.
  7. Goretzu

That certainly happens a lot on Miller, although to be honest that is nothing new, it has been that way since Live.
  8. salembeats

Flawed data. The API doesn't give stats with any level of accuracy. People who would log into their accounts for 2 seconds just to receive their daily certs would show up.

VS on Connery has been overpop all night long for months because Japan.

-Salem
  9. lothbrook

VS and TR just don't seem to fight each other on emerald, literally every NC border territory will be contested and heavily so at that, while the TR/VS borders are almost empty, and this will even happen when an alert isn't going on and the NC will be the lowest pop by like 5%, **** doesn't make sense, and i've logged off more than a few times because every base i spawn at is a camp fest.

I can see why the TR don't want to fight the VS though, they're the most difficult to see at night, their tank is the hardest to hit, and .75 ads on LMGs that aren't terrible is a huge deal.
    • Up x 1
  10. Goretzu

I'd agree with you with the older version (I actually tested it against my server and it was quite a way off), but that one seems to update much more frequently and gives a much closer result to actual server stats (close enough that it is meaningful when considering populations).

Also you don't get daily certs anymore and haven't for a while now. :confused:
  11. Xasapis

VS have been overpop on a lot of servers during the night for some time now. At the same time, they were the least populated faction during prime time on a lot of those servers. So it's basically a case of having more people when there are 500 total on the server as opposed of being a minority when there are 5000 people online.
  12. Goretzu

That's not really what the populations are showing since the reset (the are remaining 33/33/33 most of the time - worldwide), certainly not enough to account for a 44% 20% difference.
  13. Xasapis

I was mostly talking about the pre merge era, though VS overpop during night time and TR overpop during working hours has been a thing for a while.
  14. salembeats

Doesn't matter, since we're talking about total alert wins (aren't we)?

-Salem
  15. Champagon

Nice try to those saying VS are OP yadda yadda, the simple fact is VS has more skilled players. Heres why

• VS Like to work together
    • TR Like to lone wolf
    • NC Like to lone wolf

More recently a TR outfit came back which works together [VG] i think they are called. and they are annoying (because they are good) and I have to give them credit for being a pain to deal with.

This game supports team play so naturally those who work as a team, succeed. It's not that hard to understand.

**My opinions and suggestions are my own and only apply to the "Emerald" server on official SOE sanctioned gameplay servers
  16. Noif

But isn't VS have bigger player number than TR and NC, because their guns are better than others?

And... If alert happen, then happen VC+NC vs TR. I see a lot that VC and NC come to TR, but when look to map. I barely see action in VC and NC borders in maps.
  17. FocusLight

> Laments that VS is considered OP, and claims VS is just better overall, to explain why they win so much more than others.

> Cites the lack of teamwork in all teams besides VS as another reason for the alert win differences.

Pitiful. Next you will tell me it's just a L2P issue and VS are actually underpowered but this attracts more team-oriented and skilled players, so that VS is just that good.

If so you would not be the first one, this is very standard rhetoric from the average members of GOKU and many other Emerald VS outfits, even earlier in this very tread.

Let me know when you get over yourself and deflate that massive ego of yours, you might become more interesting to talk to.
    • Up x 2
  18. Champagon

Nothing pitiful about what I said, have you ever played on the TR and NC? That lack of teamwork and leadership is what i call pitiful. I have alts on TR and NC. and all too often are they just running around "just because" or command is just cursing at each other for the LOLZ. NC command on emerald is a joke, and TR command is getting better slowly but surely. You can't argue this statement if you played on NC and TR.

Also, it seems i've struck a chord with you. So lets relax on the personal attacks and figure out how to fix the TR and NC losing alerts. The solution is LEADERSHIP. But we need to post cherry picked stats and go back and forth for a few months before we come to this conclusion
  19. Goretzu

Huh, you were talking about population and daily logins. :confused:
    Since the reset of that site though (and the current alert count) it has been pretty even.
  20. Goretzu

To be honest it doesn't support that.

TR vs NC makes no sense vs their respective population, never mind VS vs NC.

I don't know what is going on, but I very much doubt that it is VS are great, TR or ok, and NC are pants (players) for some inexplicable reason.