Anniversary bundle! (Includes camo, gold trimmed ES rocket launchers, 6 month XP boost + more)

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ned, Nov 19, 2013.

1. WHIPLASH

Called that ****. All they did was fix the camo "bug" and left us suckers who bought the bundle in-game high and dry when it comes to the boosts people got from the website. **** you SoE. You're ******* lucky I had that station cash in reserve or I'd have had my bank yank that money from your cold, dead hands.
  2. hostilechild

I bought the package on the website and still didn't get but 1 boost.
  3. MaxDamage

Why would you get more than one boost? Seems like an error given that it's cheaper to buy bundle than one boost.
  4. Solo59486

Its cause they fixed it now. You only get 1 boost per bunde.
  5. LocoCoyote

I realize I received 500 SC a month, I understand I received certs and an EXP bonus. I know what I signed up for.

What is it gong to hurt ANYONE to give paying players at least the annual camo? Why shouldn't I expect a veteran award for keeping people at their desks working to make PS2 better? Why is this a discussion?

No, I don't feel entitled because I paid to play. I do feel like I'm one of the people who support this game in every way and it would be nice, like any other retail reward response, to treat those who support their business with a small favor. It is not entitlement, it's good business.
  6. Flapatax

I would say a 70% discount on a bundle of things that you may or may not have was a pretty big favor.

Favor doesn't have to mean free, especially for a free to play game.
  7. Keiichi25

I have tried, although, realistically, you can't really want the lancer to do that either. While hitting moving ESFs is no easy task with the lancer, the range and near instant ability to hit with the lancer is much more deadly to hovering/predictable flight ESFs to allow that. While the Phoenix can come close to it, it does have several drawbacks that most pilots who know better would be able to evade, same with the Striker.
  8. Keiichi25

Actually, I am WELL aware of how the Striker works. The thing is, the problem with all the wanks about the Striker has always been the 'The striker does 2500 damage all the time!'. Which is not 100% true. People make the striker be the ultimate no skill weapon, and with it still tracking when a target is no longer LOS (You still have the lockon box a couple of seconds after they are behind cover), the missiles will still track until they hit or reach their limit.

What you fail to understand in this argument is that the event you are referring to, is that it isn't until you lose the lockon track, the missile is still tracking to its target. From my own observation, using the Striker, I locked onto an ESF, fired on him, watched the ESF go around a mountain, still tracking and maintaining track until all rounds hit. The lockon box was 'flash', but missiles were still tracking its target.

The only other time the missiles will act like this is when you try to reload while missiles are in flight. This behavior I have no problem with as it forces the user to stay tracking the target and quell some of the wank fests with this regard, however, the 'tracking' should be broken when LOS is lost if you are locking onto a target and suppose to 'track' the target with the launcher.

Also, read several of my posts where I get accused being a TR fanboi wanting to keep my OP striker. I tell people who wank about the striker they are terribad in dealing with lockon weapons. If the new behavior is to keep 'tracking' the target til all rounds hit or you lose track, the breaking of LOS should be considered 'lose track' in the most logical sense, otherwise, it just keeps the actual wankers of the Striker to keep thumping the desk saying it still does the 2500 damage all the time, especially for aircraft, which is where a fair deal of the wanking from the VS and NC are about.

What more, it also still helps the wankers in the fact that Striker will still be considered a 'direct upgrade' of the Annihilator when it has the faster round, rounds that can skirt around intervening terrain and do more damage. The Striker's pro for the TR is the ability to acquire another target and be able to make more efficient use of their ammo. Miss one shot due to flare/smoke, reacquire another target and get the rounds in somewhere else.
  9. Zazulio

Point of interest: neither the Lancer nor the Phoenix are good at attacking aircraft. Why should the Striker be? I play all three factions pretty regularly, and this is what I've seemed to notice about balance whining from all three:

NC: My weapon can't do anything!
    TR: My weapon can't do everything!
    VS: My enemies still have weapons!
    • Up x 4
  10. SpaceKing

Aww, too slow, they dun fix'd it

Actually the Lancer is pretty good against attacking air if you're good at aiming it and the Pho one-shots any ESF you manage to touch with it (which is usually 'podding or hovering ESFs), though that is situational
  11. vulcan78

Yeah it has been our experience that multiple Strikers in the field can effectively deprive the opposing faction of air support while the TR, who also undoubtedly have the superior ESF (no, contrary to popular belief the ESF are not equal, Mosquito has smallest hit-box, highest agility, and can down other ESF with ONE clip, and other MBT with ONE full salvo of Hellfire from the rear whereas the Scythe can do neither) can continue to attack ground units and retreat under a wall of Striker cover fire.

