Is the game broken right now?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Huxer, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Huxer

I just logged in to try out the 2x weekend but its incredibly laggy with players popping into existence constantly. terrible hit reg. I play all the time and have for years and it's never been like this. Is anyone else seeing unplayable lag right now?
  2. Dualice

I've noticed other players clipping in and out of the terrain just lately, as well as some glitchy/laggy behaviours (e.g. moving ten-odd metres in a fraction of a second). Not sure if it's a connectivity thing or what. What was your ping registering when it happened? Mine was stable.
    • Up x 1
  3. KnightCole

broken now? its been fair bit dysfunkshunal for a good long while.
    • Up x 2
  4. Alzir

I've found it fine recently, including today.....aside from some huge clusterf**ks towards the end of alerts, but even then nowhere near as bad as a month or two ago.
  5. zombielores

It's been fine for me on Connery, could be a player or server issue but it's been fine for me since June.
  6. Cest7

Just stay out of 96+ zones the servers can't handle it.
    • Up x 1
  7. FBVanu

about an hour ago I had a ping of 8379... yup.. that is eight thousand milliseconds.. :confused:

everything around me was in slow motion, while i was moving just fine on my screen.. surreal..

had to log out and restart client..
  8. tahn1000

i got the same question. on briggs. the game client loads up but can't enter the game.
  9. Rtwpygbzstpqacihfd

Try adjusting your graphic settings. Set render quality to 90 (instead of 100), turn off ambient occlusion, set flora to off and shadows to low, render to 1000. Turn on the FPS monitor and compare the difference. You'll barely notice any graphic difference and it will run faster than 60 fps.
    • Up x 1
  10. KnightCole

You cant......cont locking forces everyone into 1 or 2 conts......then lattice forces everyone down 1 or 2 roads.......This game isnt about large scale strategic or tactical fighting....its about doing like the WWII Russians did and Human wave until one side gets tired of ramming their heads against a brick wall and quits.....
  11. Govedo13

Revalidate your game assets from the launcher, same problem for me, seems last patch is glitchy and there were missed uninstalled files.
  12. Archlyte

Performance down to 19-24 FPS in big fights which I have never had on my machine.
  13. Leftconsin

I've crashed a few times today. The most recent one was so bad all my settings reset. Now I have to redo my sensitivities from memory.
    There were also a few fights where my hit detection was really clearly busted. I think if you get enough people in a hex it kinda skips some bullets.