BFR's

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Brad014, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Taemien

Dude, how are we supposed to take you seriously when you bash them for years of horrible development. Yet you still throw money at them every month with an all access pass?

Either you're trolling, or you have battered wive's syndrome. Both conditions would mean that we can't take you seriously.
    • Up x 1
  2. DxAdder

PS1 BFR's as they were really have no place in PS2, trying to balance them failed in PS1 and the same thing would happen in PS2.

I would love to see a walker unit and these are in almost every game.
  3. ajma

Make them AI with AA capabilities, but no AoE/flak weapons.
  4. AdmiralArcher

the problem with BFRs is that they serve no purpose in the game yet. maybe in the future if there ever was a use for them.....but the onl place i could see BFRs being on is a battle island where they are needed to traverse the terrain or something. they would prbably never be on the main continents
  5. Meeka

..... Bah, make their torsos strong, but make their legs the weak point.

So, a brick of C4 could take one down if a LA could get close to one, or tanks could hit the legs, or whatever.
  6. Hoki

Other games have balanced the robot but our community is a bunch of fear mongering forumsiders.
    • Up x 4
  7. Archlyte

If they were like the walkers in BF2142 they would be fine. The BFRs from PS1 were stupid though. I literally caused mayhem in on for like four hours once.
  8. Degenatron

9. Frostiken

Planetside 2 is a far, far cry from PS1, so I don't see why objections to BFRs based on PS1's experience even matters.

PS1 wasn't stupid enough to let the driver of a tank also control the gun, so frankly I think that right there should be indicative that we're so far in 'full ******' territory that we're about to find Sloth with the rest of the Goonies.
  10. SerasVic

What about a "transformation" on the harasser? Like helions in starcraft

It'ld allow harasser to adapt better to some terrains (like hills/mountains) and maybe allow them to support infantry in close range clusters better (and without roadkilling 10 friendlies).
    It'ld not be better than a Max ,can't get revived and still needs 2 guys.

Could even give them factions Max abilities ? (Shield for NC, anchor for TR, and a charge for VS something like that)

easier to do, guns are already here / pretty balanced.

Just need to do one model and one transformation animation.
  11. Goretzu

Part of the problem is there were basically 2 types of BFR in PS1.

- the orginal incarnation which were mobile battle lines effectively (which I liked, personally, but a lot seemed to hate - it was rather like fighting at the feet of a WH40K Titan or something).

- the eventual incarnation which were problably not much more powerful relatively (except in issues like flight) than a PS2 MBT is and were fairly tame tbh.

I think you're right though, about them possibly being UP (certainly the latter version) because AV TTK is much lower, and Air is much stronger in PS2 and they were both big and tall targets.
  12. FateJH

Actually, the BFR driver did control the guns.
  13. Goretzu

I'd never even considered C4's power in PS2, it'd probably end up with LAs chasing BFRs all over the place Benny Hill style. :eek:

Last time I saw anything like that was a Harrasser chasing (and killing) a Lib.
  14. Stargazer86

BFR's?

No. Noooo. Nonono. No no no. No way. Negatory. Nyet. Nein. Nuh uh.

Ah, sorry about that. As a PS1 veteran, I have an allergic reaction to that acronym.
  15. SerasVic

Make it AI
    -> infantry 'll cry

Make it AA
    -> Air 'll cry

Make it AV
    -> Tankers 'll cry

Make it bad
    -> ?
    -> ????
    -> profit
    -> Valkyrie is not alone anymore !
    • Up x 4
  16. Rift23

With the amount of rocket/lock-on/AV spam in this game, a three-story tall target would be dead in any major battle in seconds. You'd only see them at small outpost fights "helping" like liberators when they were buffed to all hell.
  17. SerasVic

Who said they should be the size of a gundam (= 15m tall) ?

You could just do it 3 -4 m high, allowing them to hide behind trees/ rocks / ammo tower / pillars / walls and doing pickaboo like a Magrider does.

I'ld see it small with health points around harasser level instead of a glorified MBT.
  18. Champagon

BFR's do not belong in Planetside, they were a last ditch effort to help drum up some attention to the game. They were implemented too quickly and were not tested as they should have been. Which greatly aided in the downfall of PS1's playerbase.

Why keep trying to bring something back that was proven to not belong. The stove is HOT stop touching it. Ya know?
    • Up x 1
  19. RadarX

There are no current plans to develop or implement BFRs for PlanetSIde 2 right now. A few folks want them, we just have other things we think will fit the game better.
    • Up x 9
  20. SerasVic

exemple ??? plz

(yes i'm trying to leach informations, so what?)