You really cannot do this with the Nemesis or Annihilator. I am also extremely cognizant of the new personal trend of succumbing to Striker fire in my Magrider. 75% of the time I am destroyed by Striker. Not Prowlers, not even the obnoxious and long-overdue for a nerf Vulcan Harasser, but the Striker. Just as with aircraft, it is extremely distressing to try to Magburner your way out of a Striker lock only to get nailed behind a hill, with one 5 round Striker barrage eating more than half your health. Two Strikers? Youre done.

I really don't understand how those who play in the TR can honestly say that they aren't OP. You have the Striker, Vulcan-Maruader Harasser, Mosquito and Chaingun working in concert and the competition is not going to win against that unless they have 65+% population of a given skirmish. In fact, I have yet to see a victory against the TR with equal population. On Connery it is tolerable because admittedly the VS usually out-pop the other two factions, especially during late-night early morning alerts, but I bet dealing with the TR on other servers where they have population dominance must be a living hell.

The fact that the TR virtually won the ENTIRE WDS pre-season is extremely indicative of the gross weapon imbalance exhibited by this faction.

I tell you what, because I am so sick and tired of the go-to TR rebuttal "ZOE Max", TAKE THE F'ING ZOE MAX AWAY AND NERF ALL OF THE ABOVE TR WEAPONS INTO COMPETITIVENESS. NOTICE I SAID COMPETITIVENESS. RIGHT NOW THERE IS NO COMPETITION. IN FACT THE GAME IS POSITIVELY BROKEN.

YOU DON'T RECEIVE DOUBLE DAMAGE WHEN USING A VULCAN HARASSER, STRIKER, MARAUDER, OR OP MOSQUITO NOW DO YOU? WHAT IS THE COST TO ALL THAT OP? I DONT SEE IT. THE STATISTICS DONT REFLECT IT:

Harasser Kills Per Given Time Period:

NC Enforcer: 2.5k
    VS PPA: 3k
    TR Vulcan: 18k. (READ, EIGHTEEN THOUSAND, MORE THAN TRIPLE THE OTHER TWO FACTIONS COMBINED )

ESF Kills Per Given Time Period:

VS Proton Rocket: 6k
    NC Seigebreaker Rocket: 5k
    TR Hellfire Rocket: 10.5k

The stats, with ZOE Max being the ONLY outlier, look similar for the other aforementioned weapons.

No problem here?

SOE WE HAVE A PROBLEM, FIX THE WEAPON IMBALANCE OR NOT ONLY AM I NOT GOING TO PURCHASE "ANNIVERSARY' WEAPON BUNDLES WITH BROKEN, NON-COMPETITIVE WEAPONS (HINT: LANCER) BUT WILL NOT RENEW PREMIUM SUBSCRIPTION AND PURCHASE ANY MORE STATION CASH AND WILL EVENTUALLY LEAVE THE GAME FOR A FAIRER FPS ENVIRONMENT. WE UNDERSTAND THAT THE DEVELOPERS HAVE AN AFFINITY FOR THE TERRAN REPUBLICANS BUT TWO THIRDS OF THE PS2 COMMUNITY ARE TIRED OF THE NON-COMPETITIVE NATURE OF THE GAME THIS AFFINITY HAS ENGENDERED.
    • Up x 2
  12. koopa

im sorry, did you actually watch the video? because it sounds like you didnt. now in the video, i purposely stood at the edge of the lock range for VR so it would be in the 3 second grace period when i started firing. two of the 3 missiles fired hit. the third did NOT impact the liberator, and instead went skyward as the lock was lost before it could impact.

same problem as above. didnt read my post, watch the video or infer what i mean by locked on and not locked on.
    now im going to explain this in full since you seemed to assume what is not what i was saying. now when you start locking onto a vehicle, this is counted as no lock. now when you finally get the lock the reticule is a solid green non flashing reticule its locked on and ready to fire. when you lose that solid green reticule and it starts flashing and spinning, it is still considered locked on. this is the 3 second grace period you have to gain visual on the target. when this reticule is no longer flashing and disapears, this is considered not locked on.

so go back and reread my first post.

only partly right. they will fly straight into stratosphere when you leave ADS. losing tracking when you lose LoS would effectively make it impossible to hit with the weapon as you'd be cutting off the 3 second grace period which is all the weapon has going positive for it at this point in time towards hitting anything.

