[NUC] elusive1: Raw (CQC Sniper Montage) 60 FPS

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elusive1, Nov 28, 2014.

1. elusive1

First you should be watching in 60 FPS, that makes a huge difference. I'm moving fast enough that the muzzle flash/hit marker is going to be off. I'm seen it enough it i my videos, that i'm pretty sure where you see the bullet hits isn't very accurate either. It happens in probably all my videos. I guess the game doesn't handle flick shots well, as the hit sparks are off sometimes when they are moving. Watch at 2:23. It's all ****** up, and the bullet looks like it actually went into the ground. It's a head shot, and the hit spark is off to the left. Should make your head explode. Not abusing a bug, I just try to make shots, and they happen sometimes.
    • Up x 1
  2. Demigan

I downloaded it at highest quality, apparently it's not available in 60FPS or Youtube ****** it up for you. I've once made a 90FPS high definition video that was perfect on my PC but when uploaded it was 30 FPS and horrid quality.

Still, it doesn't change the fact that the game's bugged. How is it possible that, if the hit-detection is client side, that the animation of the bullet flying, it's impact and the muzzle flash animation are all out of sync with the actual calculation that your PC sends to the server, which is "I hit you"? The whole point of this client side detection is that if a bullet on your screen is calculated to hit you actually hit it, to prevent the whole latency problem. If it misses it should simply be a miss, not have some back-ground calculations that are supposed to be real but different from the animations. Why seperate the two anyway? Having two systems that seperately tell where the bullet is traveling and impacting, one fueling the animation and one giving the actual hit, that's ludicrous! It should be fixed either way.

How can anyone even prove any hacking, if you can't even trust the animations on your own screen?
  3. elusive1

60 FPS is only visible using chrome. Otherwise it's in 30 fps. You should definitely watch it, everything is way smoother and easier to see. Yeah, I suspected a long time ago that everything isn't all client side. That would explain the discrepancies. People months ago did the same thing you did with pictures etc. The thing is, I think it's the other way around. I know I'm purposely trying to click on their heads, and I'm sure the vast majority of the time I am actually on target. No matter how fast I'm flicking. It's whatever is controlled server side that's not properly displaying the markers. Not that i'm missing, and it's still hitting. Though with the hacking thing, you are right it definitely makes it pretty impossible to telll. At least at the speeds I'm moving.
  4. Bape

Lol SouthGate checkpoint C point is where a bunch of NC either /reported or quit the game lmao that was so sad hahah.

+1 elusive lol.
    • Up x 1
  5. Yuukikun

You know, you don't have to post your videos every week, we already know you like sniping.
  6. vanu123

I thought NUC left planetside?
  7. Alarox

ITT: Elusive is called a hacker for being able to drag-shot.
    • Up x 1
  8. TerminalT6

1:25 LOOK MOM I'M ON TV!!!
    Also, just went on 29 kill rampage with M77-B, maybe elusive senpai will notice me.
    • Up x 1
  9. elusive1

Thanks. Probably both lol
  10. elusive1

which one were you? I'd imagine it was an alt. I notice!
  11. elusive1

There are a couple of us who still regularly play. Zoid and some of the squad leaders are team elevate's world of tanks team. The rest, I don't know what they are doing.
    • Up x 1
  12. Demigan

It's still incredibly weird.
    You click on their head,
    The bullet, which is client side (otherwise there would always be a delay the size of your Ping, which doesn't happen during connection loss etc), the bullet then is animated on a different trajectory than your client is telling the server... so that part all has to happen client side, otherwise your client would tell the server "I shot", your client starts calculating the trajectory. The server receives the notice that you shot, and sends back "allright, you shot from that position, your bullet should be traveling in that direction from that position", your client probably has send the server that you already hit someone as with a ping of 80ms the server's calculation will arrive at the moment you hit someone, assuming a distance that you had where it took 167 ms to hit a target. So you would be getting a hit marker at the moment your bullet is finally rendered... and your bullet would be rendered a meter away from your body as you would have walked some distance in the meantime. Which doesn't happen.
    The other option is that the bullet's actual trajectory is calculated not clientside. Which would mean that you can't hit someone properly because of the latency problem, as people would have moved by the time the server receives where the bullets go.
  13. Nitrobudyn

I know that feeling. Right now there are (on Cobalt at least) people teleporting constantly all over facilities. Sometimes i caught their names on video, and their stats just didn't look like they were cheating - more deaths than kills on the killboard. I had to assume that they were just lagging. But yeah - it sucks when You can't trust Your eyes.

Best regards.
    • Up x 1
  14. Andy04

Nothing special about that at all .....who cares ? Bad video.
  15. elusive1

Yeah, I'm not sure how it works. Clearly something isn't entirely client side though. Is it possible that bullets aren't really projectiles? Like if you move fast enough they are actually attached in the gun?
  16. elusive1

Yeah!
    • Up x 1
  17. Demigan

Either that, or the bullet is actually some kind of volumetric laser. So moving your mouse really fast "smears" out the bullet over a larger area, while there is only one actual animation which happens at the end of your bullet firing sequence. That would mean that by moving your mouse, you enlarge the potential "hit" area, while your bullet animation is going somewhere completely elsewhere.
    • Up x 1
  18. Xasapis

Limit is 10k for F2P and 50k for members.
    • Up x 1
  19. Auzor

Yep, this is definitely a possibility.
    • Up x 1
  20. elusive1

That might makes more sense. I went back and watched my video. Check out 1:57. I would watch on chrome at 60 fps. You still need to pause it at the right time to see it. The quick scope produces two hit sparks (I've seen this before). Both hitting the enemy, and also on the door's wall. They seem to go in the direction the scope is moving. So maybe it really does smear everything. Wasn't even a headshot lol[IMG]
    • Up x 1