TR needs some love - even the pro players agree...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by illuminati, Nov 25, 2014.

1. illuminati

So watching the ps2 farmers stream last night some of the best outfits in the game pretty much agree that the TR weapons are lacking compared to NC and VS weapons. The soon to be nerfed bashee leaves TR with really nothing left..

Please SOE give us a slight buff, I am not asking to make anything overpowered but give us weapons that are on par with the other empires (ie: 167 dmg smg cyclone or .75 lmg orion) I think that the MSW-R or the Carv could have a slight buff or a SMG that is worth it! Or at least slightly nerf the opposing weapons. When the best players in the game mention it its definatly worth listening too.

To quote from the stream "TR is like the red headed step child for SOE"

Thanks
    • Up x 6
  2. GoyoElGringo

Yeah it kinda sucks that they are nerfing the banshee just because it is slightly better than the other 2 AI noseguns. I mean, the the VS has the better A2A ESF and the NC has the better hit and run ESF. I know infantry farming is stupid, but can't we at least have something that we are best at in the air?
    • Up x 2
  3. illuminati

The problem with the banshee is the instagib, so it should rightly be nerfed I think and agree, but our weapons are terrible compared to other factions.
    • Up x 3
  4. Rovertoo

I think TR guns are very well balanced but aren't very... interesting. I think the biggest thing that makes TR feel less fantastic is because other factions have access to high RoF weapons. Just like how no faction gets a 200+ damage gun besides NC, no faction should have 800+ RoF gun besides TR. Changing that would do a lot to make TR feel a lot more 'DAKKA' while also giving them an edge on the benefits of those very high RoF weapons.
    • Up x 21
  5. illuminati

I think nerfing other faction weapons will cause a lot of upset. There are many options for them to improve the weapons or give a variation in them at least. I honestly am considering switching to another faction as my main.
    • Up x 3
  6. Kunavi

Totally agreed, good to see some big heads see what I see with TR, word for word.

I couldn't care less for the Banshee as long as it IS effective at AI- IE it doesn't lose its identity, becoming another weaker NS weapon clone like most TR weapons- Oh wait, that almost happened with the CAS-14E! Thankfully that sucks and for once the TR variant is superior... FOR NOW. -.-

I think a good place to start is;
    - Limiting max ROF of non TR weapons to 700-750. The reasoning is that if the fastest firing weapon of the fast fire weapons Faction can only reach 900, then that Faction's average ROF should easily be 800, meaning that for a felt difference among that Faction and its opposition, their weapons should be at about the value I mention. Stressing "FELT" difference. I definitely notice when I'm 100ish ROF lower or higher, perhaps 50 or 80 would also do but don't forget TR sacrifice a lot of Dmg going below average, to achieve 900. So yeah, I still say 100. To be fair though, the other Factions should impose limits to TR as well- No TR weapon should ever reach 200Dmg, no TR weapon should reload fast and so on.
    Apply the same logic to the other suggestions below.
    - Limiting ammo pool of non TR weapons to ???, I'd say about a mag or a mag and a half less than TR.
    - Limiting mag capacity of non TR weapons to ???, I'd say about 100 bullets being the most they can have(That'd be when equipping extended mags).
    - Limiting top cruise speed of non TR vehicles(And perhaps MAX?) to ???, 10KPH won't cut it though.
    - Limiting acceleration of non TR vehicles.

Then SOE could work towards differences extending beyond value tweaking;
    - We could explore the option of having belt fed weapons, not sure if the term is correct but I'm talking about changing some weapons to be fed directly from the ammo pool(To mirror the VS' heat system- No idea what the NC should have by the way).

... Yeah, that's just ONE idea; I won't bother adding any more ideas since those will be bashed already(High chance, people don't like TR getting stronger neither do they like to toy with ideas in their heads until they are refined If others won't do it for them). Besides we have yet to see what plans the Devs have for the Marauder, Vulcan and Fracture overhauls. Can I just say the MCG and the Striker need more <3 by the way? And that it's about time we all admit LockDown/Anchor do not make sense in an environment like PS2's, especially considering its pace and randomness?

