Character covered in static electricity

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Targanwolf, Nov 20, 2014.

1. Targanwolf

I was playing today and suddenly my character was covered on static electricity. Can someone educate me on what that was ?
    • Up x 1
  2. TheBlindFreak

My guess would be the medic's shield regeneration field. It was introduced in the medic revamp update.
  3. Rovertoo

Could you educate us a bit further?
  4. Targanwolf

My arms...my weapon (thats all i could see of course) were shimmering with what looked like static electricity.White in color. I was afraid I glowed far too much when fighting. I ported to another area and it disappeared. I was reluctant to play given how I stood out.
    I thought I had achieved something important...but could find nothing.
  5. Thrones

new bug, happened to me too. I was repairing when I died, perhaps something to do with that.
  6. TriumphantJelly

It loosk cool when it happens. It's a bug related to shield regen, something affecting it (E.G. Medic field/heavy Shield) can trigger this, I believe.
  7. KnightCole

Your character farted....we fart nanites, they are staticy....
    • Up x 1
  8. Brenold

i think thats the animation when you take damage and still have shields taking it, or when your shields come back up after depletion... basically just bugged so it stayed on. happened to me once I felt like Emperor Palpatine or Rayden.
  9. AshHill07

Did it look anything like this?
    [IMG]
  10. Hotbread

Also having this "bug"
    Character has little lighting bolts all around his gun and hands. Didn't affect me other than that then.
  11. xArchAngelx

You unlocked your Super Saiyan capabilities?
    [IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. VaIhall

I dont know your graphics are so **** I can't tell but it wasnt just the scope it was everything.
  13. Canaris

you've been touched by Vanu.... next comes the groping :eek:
  14. Leftconsin

I too thought I went Super Saiyan. Unfortunately no.
    Fortunately only you can see it. You don't glow to anyone else.
  15. Titan6

I've had it a few times, just swap classes at a terminal and it goes away. Annoying, but not game breaking.
  16. RykerStruvian