What did you buy for double xp weekend?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Bazmatties, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Bazmatties

Made about an extra 2k certs so far over the weekend and spent most of them on my Reaver. Rocket pods, fire suppression and passive heal. What did you buy with your extra certs this weekend?

Thanks for double XP weekend SOE!
  2. _itg

I maxed out my adrenaline shield. Hadn't even unlocked rank 1 before double XP.
  3. Selrahc4040

Maxed out grenade bandolier on my LA, and finished up the Medical Applicator and AoE heal.

Thanks SOE!
  4. Scatterblak

Are you digging it?? I've thought about using AS, but no one has really sold me on it yet.
  5. actionpark

I had some extra certs saved up already so after double XP event I spent everything on my light assault =)

2 C4 (only had medkit)
    Nanoweave 4 (only had lvl 2)
    Max Jump Jets (only had lvl 2)

Feels great, basically finished a whole new class for me to play in a few days!
    (Max JJ turned out to be stupid fun)
  6. Bixli

..mainly flash nfi-2000 turbo r3 & r4 ..amazing at r4 ..left other cert's to spare for r5 ...i still imagine how damn amazing it would be at r5.

..with turbo r4+, stealth r4 , a chassis where fits your driving skills , a greasemonkey , a nanoweave/flak suit , regen implant & some c4/mines & some awareness ..there's really no need for wraith cloak anymore.
  7. Stargazer86

Maxed out AP turret reload for my Prowler, bought rank 4 AP reload for my Lightning, bought the Commissioner, and bought both Fractures for my MAX.

All in all, a very good weekend.
  8. _itg

I haven't had any really good opportunities to put it to use yet (Connery was all nasty, stagnant fights for NC when I was on tonight), but it does feel like an upgrade over NMG. It's not hard to get enough kills for it to feel like it's recharging at least as fast as NMG. I did have one moment where I stuck my face into a room and was able to get about 4 kills because of the extra shield regen, where I probably would have gotten 2 with NMG. I really want to try it with the Jackhammer in a good fight.
  9. siiix

was this again only for members ? because i did not see double XP this weekend
  10. _itg

It was for everyone, but there was a period where it was bugged and no one was getting double XP. I think they said they were extending it to make up for the lost time, but if so, that seems to be bugged, too.
    • Up x 1
  11. InoxGecko

Upgraded my AP lightning on my NC and TR and bought the LA1 Anchor for my NC. Like every other double XP weekend I was super busy the whole weekend and had little time to play :mad:
  12. task_master

Fully certed furies battlebus and prowler walker/berd. I did have blockade3, the guns, and halberd reload3 to start. Still extremely productive weekend.
  13. current1y

Made almost 15,000 certs. Put almost all of it into my dalton lib, Light assault, and vanguard.
  14. Selrahc4040

You'd need 1300 spm over all 48 hours to get 15000 certs. What were you DOING? o_O
  15. ajma

Maxed out stealth for my Scythe and bought the air to ground missile thingy.
  16. FieldMarshall

Maxed Harasser racer/fire suppression/auto-repair.
    Harasser marauder + thermal.
    Valkyrie max radar, rank2 evasive.
    Medic flak5
    LA nanoweave5
    prowler auto-rep max

Got 670 left that im saving for attachments for 2 weapons
  17. current1y

I counted Thursday and Friday too since that is when the double xp started. Over the last 4 days I averaged 1920 score per min. Thursday, Friday, Saturday I was doing 100% dalton lib with two outfit members and peaked around 2700 score per min for a few hours. Sunday I did a mix of gunning for another outfit members vanguard and Light assault play about 50/50.

What a membership, double xp weekend and a 24 hr boost for saturday can do I tell ya.....crazy stuff.
    • Up x 1
  18. Tommyp2006

Maxed out mag size on flash fury. mag size 1-3 on harasser vulcan, marauder, mag size 1+2 on valkyrie helion and wyvern, mag size 3 on both galaxy bulldogs, couple other vehicle mag size 3s that I can't remember, max prox radar for both Prowler and Lightning.

I'm almost out of thing to cert that cost less than 1000 certs.

Also finished lightning HE and NS15 auraxium this weekend :D
  19. Calisai

Mmm.... increased my cert reserve from 19000 to 27000..... didn't spend a single cert. o_O (I really don't "need" anything more)

Not sure why I bother, I just like having those numbers tick upwards I guess.

Heh... I only played 13.7 hours this 2XP weekend (had to make a airport run and couldn't play Sunday much) and still made 7371 certs. (2700 SPM on Saturday, my largest day). Member + Heroic + alert bonus + other members in squad + many many many vehicle kills = very large score/hour.

The key is the vehicle killing... much more lucrative than infantry killing if you get good at it.
  20. Alizona

Don't need anything, but since I keep hitting the 10K cert limit, I had to spend some. Finished off my Scythe, buying all the missile weapons. But I don't fight in my Scythe very much, I use it as a taxi to get me from Amp Station to Tech Plant so I can do my Engineer thing. I'm a lover, not a fighter. Got any Phalanx Turrets needing repairs?

I sure hope the missiles work, maybe I can stop thinking of the Scythe as being a death trap.