[Suggestion] Add blood and gore.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sierra331, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Sierra331

I know it's a small thing in a long list of things that need to be fixed or changed. But I'm a grown man, I enjoy a little blood and gore with my FPS experience. We don't need anything fancy, just some client side decals. Hell make it so they can be disabled on the client so that anybody who doesn't want them wont have to see them!

But I refuse to think that the game that would make this amazing trailer, can't even live up to a fraction of its hype.

• Up x 5
  2. Flapatax

F2P game that needs to be marketable to people as young as 14. Won't happen.
    • Up x 11
  3. xCable

Flap I highly doubt that is the reason considering the world we now live in and the fact that this is a shooter with guns. The fact that it doesn't have blood doesn't make it any less violent.

On topic I feel that this game has a clean feel with no blood. Also you are more likely to see nantes spewing everywhere than actual blood.
    • Up x 1
  4. z1967

Really taxing on graphics and/or the server. Would be a lot of dev time used as well (and they could be working on other things, like AI or design).
    • Up x 1
  5. tf2hero

?
    • Up x 3
  6. FBVanu

No, no need. Those who want to see blood should play a different game.

enough lag and hitching as it is.. this would just add even more problems..
  7. Leftconsin

We are made of nanites, not blood.
    • Up x 1
  8. DividedTrust

I agree with you. Gore would steer younger audiences and parents away from this game. Along with many more bad reviews of the game due to blood and gore.
    • Up x 1
  9. Flapatax

ESRB doesn't care about social normalization.
    • Up x 3
  10. Regpuppy

You're mistaking this as something that's even on the list of things that "need" to be fixed. This is on the list of "Things that would be kind of neat, but in no way make or break the game for 95% of the playerbase."

:p
  11. ColonelChingles

It's not about whether you feel that it's more or less violent. It's a legal issue. In the US video game ratings are controlled by the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) which assigns commercial video games a rating (I think in Europe it's called PEGI or something).

If a game is rated by the ESRB as "Mature" or up, then usually you have to be 17 to play.

In terms of gore, a "Mature" game has "blood and gore" in it. If a game only has "minimal blood", then it can qualify for the lower rating of "Teen". Examples of games with a "Mature" rating are CoD and GTA.

Currently Planetside 2 is rated "Teen", so there are no strict controls over who can play the game. But if it were bumped up to "Mature" then they'd have to have some system so only people 17 and up could play or install the game.
  12. Jac70

No, not needed. If you want to see blood and gore go join the army and get ur *** over to Syria.
    • Up x 1
  13. Armedenglish

Blood and gore is not something I would like to see in Planetside 2. The game makes light of death! Nowhere I'm the universe is life as cheap as on Auruxis!

I think adding blood is not needed. PS2 is a very poor representation of war and trying to present it as such is not good.

Let's stick with pink car bra's, snowball guns and snipers from Victorias Secrets. It is a comedic shooter.
  14. CursoryRaptor

Why?

No, seriously. Why would you want this?

Is the satisfaction you get from besting somebody else through luck, skill, or a combination of the two not enough? What would adding blood and gore possibly add to the experience?

Look, I'm not a squeamish guy, nor am I always averse to even real world violence. Perhaps it is because of this that the addition of blood and gore for its own sake is sort of a turn off for me. If it's all the same to everyone else, I'd rather leave that kind of stuff out.
    • Up x 1
  15. Sierra331

If it's client side decals, then it would be cheap on the server and do nothing to hitching or ping. If it has a toggle so it can be turned off so that those who don't want it don't have to have it, hell make it so it's off by default and only those that truly want it can find it in the settings just like GPU Particles.

I seriously do not see the problem.
  16. Brahma2

How about they concentrate on things that might actually improve the game instead?
    • Up x 1
  17. DramaticExit

I don't really see why...

I can understand it far more in a singleplayer game, which is designed to be a visceral representation of conflict or whatever. In a game like that it has a purpose - It might be the designers put it there to make the player question the ethics of their character's actions. Might be there to remind them of the base mechanical aspect of being human...

However, in a multiplayer shooter which is based around the tactics, aim, positioning, strategy, etc within the game, it doesn't realy serve a purpose other than to make the average moron go "HURRRR, COOL, HIS HEAD FLEW RIGHT OFF LOL".
  18. BlueSkies

One drop of blood would change the game's rating in many countries, and would have to be censored in others. Not worth the trouble.
  19. RykerStruvian

I was wondering if there would ever be at least blood in the game. But oh well. I could really use it though. Would be badass.
  20. patrykK1028

And cutting legs and arms off like in CoD WaW !!!