i dont give even half a **** about what you've advocated in the past. your current remarks for balancing it would make it more useless than the annihilator, and that's saying something.

as of right now i only see strikers used about as rarely as i see VS using the lancer. infact, every time someone asks which rocket launcher they should buy the most common answer i hear and give is the grounder. and personally, i believe the anni is better than the current incarnation of the striker due to the fact anni will still track even if i lose lock.
  13. LocoCoyote

You are absolutely right, sir, and when my 120 dollar annual membership runs out in a few weeks, the free model is exactly what they will be seeing from me. So, instead of renewing and tossing another 120 dollars their way they will see zero dollars all over a simple and harmless, "thank you" appreciation gift.

That is 100% discounted and my favor to them. You are welcome, SOE, for my support.
    • Up x 2
  14. MaxDamage

Think RTS. Think Starcraft. Think Dune. Think Command & Conquer series.
    The balance is there, and unique strengths are there for each faction, it is just not linear. Some of the strengths in infantry are made up in armour, MAX units, or empire specific traits.

Comparing faction specific weapons weapon-to-weapon as if they supposed to be identical mirrors is only going to make you confused and upset.

Bigger picture ****.
    • Up x 1
  15. GamerOS

All great and all, and really that's what SOE was aiming for in balance.

Except they failed miserably with that balance as one faction blatantly has the weapons that are superior in the majority of the fights.
  16. Flapatax

K. I'm Flapatax though.
  17. RobotNinja

Here's the response I got from support which basically amounts to a big screw you. Players who purchased it from the website not only got the advertised Heroic XP & Resource Boost, SOE messed that up too and credited it too all the characters on a player's account. I purchased my bundle after looking at the website offer and I purchased it in-game at the time when it was listed as a XP & Resource boost.

SOE should just do the right thing and give everyone who purchased the Anniversary bundle a XP and Resource boost but that would require actual competent customer support and actually fixing a massive error instead of just slapping a bandaid on it and telling everyone else to screw themselves.

"I'm sorry to have to let you know that the Heroic Boost graphic that was on the web site on the 19th was incorrect as the Boost in the bundle is only an experience granting Boost.
    As you purchased the bundle through the Depot, the correct icons were shown there and I am sorry for any confusion this might've caused you in the meantime. Rest assured that the web site graphic was corrected as soon as we had noticed as it was just a mistake with the icon that was used. Once again, I apologize for the mix up and should you have any further questions or concerns please do not hesitate to let us know. Thank you for playing Planetside 2!

Sincerely,
    GM Exerege"
  18. AdmiralArcher

you literally have never used the striker in any real battle situation, if you have, you would be saying that it sucks balllz, because it does, you may be able to down an ESF in one clip, but if you do, that pilot must have been a dip****, because its hard to do, and it takes 2 mags of striker rockets to kill a tank, and all of your ammo to kill a sunderer, and as for the anti air, i can do the same thing with a gorunder, and i can actually do it faster because i just have to lock on and fire and then move on to the next target, the ZOE ability is grossly unbalanced, its not even fair at all, just at aglance it has 1 negetive inpact and 2 positive impacts, right away its already unfair compared to the ageis and lockdown, which have +protection and +fire rate with - movement speed and -movement
    ZOE isnt fair at all, now if the NC enforcer got a a buff then im sure alot of NC would be happy
  19. LocoCoyote

I'm sorry all, but again, I cannot believe how freakin' ridiculous it is to have to pay for veteran rewards when you have paid to support this game for a year.

I'm mostly frustrated on the track SOE took to only offer an opportunity for rewards when a lot of us have already given them a year of support. We should not have to pay for veteran rewards.

Taking their side, for a second, this was really ill-thought-out:

They should have offered different tiers of rewards.

Tier One could have been cosmetic: The patches and the camo for REALLY cheap.
    Tier Two could be Tier One plus all the weapons. Middle price
    Tier Three would be the boost plus Tier Two.

SOE should AT LEAST given Tier One, in the above example, to their Paying Subscribers. And they should offer the rest of the anniversary bundles to players through the Thanksgiving weekend. Then fire the dip-***** who thought a one package deal was the way to go.
    • Up x 2
  20. jollybadger

Hm yeah. About that boost... There was a fix announced. Is that still coming or did the dude on duty suffer severe caffeine poisoning before it could roll out?
    [IMG]