Average/Good KPM?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kunavi, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Mrrobinator

THIS: http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/player/bomboclot#wstats
    Is someone with VERY good stats.
    And he always has his guns out instead of holding his medkit to save his stats (I know the guy, he's in my outfit(which i lead) [SCEV])
  2. nukularZ

They need to fix engineer and medic accuracies (because the repair gun and heal guns count as "shots taken" what?)

My accuracy looks something like

HA : 27%
    Engy : 3.7%
    LA : 25%
    Medic : 12%
    Infil : 28%
    Max : 37%

My KPM kind of sucks too but I spend a lot of time just doing random things, as well as driving, deploying, and protecting sundies.
  3. Goretzu

To be fair in any game with PvE and PvP in it I've always found that to be the opposite way around.
  4. Fortress

I would consider any infantry player with .8+ KPM, 25%+ accuracy, and 2.5+ K/D to be good. Maybe not Dunktastically MLG good, but good nonetheless.
  5. Dualice

One important thing to note about kills per minute is the game includes time spent in VR with the weapon as time playing with it, even if you didn't own the weapon when you were testing it. My KPM figures with the TAR, SOAS-20 (only bought that just now) and a few others reflect this. So I guess what I'm saying is... don't pay too much attention to them.

Seeing guys of 1.5-2 KPM scores is quite impressive though; they must have good aim, accuracy and situational awareness to hit numbers like that.

As for KDR, that means even less. The best infantry player in the world will never have a score higher than someone who farms infantry with vehicles. As you can probably tell from my stats I avoid vehicles pretty much entirely these days.
  6. DrBash00

I consider it is good when you give a s*** about kpm and such stuff.

I have 1 engie in my outfit, sucking kdr. prob. also sucking kpm...
    But a beloved teamplayer! Supporter nr.1 much more worth as some of this kd farming "skiller".
    Also a very VERY skilled pilot, but he is not farming as a pilot...

In most of the cases kpm and this stuff tells you something about the player, but there are things like piloting a war-galaxy where you get only a few kills and player that dont care about statistics but about good fights or good game, or beeing effective.

So judging a player on stats is poor and leads player to "hunting for good stats" this runes good teamplay. (and favors spawncamping, and other cheap tactics)

So plz. dont care about statistics 2 much. KPM or KDR above some worths just tell you that the player is a kd loving farmer and not a fighter. (the guys who stay in the spawn room and never help to crash a biolab, because they could die...)
    • Up x 2
  7. Joonnnyy

depnding what you play be carefull with some stats from the soe database
    they count the non-"gun"-things to the shots fired, meddeling with the accuracy value
    eg: i have ~463k shots fired, of which ~113k are from meditool/engitool, that has inherant 0% hitrate, since you cant hit enemys
    result: soe shows a ~16% acc while the true value (dasanfall) is ~21%

and yes im >75% medic so it matters not so much what i kill, but what i "unkill", resulting in .25kpm at ~300spm (not including all the forced low spm from 2years ago, due to no ribbons/alerts/missions/whatever or any +exp event/boost)
  8. Dieter Perras

It's hard to quantify skill in a game as broad as this I honestly think people should just stop trying. The only way to see if you're "skilled is to actually observe how other skilled players play and compare it to how you play.
  9. P1GG

Not to mention when you spend time screwing around, or AFK, your SPM goes down(I'm assuming). Video games are serious business, not time for playing around.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kunavi

I am not "trying" anything, I AM actually doing what I want, stop telling me what not to take into account and commenting on whether or not talking about stats is lame, please. It's becoming tiring, I'm sure there are threads out there existing solely to condemn stat mongering, can't you comment there to express your opinions on things only slightly relevant to this discussion?! Wow... Just... Wow... Do you also prey on casual soccer forums telling amateurs not to mind whether they score or not? -.-''

In any case.

To clear up a few things, I was just wondering about my PLAYERS PAGE stats- To be more specific not the individual ones(Each weapon's accuracy ETC), rather the generic ones.

And yes I'm aware DA filters out things like Vehicle KD, I don't think I've been over there for a long while but I might take a look... Out of curiosity. Which will probably get me flamed anew.
    • Up x 2
  11. NoctD

I think its rather important and indicative of skill... when viewed as a metric in combination with other metrics. A player that can maintain a very high KPM and KDR at the same time - some call them cheaters, so they're either very very good/skilled, or downright cheating.

