How do we balance MAXes?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NLLN, Nov 23, 2014.

1. Xasapis

I'm too looking forward to the day when the NC MAXes get downgraded to the status of the VS and TR MAXes. I fully support the OP and I think NC MAXes should be stripped of their shotguns and be given those semi carbines instead.
    • Up x 2
  2. Rovertoo

Downgraded? I don't have the stats, but I'm pretty sure VS and TR pull way more MAXes than NC.
    • Up x 1
  3. Govedo13

There are more videos from same player, as I said he uses Mattocks and Falcons for Mid/Long-range MAX AI and it works just fine.

Again in the theoretical ranges of 30m up to 50m the Mercy and Blueshift would preform better HOWEVER at close 0-5 m range Mattock still OHK (it really does not matter if you do 300% HP dmg or 120% HP dmg to single infantryman) while both Mercy and Blueshift are plain bad compared to default VS/TR guns- both have less ammo and less DPS that leads to significantly higher TTK compared with Mattock.

And again for ranges up 50m the Falkon OHK infantry:

I directed you to VR because I expected that you are new clueless players that claim that NC MAX mid-long-range guns like Mattock and Falcon does not exist.
    So you can try them by yourself and notice the huge potential of this precise mid-range OHK guns.
    Anyway I see that you are not here to make some meaningful discussion but to argue without using any solid arguments defending your position at all so I eject myself out..
    • Up x 1
  4. Rovertoo

I agree that the mid range options for the NC MAX are good, but I think something needs to be said about ease of use. Using Falcons in an AI situation requires pinpoint aim, while something like Pounders requires considerably less. And of course that's using AV weapons in an AI capacity, so the discussion there is riding on that topic anyways. However dedicated AI weapons on the NC MAX (slugs) suffer from a very similar problem. While VS and TR MAX AI guns are relatively easy to use, slug-shotties require more accurate aim as well as very minimal movement while firing, since the moving CoF for slugs is effectively worse than moving CoF for the TR/VS AI guns. I think that needs to be considered before you wright off the NC MAX's "lack" of mid range options.
    • Up x 2
  5. Govedo13

True but pounders have significant drop and are useless at mid range and Comets are two shot while Falcons are OHK and can be used up to 50-80m.
    The need to Aim is compensated with the OHK nature of the Falcons and slug Mattocks, their TTK is instant compared with Bluseshifts and Mercies so even if it could be drawback for bad players it is plus point for players that can aim- at 20m the enemy can get into cover before you kill it with VS/TR guns while the NC guns would OHK it.
    Meanwhile currenty you have no aim-no skill point and click ravens to compensate- best vehicle killer from all MAX guns and quite decent at AI especially for inexpedienced players.

Short said NC MAX have huge advantages over the other MAXes, however skill is required in order to enjoy them.
    • Up x 1
  6. KiakoLalene

Rocket launchers. Direct hit. Boom.
  7. FieldMarshall

How about making it so that MAXes can only be pulled from terminals, not AMSs.
    • Up x 2
  8. Jbrain

govedo13 please feel free to make a video of you killing from 30 to 50 meters consistently. No VR ********.. regular play.

Im betting some of the above footage was taken before the huge shotgun nerf across the board. So like I said.. id like to see a video of you doing well at more than 15m..
  9. Villanuk

The stats prove otherwise, if you believe in using them, personally i dont. Most people in the game know whats good and is not, you dont need stats. The NC max close range is still a power house but as you said " they are simply better"

Like what, be specific?

http://ps2oraclestats.com/?stat=kills&weapon1=7513&weapon2=16000&weapon3=7520

As for the Raven, i hope they dont do much to it, its a great weapon in this game, just reduce distance nothing else.
  10. Goretzu

NC AI MAXs also spend vastly (VASTLY) more % of their time reloading than TR or VS AI MAXs. NC AI MAXs in fact often spend more time reloading than doing anything else.
  11. Goretzu

By the time Pounder drop comes into the equation if you can lead well enough to hit with Falcons at that range you can certainly easily accomadate Pounder drop (whilst the Pounder has RoF, having a small mag and much better splash damage on its side). Which is likely why the Pounder is so much better AI-wise.

