Tankers, describe your play style

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Flag, Nov 26, 2014.

1. BobSanders123

Extremely overly aggressive prowler on Esamir when TR have Tech Plant. Those lightnings don't stand a chance.

Any other time I usually do what all the other APAPs do.
  2. Evilsooty

In my stealth AP Prowler I always try to be sneaky and take the less traveled roads to get into a more favourable position to deploy and attack from the side or rear. I have max zoom so can land shots fairly accurately from a range that they can't return fire reliably.

Most of my time is spent hunting sunderers because as others have said a locked down AP Prowler will destroy everything but constantly repaired battle sundys in a matter of seconds.I sometimes charge in at close range to take out a difficult target like a Vanguard or MBT making life difficult for the infantry if I can't get them at range though.
  3. Evilsooty

P.S. Does anyone else find there is nothing more satisfying than shooting down fully manned farming Libs with your main turret who have been making life hell for the infantry? Best part of the game for me :)
    • Up x 1
  4. Xasapis

Where did you find "fully manned farming Libs"? In PS2 Liberators are merely cert pinattas or disposable vehicles to kill an annoying Prowler that is shelling a base from a hex away.

I think I got killed by Liberators less than 10 times in the past 6 months. If it wasn't for the tank buster, the Liberator would be more useless than the Valkyrie.
  5. MasterOhh

I drive a maximum stealth AP/Saron Magrider. Only with gunners from my outfit, because there is a ton of communication going on between me and my gunner + he has to have some trigger discipline (don't wanna blow my stealth advantage because of a trigger happy m0r0n on my 2nd gun).
    My highest priority is a having as much recon as possible, before I even think about engaging targets in an area. Listening is helping me a lot. I can determine what is going on one hex away by simply hearing whats happening there.
    I pick my targets carefully, attack them from angles they would least expect an enemy coming from and allready have an escape route in my mind before I even fire the first shot.
    When I have engaged a target I immediatly try to evaluate how the fight is most likely gonna end. If I estimate my chances at 50% or less, I break off. I've left MBTs or sunderers alive which were allready buring, because I knew I could have killed them, but would have died, too. Esp. on Esamir when we don't have the techplant, staying alive is more important than getting the kill.

Then ofc the golden rules for every Magrider pilot: keep moving ( C4 fairies have a pretty hard time against me), use the terrain to your advantage and know when it is time to leave a hot zone.

I'm probably using the Magrider more like a heavy harrasser then like a MBT.
  6. Evilsooty

I have come across some brilliant Lib crews on Miller who can lock down an entire fight taking loads of evasive manoeuvres constantly. That being said it only happens when no-one pulls air to counter to them so it's up to that Prowler driver a hex away to take them down!

Love seeing the three extreme menace level 100 kills pop up.
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  8. Flag

It doesn't take very much to get to extreme menace. :p
  9. Evilsooty

How many kills is it out of interest? It wouldn't surprise me if it's quite low as the killboard often tells me I've done 'great' even though I am playing terribly.
  10. Xasapis

We're playing on a different Miler then. Liberators are merely nuances you swat away with minimal effort these days.
  11. Evilsooty

Magriders are a bit more difficult to hit though than locked down Prowlers.
  12. Flag

I forget, but I think it's still quickened by things like membership and xp boosts.
    I think that if I were to AFK at a major facility (I've got both membership and a 50% boost atm), taking that base places me as an extreme menace.
    May have to kill one thing too.

That's not really a fair comparison.
    Besides, as someone who've spent time on all 3 sides (mostly VS, admittedly) all 3 tanks can be hard to deal with, each in their own way.
    Although unlike the other two the mag doesn't really get an auto-win scenario like the VG and Prowler can (mostly Vanguard).
    What's important to remember is that while yes the Magrider is harder to hit at ranges, it's also the tank that struggles the most with doing damage once at that range.
    Tank balance is (mostly) fine, at least compared to what it's been in the past.
  13. DFDelta

Way too aggressive.
    Doesn't matter which tank, stealth + AV/AV and then off to give some people the scare of their life.

Magrider I keep circling enemy tank-zergs, picking one or two unaware ones off from behind, then magburning away to circle in again from another direction. Doesn't work that well in the many funnels on south Indar and Hossin.

Lightling I run exactly like my Magrider, only more so.
    That or I'm skyguarding. From the frontlines. Screw those guys sitting 200m behind the friendly tanks taking potshots at enemy ESF near render because they're afraid of them.

Vanny I'm usually running AV/Kobalt which I use to circle around bases trading shots wit enemy tanks, while my gunner deals with the conga-line of hostile infantry that, for whatever reason, always runs behind a Vanny.
    That or I run AV/Enforcer, in which case I use it like the Magrider, just with less running away.

Heck I run my Prowler with Racer, AV/Vulc, Stealth and FireSup. I use my Prowler like an oversized Harasser.
    Anchor artillery is for people who lack the brass ones needed to fight like men.

If I had VOIP turned on I'd be that guy who stands in the middle of a clogged chokepoint and screams at the guys in front to push ffs.
    • Up x 1
  14. Flag

Are you secretly me?;)
  15. Evilsooty

I have 50% membership boost as well so that would explain how no matter what I do the killboard says I'm brilliant :) They should change it to only go by kills to give a better reflection

I agree - they each have their own strengths and weaknesses and it all balances out quite well. I was talking about a Prowler being an easier target for a Lib though.
  16. Bindlestiff

Cobalt. Maybe I'm just no good, but Libs almost always end my tank runs.
  17. patrykK1028

Im just rolling around looking for some easy target to swap to PPA and kill him.
    Directives :eek:
  18. Flag

I never used the PPA past 50 kills or so.
    If I had, and auraxiumed it I'd actually have completed the Mag directive. Alas... **** that. AV all the way.
  19. patrykK1028

I thought there are 6 things in MBTs Directive..
  20. Flag

But I don't feel like using the Supernova PC and VPC to auraxium levels. Blergh.