so this was planetside 2

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Ceylon, Nov 24, 2014.

1. MotionBlured

I guess you missed the part where I said "in most cases, completely left alone"
  2. RykerStruvian

Only if they're NS
  3. MotionBlured

ES AR's, ES Carbines, ES LMG's, ES SMG's, ES pistols (except the spiker was buffed)
  4. KnightCole

When?
  5. MotionBlured

what do you mean "when"? Do you even know what you're talking about anymore?
  6. KnightCole

Yeah, I just thought you were talking about a recent buff to infantry weapons that I had missed. Besides the recent buff to CARV horizontal recoil and some of the past changes to the T9S, making it fair bit more controllable, idk what other buffs your talking about. Striker? I havent used that, and some say it was nerfed, others buffed....sooo..idk what to believe there.

I also saw the NC Magshot got damage increased to 200, Warden to 250-225, velocity buffed...sooo...yeah. Oh, DMR and the other 20 round AR got 24 rounds, so thats a buff. But EM6 I know has been nerfed several times, NC6 got its burst length before flying off the handle nerfed.
  7. Robes

Remind me, how is planetside doing with all its great features thats so much better in every way again?
    • Up x 1
  8. GoyoElGringo

Yeah because there is such a large number of free PS4 games on PSN.
  9. octosavage

this game is by far one of the biggest disappointments i have in gaming. I should have realized it when they released the game 2 years ago with a majority of the core features missing.

Its been 2 years and a few of the features have been partially put in. there is no continent conquest, no meaningful resources, no reason to play other than to get kills. You can argue that is any FPS game, but there are a lot games that do it far better than PS2. most are even free.

What was supposed to set PS2 apart was that individual battles would add up to mean something on a larger scale. Taking an outpost was more than a victory, it meant gaining ground against the enemy for the next attack to take their tower, Tech Plant, Warp Gate. Conquering continent sized maps with hundreds of players was what this game was supposed to be about

But 2 years later, PS2 is still the giant TDM sandbox it was when it came out. Sure, you can technically conquer a continent by locking it. But it doesn't mean much. It can be locked for a few hours, it can be locked for only a few minutes and the bonus you get is barely noticeable.

The game is missing so many features: continent lattice, a fully implemented resource system, "territory 2.0", better squad/platoon/company/outfit tools, fully implementing the mission system. not to mention the poor designs of the maps and bases. How many times have they redone the main 3 bases and tried different things? Its good that they're trying, but bad its 2 years after release.

I don't blame the devs too much. they're a team meant to support a finished game, not the half made and half broken mess it was when it came out. But someone on the team has their priorities all skewed.

a couple of months ago i was kinda hopeful this game would make a comeback. a lot of features seemed like they were being put in and would help the game (resource revamp, missions, squad/platoon improvements, companies). And once they got in battle islands they could get in the continent lattice. What I've read about on reddit forums about "territory 2.0" sounded great and would be a nice way to spread out the fighting before assaulting a large base.

BUT NOPE!! after putting in only the first part of many of the features they seemed to just completely forget about the next couple phases, which seemed to be where many of the big changes that could help the game were. now the game seems to have no direction and has even taken a few steps backward. with the resource system half implemented there is now no reason to hold territory where before there was some fraction of a reason to.

Until the game gets these features in, its not complete. and by the looks of things this game won't be done for years.
    • Up x 2
  10. KnightCole

Well, Octo, current priorities in this game is nerfing this, nerfing that, and pleasing the FOTM crew, which is an impossibility and needs to be scrapped entirely, with all effort spent on base design, core mission features, a proper logistic system, resource limits and giving this game the massive warfare feel its supposed to have.

Not just 2 zergs hammering against each other until one gets bored...
    • Up x 2
  11. Anomalous Entity

There is your problem right there... hurting PS2 to build some lame tired old zombie wannabe 'me too' dying fad game.
    • Up x 3
  12. Cest7

Money is money unfortunately. H1Z1 is the same engine as PS2 so any breakthroughs they make with H1Z1 will probably make it into PS2 (Prone... Weather.. etc)
  13. CWorth

Actually make that 10 million subs and that does not include the Asian market, as the expansion was not available there yet as of that data release by Blizzard. WoW gained nearly 3 million subs with the launch of the new expansion.

And being free to play is no excuse.

Both Rift and Star Trek Online both have had full expansions and large and small content patches come out in the two years this game has been around and they are both free to play games. The difference is Trion and Cryptic/Perfect World know how to run their games unlike what I see coming from SOE. PS2 was in its best form when first released..sure it had it issues, but it has only gone downhill and become a worse game overtime than it started out to be and is showing no signs of getting any better.
    • Up x 4
  14. Ceylon

soe will never learn, soe will never listen, failing seems to be their business. anyone remembers when planetside was abandoned by soe for a very "promising" fps agent game... smedley was thrilled and told about cool features like short messages on your mobile phone when something happened ingame... we all know what a big succes "the agency" was. "what we learned from planetside will help us..." yeah yeah. i just have to remember to not get my hopes up again when planetside3 happens...
    • Up x 1
  15. Tuco

SOE should focus on H1Z1, neither the players or devs have learned the lessons of WWIIONLINE and PS1.

The MMOFPS genre will probably advance with H1Z1.
  16. MotionBlured

Didn't say they were buffed, I said "in most cases weapons are left alone", as in, they don't get nerfed 2 months after release like everyone wants to claim they do.

The SPIKER is a VS charge up pistol, that was considered garbage by just about everyone, and was recently buffed into "not garbage" tier.
  17. Anomalous Entity

Pure conjecture. Just because a dozen devs in that game come up with a feature, doesn't mean the three still on PS2 will have time to port it over.