Mattocks vs Blue Shift/Mercy is harder to compare, because the latter two are very versitile, where as Slug Mattocks are very strong within very specific ranges.
  12. Golconda

You have a SHIELD to PROTECT you while reloading, and you do the damage of TWO infantry shotguns every time you fire, thats something ANYONE has in the game, STOP COMPLAINING. VS and TR maxes do way less the damage of a carbine/lmg, god even less than a MCG since CoF is bigger.
  13. KesTro

Chiming in here.

NC MAX's despite popular belief are honestly the best MAX for long range AI weapons that are 'intended' to be AI.

Learn to love your slugs. Range isn't and never was the NC MAX's problem.

The problem with the NC MAX is sustained fire as peopel have brought up before.

But you know what? At this point in the game I just consider it a trade off. For all the power we have as an NC MAX on cap points and the like we need to have some disadvantage and our reloading would be that.

For open bases and long corridors? Slug Mattocks.

For MAX vs. MAX adn CQC? Grinders. 100% chance to win against an enemy max in a 1v1 scenario. (Happens more often than you think if you're like me and pull a MAX to counter a MAX.)

Also don't use the shield. Charge over everything on every faction. ALWAYS.

While reloading while protecting yourself might seem cool the charge will save your *** many times over and more reliably than Aegis shield.

There you have my 2 cents from an engineer that spends time repairing debatably one of the best NC MAX's (Or all MAX's even) in the game. Bites on Connery.

Get a word from NUKABAZOOKA in here as well, would be interesting to see what he says after 2 years of this.
  14. NLLN

Nice going. You pick the NC starting weapon to compare with weapons that you either have to buy or pick in the questionnaire.

Now do some real comparisons, compare the amount of kills and playtime(hours) between the mattocks that everyone here is talking about, the blueshift and the mutilator. You'll find that the numbers look vastly different, as NC gets less kills and have far less playtime. For obvious reasons really, it's the same if you compare regular shotguns to regular LMGs.
  15. FateJH

This is neither here nor there but pulling out the Aegis shield while reloading is dangerous. The threat of the no-reload bug is still significant and it will throw out a whole magazine's worth in damage, forcing another lengthy reload to clear it.
  16. Villanuk

So back to the point. I said it would help if you were specific of where you think the NC lacked compared to the TR and VS. Using a general comment " we are no good compared to" helps no one understand what direction you are coming from?

So AI, AA, AV and why you think the NC are under performing.
  17. Goretzu

I'm not complaining, I'm stating two facts. :confused:

If you'd used the Aegis Shield you'd know it doesn't work quite like that, however even if it did you cannot get away from the % of the time NC AI MAXs spend reloading, it is a major down side of NC AI MAXs.
  18. NLLN

I think it should be pretty obvious that I'm talking about AI. And I've already said why if you go through the thread.

Simply put, the VS and TR max is superior to the NC max 9 out of 10 times. Yes, the NC max may be good in some small battles indoors, as in 1vs1 or 5vs5, but this is planetside, and the VS&TR max is simply better in more situations, more bases, more battles.
  19. Golconda

I use aegis and the shielded reload works everytime, guess you dont do that correctly.
    The more time used to reload is something every shotgun shares, it is so because of the more dps this type of gun does, the jackhammer was actually nerfed like 6 months ago by increasing the reload time of about 0.5 seconds for the same reason, it dealt too much damage over time.
    IF shotguns are balanced in infantry Combat, then they are balanced in MAX Combat, BUT nc maxes do 2x infantry damage, while VS/TR do way less than 1X.
    If you think shotties are not balanced then apply your changes to infantry ones too or get used to the actual stuff.
  20. NLLN

You're still clueless. No, it wouldn't be balanced if the NC could only use the Jackhammer, and no LMGs, carbines, ARs or any other med-long range weapon. That applies to MAXes too, even more so, because MAX units are slow, and we don't have a jetpack to ambush our opponents.

What's so difficult to understand?