Regarding the question of whether we should tone down the rest or tone up the TR, I think toning down the rest would be better. I agree with the Devs' statement that PS2 needs LESS lethality or actually, less blind RANDOM kills left and right. But I have to say, instead of doing ANY of the two I'd prefer Faction differentiation and adding unique mechanics. And that I find it OK if a certain Faction is actually better at AI, another better at AV, one has the best ESF ETC ETC... But only if that superiority is there for the skilled players, the invested players, and it is achieved not by exploiting raw higher values but actual design differences.
    • Up x 2
  7. Bape

TR is fine.
    • Up x 4
  8. Kunavi

I think statements like Bape's are beyond silly. And to add to my previous post moments earlier, I think TR is shafted right now. It's like playing Command and Conquest Generals ZH and picking Vanilla Factions to play against specialized Factions, then trying to beat them in their own game- Trying to fight the Air Force General by using only Air units and so on.

That's the best example I can give of how playing TR feels on average, ever since I started playing- Except when something was OP like the Striker, though you can't bash a Faction to the ground like that, just because they had an OP launcher and then leave them in that sorry state(Repeating incessantly "STRIKER WAS OP STRIKER WAS OP"). We all go through OP periods, we all were this or that Mode and we all have been UPd, the point is that for some reason TR never recovered from the NerfHammer in the slightest and here we are talking about the Banshee(Nerf it if it's OP, but don't deny we have nothing left).

The biggest problem I see? TR are simply NOT INTERESTING. Not even half as visually appealing to the general masses either.
    • Up x 5
  9. FieldMarshall

If instagib is the real problem, why doesent the airhammer get nerfed?
    • Up x 7
  10. OldMaster80

Am I the only TR who doesn't feel underpowered? @_@
    • Up x 4
  11. tahn1000

tr has been steadily shafted since june/july 2014.

as for the striker, those that cried and cried it was "OP" in the forums, took the time to admit globally that they knew it wasn't as they had a good laugh at TR expense.
    • Up x 5
  12. xArchAngelx

I said that exact quote a year ago in my thread about TR:

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...an-republic-underpowered.118558/#post-1607861
    • Up x 1
  13. illuminati

I'm sorry, but with someone with less than 2500 kills for TR and most of them with a sniper rifle or a max I cant take this seriously or you are just trolling. The players who made the comments have 10,000 kills + on all empires and understand the difference.
    • Up x 7
  14. xArchAngelx

we aren't allowed to use the "T" word here...but lets just say "The 100% highly falsified and inaccurate statement he made, proves what he is trying to do and doesn't qualify him to even be considered to be taken seriously". ;)
    • Up x 2
  15. RykerStruvian

>implying the opinion of pro players matters
    • Up x 9
  16. Pikachu

Man, these terrans complain a lot about their faction. "Hailstorm stucks, lockdown sucks, prowler is ugly, carv/tmg/rhino sucks, fracture sucks, mercies/mutilators sucks, striker sucks a**, vulkan sucks everyone uses halberd, marauder sucks."
    • Up x 1
  17. xArchAngelx

It is equally seen from the NC and the VS as well...
    • Up x 7
  18. david06

There have to be some relatively small changes that can be made to make TR more interesting. The MCG is already a subpar weapon that's used more for fun, they should give it a single large belt of ammunition to be more in line with it's theme.
  19. VaIhall

No
  20. _itg

It's the range of the instagib. The reaver has to take a huge risk to get into instagib range, or they can pelt you from farther away (slight risk) and kill in 3-4 shots, or they can stay at a safe distance and maybe get a kill or two firing into a crowd. With the Banshee, there's just a lot less risk for the same reward, and the stats show it.
    • Up x 2