KPM by itself is not very impressive. KPM+KDR, you can't say there's no skill at all involved there. I can do high KDR and high SPM easily enough, but my KPM is downright piss poor really!

Accuracy I'm less bothered with - firing too many recon darts, fixing too many vehicles, or razzing too many dead bodies, and your accuracy is worthless.
    • Up x 1
  12. Dieter Perras

Or trying and failing multiple times to do something ridicules like knifing a max just because.
    • Up x 1
  13. Leftconsin

From my perspective I consider myself a pretty bad player.
    When I play for accuracy and KDR I got the Cougar on Light Assault to a
    KDR of 7.666; accuracy of 24%; HSR of 22%, 31.6 kills per hour

When I'm playing casually as a medic with no real care for those things I have the Cycler TRV at
    KDR of 1.246; accuracy of 18%; HSR of 22%; 29.3 kills per hour

Both of these are guns I've picked up recently so its accurate to where I am now. Both I consider to be really bad. I have a long long way to go before I can consider myself an average player.
  14. Liberty

Pretty much what Fortress said, If you want to be in the tier of "good" players (not great, not greatest, not average) ~45-60 KPH and 2.5 K/D with your heavy is a great place to start. Accuracy should be ~22-26% and a LPK of ~10-11 with 143 damage weapons (better stat than HSR).

Things can of course be padded, but there are ways of looking to see just how much you are padding. (Weapon K/D vs. Medkit deaths, KPH vs. Medkit equip time, high accuracy stats but average LPK, etc etc). Generally you want all three to be that that level, as by themselves without the other two they don't really mean anything.

For something like a Medic I'd say 35-50 KPH 1.5 - 2.5 K/D and again around 22-26% accuracy.

LA 40-55 KPH 2.0 K/D and 25-29% accuracy.

These would be goal posts for players focused on the FPS portion of this game. Generally when we look at recruits, there is a lot of buffer given depending on the size of the outfit they are coming from and how exactly the outfit is known for playing.
  15. DatVanuMan

Get out!
    *Sniff*
    You make me feel bad!:(
  16. Posse

Average KPM is probably around 0.5, if you're getting close to 1 then I'd call that "good" (definitely above average).

As for accuracy... in my opinion it doesn't matter. Your accuracy can be above 30 and you can still be terrible, or it can be in the low 20s and you can destroy everything. If it's below 20... well, yes, you probably need to work on your aim
  17. Unsp0kn

It all depends on class though. I usually can get more kills playing HA than Medic and Engi, but I bring in more points playing those two than I do HA. I've just been focusing on bringing up my SPM, helping my empire, having fun and not dying as often.
    • Up x 1
  18. miraculousmouse

my acc sucks (poor trigger control, trying to work on it) but my saving grace is that my positioning skills are decent from watching other much better players play (in game and stream), and aiming in the general direction of the enemy's head.
    • Up x 1
  19. Liberty

Accuracy can be really misleading because more does not equal better. NivX who is probably one of the better live server players has 25-29% accuracy and 22 - 32% HSR on his first VS character. Looking at his Betelgeuse stats, he had 24.9% accuracy and 31% HSR with an LPK of 9. I had 24.8% accuracy 18% HSR and an LPK of 9.3.

Which means despite the number differences, the real difference was one out of every three kills I'd get one less head shot than his over the course of doing damage to someone, despite him finishing more targets with head shots. (Granted he kills more dudes faster)
  20. UnseeyingEye

That's not how it works in reality at all. LPK is just as flawed as accuracy. Like with accuracy if you engage in long range firefights you're going to have a higher (worse) LPK; not only does it take more bullets to kill the enemy but also by extension it gives that player a better chance of avoiding getting killed. Other variables include: shooting MAX/vehicles, shooting people who you don't have any real chance of killing (they are too far away or are about to turn a corner) but do so just to injure them, low vs high health opponents (probably affected by running with other people who can lower your LPK by getting kill assists).

And like accuracy it doesn't show proper "aim". That is your speed/consistency of snapping and tracking, it just shows the discipline that it takes to only shoot when you are guarenteed a hit.
    • Up x 2