[Guide] How to interact with enemy ESFs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by day ofm one, Nov 23, 2014.

1. day ofm one

Please, seriously, if you see and ESF that is just trying to get away from you, stop god damn farming it away.

People will never learn to fly when they just become certs for you.

Or at least give it a chance instead of murdering it away within 5 seconds.
  2. BobSanders123

I try to run away with a fully certed mossy racer airframe 3 and maxed out afterburners. Nope. Reavers manage to keep up somehow and rip my thrusters a new one.
    • Up x 2
  3. AlCohonez

Lol! Nice one. If it wasn't for farming certs air 'gameplay' would lost the appeal for majority of its dedicated pilots.. and who would buy those camos and flashing ESF cosmetics? Definitely not the casual free players..
  4. P1GG

That's because a popular loadout for reavers is racer and ABs.
  5. Gammit

Don't worry, this happens to me in my Reaver too; being chased by Mosquitoes and Scythes.
    • Up x 1
  6. MetalCotton

Reavers have the highest top speed of the ESFs if I recall.
  7. Cest7

Someone could just as easily tell you not be a little girl, run away and then bail out right before dying.
  8. Joexer

Then how would I get Xp NOW? Maybe I should Guide them in for a landing, hold their hand getting out of the cockpit and help them repair it and console them through their blubbering. No thanks.
    • Up x 1
  9. day ofm one

Being farmed doesn't help me learning to fly, does it?

So I run away, hope to escape and get back for a second try.
  10. day ofm one

In actual fair fights against same level skilled piots.

But I see, I gues you like farming newbies, don't you?
  11. Joexer

Not just farming but the pop of air to air people is low. Use VR to learn not the airspace over my factions territory
  12. QuantumSerpent

If someone gets discouraged by dying a couple times, they should probably do something else. I expect my K/D in a Mosquito is probably like 0.1--I'm still doing it. So, I'm not going to give up that lovely easy kill you give me by flying away in a straight line.
  13. JudgeNu

You cant just let someone "go" they will not take it as mercy and will kill you at all costs.
    They will just think you are bad.
  14. DirArtillerySupport

Hey it's not our fault that SOE keeps making stuff for us to cert into!?
  15. RaTzo

You will never learn to fly by running away. Staying and fighting can be frustrating when most everyone is better than you.... BUT the only worse thing you can do than fight poorly is run away. If you run away you are completely defenceless. The ESF on your tail has absolutely no incentive not to shoot you down.

Flying successfully in PS2 takes a lot of skill and a lot of practice. You won't get either by avoiding fights. You really don't need to practice level flight.... if you do then go to the VR training area. If you are on Live then you are a valid target. It can be VERY frustrating, but if you want to fly that's what you have to work through.

It is hard, but you can do it!
  16. Govedo13

Ye let them run damaged so they can repair and rearm and 2v1 you or one clip you while you hover to attack ground or coyote/ lock on you.
    Great advice.
  17. McToast

Moin

Uhm, you're farming ground with rocketpods and banshee. I sure as hell won't let you run away.
    • Up x 1
  18. MetalCotton

The air community is mostly dead and all that's left are the tryhards and toxic elitists that swarm areas with rocketpods and ensure nothing else gets to fly around, with the exception of Skywhales because you can't remove those with a single strafe of your main gun. Occasionally you'll run into an outfit airzerg. Expect absolutely no mercy in the air if you're fresh at flying and just stick to the ground and run AA. Or run A2A if you're balls-y enough to try and fly.
    • Up x 1
  19. Robes

Why is it that some HA is better than me and kills me everytime without care? Thats not fair he should start ignoring me so i can keep trying to kill him until i finally do.

Dumb.
  20. Brahma2

Small problem with that. The way the airgame works now, you don't kill a guy and the next second 3 or 4 other ESFs are on my crew's Liberator, and then the guy we let run away comes back as well and most likely gets the kill because of karma I guess.

Can't afford to let anyone live. Might not attack people we actually know if they are near us and not actually shooting, but that's because I can... somewhat trust them not to shoot me in the back. Most of the time if you are in the air, shooting at something, or trying to run away, you are a valid target. You will get much better and learn more trying to fight back than running away, unless it's a gank squad (usually is). If it is a gank squad, you won't learn anything, you will run out of resources, and you should find a game to play that doesn't give people free damage with lockons.

And on the bright side you can always just bail when your ESF dies like everybody does, because **** the guy who beat you getting a kill.