[Vehicle] Tank appreciation thread. Get in here tread/floater heads!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ralcoss, Nov 29, 2014.

1. Ralcoss

Right, so most threads on forumside tend toward a certain tone of discussion, and I'd like to take a brief break from all of that by having a tank thread. Specifically a thread about what we LOVE about our tanks. I'll start. (Tank stories also welcome.)

PROWLER:
    [IMG]

1.) Datass.jpg
    2.) Living out certain childhood fantasies involving starcraft siege tanks and dispensing indiscriminate justice. (No longer possible with HE nerf.)
    3.) "Oh look a shield sunderer. *Lockdown* Let's remove that."
    4.) BBBRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRT- *Boom.*
    5.) Racer 3 pretending to be a lightning as hard as I can. LIKE THE WIIIINNND!

MAGRIDER:
    [IMG]

1.) Visit 90% of a continent instead of the 35% covered by roads/flatlands/places our near torque-less vehicles can reach.
    2.) *Clunk* *Clank* *Wham* "If you do not stop firing on allies your weapons will be locked, this is your final warning."
    3.) Rock solid turret stability for firing on the move.
    4.) MAD JUKES. You best bring some lockons son, cause you ain't hitting ****.
    5.) Based Vanu space science rocket tank of quick escapes. (And death when you lodge yourself in a tree and vibrate till you explode.)

VANGUARD:
    [IMG]

1.) MAXIMUM FREEDOM CARES NOTHING FOR ENEMY FIRE (until you can't reach that rock to hide behind in time.)
    2.) Hello, I actually look and feel like a tank.
    3.) Titan AP: "Is that you god? Why did you slap me with your dick?"
    4.) Blessed Higby's divine protection shield.
    5.) THE WHISTLING NEVER STOPS, IT HAUNTS MY DREAMS.
    • Up x 3
  2. Mythologicus

That Magrider. It's...so beautiful.

I wish SOE hadn't decided to go for the Unfinished Pile of Rusty Junk look. Magriders were actually intimidating before that.
  3. PKfire

Showing my appreciation for your tanks.
    • Up x 1
  4. Alarox

Liberators are so much fun to shoot down.
    • Up x 1
  5. Flag

I feel so incredibly smug each time I shoot down a lib/ESF, or when my gunner does.
    Good times.
  6. Brahma2

I "love" Titan-AP.
  7. FieldMarshall

I used to hate tanking in PS1, and was excited when i heard you didnt need a gunner in PS2.
    I hated having to park my tank - wait 3-4 seonds for the "exit" animation - walk to the other side - enter the gunner slot and wait 3-4 seconds for the "get in" animation, just to start killing stuff in an immobile turret basically, if you wanted to solo tank.
    I guess it was balanced though. Very few tanks on the battlefield compared to PS2.
    Anyway i digress.

I wouldnt call myself a "tanker", but i really enjoy it when i pull one. MBT was something i certed when i didnt know what to get, and now its nearly fully certed.
    And the more i spend on my tank, the more i like it.

Also very satisfying burning down an enemy tank (or any vehicle) with the Vulcan.