Why TR guns suck.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Paperlamp, Dec 18, 2013.

1. Paperlamp

TR/VS automatics cannot effectively full auto @ 100m. The effective range of 0.1 CoF and .2+ horizontal recoil guns fired full auto is pretty short, and even with burst fire you won't be effective @ 100m with them.

I've used all factions guns and there isn't a single weapon I haven't needed to burst fire and compensate for recoil with to some degree. Well except for stuff like shotguns anyway, maybe SMGs though I'm not a big SMG user.

I get "no data available".

But I kind of know what I'd see: high BRs with SMGs or CQC weapons. That's because CQC around active infantry fights is the fastest way to rack up the XP/certs and score/m.

It's fair to say that these players also use CQC guns while hip-firing for the head, so aim is still a factor. You make a fair point, it's more specifically an "at mid-long range" issue for me and I was making too general of a statement.
  2. Darth Oby

Your so right, most factions have their advantages and disadvantages but the TR have nothing thats so good, and the NC or VS always have something better or have more guns and most of the time they are better too. im sutck with a nanites systems gun playing the TR because the other guns suck or its that the kinda good guns are so inaccurate. and the nanite systems guns arent that good sometimes too. and i do have good aim but it pisses me when my gun hits nothing but air when i aim for them. and looking at numbers and trying it the NC is up on the top on weapons....and don't get me started on the NCS max....and the tr max sucks too, if you go up against a NC max the TR would loose quickly don't matter what gun you have. they really need to balance out the teams.
    and i wonder why i play the TR anymore? :confused:
  3. Alarox

This thread is 347 days old.

Why did you post here? How did you even find it?
  4. Crayv

I got my TR all the way to BR 80 and started playing NC. Now my NC is BR 98 and my TR is still around BR 83 or 84.

TR guns suck. The are inaccurate and their reloads take forever (not a single one of them has a faster reload than the NS guns, long or short). There isn't a single gun that I really say "man I wish I had that on my NC". There is only a few situations where I say I wish I had a lockdown Prowler or maybe the new Striker (nice for dealing with nearby aircraft) but I often wish I had a Lasher or a Lancer just as much.

Thread archaeology.... amazing how they manage to find these old relics that still have some relevance to this day.
  5. Alarox

The state of the game 347 days ago is a lot different than now.
  6. Crayv

see edit.
  7. Hoki

Oh no! An anti-infantry A2G noob weapon got nerfed!

Time to feel sorry for ourselves!

[IMG]

Get out.
  8. Paperlamp

My inbox was confusing me at first. This was good for a laugh though.

In this case, I don't actually think it is. Cougar is the only thing that TR got as an attempt to change this, and it shares some of the T5 AMC's issues.

The main thing that's changed is that I don't even care or expect anything anymore. Most players have terribly skewed perspectives on weapon balance and cling to simplistic catchphrases like "faction diversity" and "asymmetrical balance" in spite of the lack of balance or diversity on each faction individually. And SOE is lost without player input it seems. They've taken how long to try to get just one rocket launcher to be functional? Plus the game seems to be held up by a skeleton crew while they put most of their resources into the PS4 version and other projects. It's hopeless.

Hahaha, this thread is older than the Banshee outrage dude, way to jump to conclusions.
  9. pnkdth

What issues? The Cougar is awesome.
  10. THEWIDOWSON

The TR weapons are so under powered compared to Vanu weapons that there are times were I encounter them and dont even bother firing.Yeah its that unfair.
  11. sL360

My biggest issue with TR weaponry is the fact that other than the AR category, we don't have a very unique selection according to our faction trait.

TR is supposed to be about big magazine sizes and most important, rate of fire. We don't really get that, besides a few guns. LMGs, I'd say the Carv, the MCG (which isn't even really an LMG...) and maybe the carv-s, those are the only three that really 'feel' like TR weapons. In the manner of carbines, I would pick the Jaguar, the Lynx and Trac-5 (dat right pull) are the same in that regard. Hell, wasn't long ago that the Lynx was changed to reflect our factional trait, and it was needed imo.

NC gets all their high damage weapons, and even some high rof stuff to boot. Of course, I believe every faction should get at least one gun that does what the others do, like GD-7F being NC's go-to CQC carbine, but still, looking at some of the other selections for the other categories just confuses me sometimes...

TR's assault rifles when compared to their factional counterparts, get the best rates of fire and the highest magsizes over NC and VS guns, for a very large portion of the selection, if not all for a few. This is why people say that's their strong point, and I agree with them.

Also, just now realized how old this thread is. Damn.
  12. Dualice

I did pretty much the same thing but going from Vanu to TR.

The reload times are longer because the magazines are of a higher capacity. Balance and all that. I have more fun playing TR than either of the other factions, and I suspect I play better with their gear too, or maybe it just feels like it. The point I'm trying to make is, maybe it just wasn't the faction for you, but it took some time for you to figure it out. If TR was that broken, from an objective standpoint, there would be many more complaints than we're seeing.
  13. Tycoh

The only difference between players from the past and now is that the newer people haven't figured out that they're dealing with BS and haven't left yet.
  14. tf2hero

[IMG]
    yeah that's all i gots to say