Character Animations Make No Sense

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Klypto, Nov 27, 2014.

1. Klypto

I do not understand why animations are this bad.

When you are ADS, you cannot duck your head to look at your feet, turn 45 degrees and face a completely different direction, point your gun at the ground repeatedly, or swing your gun around like you are batting the air and expect to have any semblance of accuracy. It's impossible.

Yet this is exactly what we have in the game. Just like the god awful debris that to no end make me extremely unhappy whenever I drive a tank to the point where I don't drive them anymore, you have character animations that are overly exaggerated and nonsensical. When I see someone shooting me while ADS and I hit them in the head it's like watching a circus. You never know what bad animation they will put out of their hat of tricks.

This game makes me mad. It pisses me off. It really could be a great game and and we just have never ending bugs and crap that drive me insane.
  2. Angry Scientist

The player being hit animations really do cheese me. You never know what's going to happen. My favorite is when you nail a guy in the back of the head and the flinch basically ducks his head into his chest, negating further headshots. Then the heavy turns on his shield and wipes me.

Yeah, yeah, I know. 'Muh immersion!'. But it's still frustrating.
  3. Klypto

Well if he is going to duck down like that, the first person view should reflect the same. You should be shooting at your feet if you are going to have that kind of reaction.
  4. Angry Scientist

Being fair, you used to. The whole stupid flinch mechanic. Now that I think of it, the over exaggerated hit animations reflected the old 'make your aim worthless' flinch mechanics.

Still does, kinda, but not as bad as it used to be.
  5. patrykK1028

3rd World problems
  6. eldarfalcongravtank

but muh immershun!:(
  7. Flag

I swear that this absurd flinch animation saved a target from a 1hk headshot I attempted the other day.
    No kill for me, but damn it did look silly.