BFR's

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brad014, Nov 22, 2014.

1. eldarfalcongravtank

things? such as other vehicle types?

what are the current plans for the next ground vehicle(s) to be added to the game? maybe ANT vehicle, Colossus tank, empire-specific buggies, (maybe) self-propelled artillery, IFVs? please tell us
    • Up x 1
  2. SerasVic

Won't tell you. You just need to know it'll be better.

Like Valk is a better transport
  3. The_Blazing

Oh God please yes. I want to drive it along a runway while knocking over Galaxies and Liberators while screaming "SNAAAAAKE".
    • Up x 1
  4. desktop

More hats and camos for the ps4 launch.

I was playing through it on Friday, I only meant to get to the sniper battle with the end and beat him non lethally but i finished the game instead, despite the fact double xp was on. I beat the first battle with volgin by breathing second hand smoke at him, the cig gas spray is surprisingly effective it even trumped the boss's CQC.
  5. SerasVic

And NC gets a new shotgun right ? i think it'ld suit more the game.
  6. Mitheledh

Meh, we really don't need large bipedal robots in this game. As much as I enjoy mecha, they're impractical for actual combat. Unless you're putting their guns on top of their heads to shoot over hills, they're very high profile, very easy targets. And they should die very quickly as a result of that.
    • Up x 1
  7. ajma

Nobody said they had to be bipedal.
  8. Mitheledh

FateJH did back on page one.
  9. Canaris

that and even if you started now it wouldn't be till the 10 year anniversary till they got released :p
  10. KnightCole

PS1 BFRs in their most OP form would be UP here in PS2. Every can grab any kind of counter they could ever want to destroy a BFR. With the number of planes in the game, they would be fish food the second they are spotted, and given they are 2 stories high, its not like they can duck into a hangar for top cover.....they would be amazingly weak. Tanks would shoot them from everywhere, lock ons galore, HA shooting rockets, mines would eat them up, as mines are absurdly small, so there would be no seeing them from the cockpit.

THey would be cool, but UP overall....
  11. LodeTria

I'd only accept a mecha in the form of a support robot, so it has dual repair guns or 1 repair gun & 1 ammo gun. It would be about as tough as a harasser, and has lightning levels of movement. Weaponry wise the most it can equip is a kobalt or ESAI. It would be smaller as a result, about the size of 3/4 of a haraser if you point it upwards.

I'd then remove ammo/repair from sunderers.
  12. Killbot

Anyone remember when BFRs got introduced to Planetside 1 and killed the game? Of course not or you wouldn't be having this talk.

TL;DR:

NO!
  13. iller

Constantly adding pointless new shiny crap that doesn't serve a role (like the Valkyrie or Phaseshift/Railjack) to the game isn't going to make the core experience worth sticking around for. This game still has one of the highest turnover rates of any triple-A online FPS out there. They improved the Cert gain disparity quite a lot, but they've still got a ways to go on the gunplay, TTK, and especially the strategy/social Meta
  14. sustainedfire

What will fit the game better, that is the size/scope of a BFR?

There is nothing on the roadmap anymore, it shows only the current month, and it's often deleted soon after it shows up on the roadmap.

The only thing the PS2 community has to look to for information is a subject to change minor addition that shows up and disappears just as quickly each month.

PS2 players would genuinely like to know what content addition to be excited for next.
  15. KnightCole

LOL, of all the things in PS2, BFRs would be the last things to kill it......Not given the pace and design of PS2. The 101 counters to BFRs are readily available and abundant, plus, Splash radius and everything else that makes a vehicle deadly are nerfed and would be nerfed on the BFR.

I think we would likely get a BFR similar to the one in 2142. We'd get the PS1 BFRs in thier AI/AA Config with the driver getting some moderately accurate, close range AV weapons as a secondary option. Or we get the AI/AT variant with the AI guns for the Driver and the AT options for the top gunner...kinda MBT's swapped.
  16. Astealoth

I'd like to see BFRs as a 4th year release. Planetside 2 is basically still in open beta after 2 years of coming out of closed beta. We're still missing like 60% of the content we had in Planetside 1 at launch and BFRs were a pretty late addition to Planetside 1.
  17. asmodraxus

I'd like to see BFR's on the day they close the last planetside 2 server