ZOE MAX sucks.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by QQlazors, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Devrailis

I chuckled.

I felt bad too, just a little, but I chuckled.
    • Up x 1
  2. WorldOfForms

Vortex isn't THAT bad against infantry. He should have killed you easily. He must have missed over half his shots.
  3. Fortress

I am OK with this.
  4. Hoki

max was an unsupported noob, not a big deal

18 commi shots is a lot of fkn damage btw
  5. vanu123

The only use ZOE has is to lower your KD.
    Seriously, ZOE needs to be good at SOMETHING, it has no advantage over any other ability.
  6. Hoki

Perhaps it could just anchor you to the floor and give a dps boost.
    • Up x 1
  7. JudgeNu

I really don't know exactly, what, ZOE is, but I am glad it doesn't have the effect it use to.
    VS would spam ZOE MAX and act like they were pro's lol.....
    On top of that the PPA.
    They are now in withdrawal and the symptoms are real.
  8. The_Blazing

Just change the sodding thing. Make it "travel mode" that disables your weapons and can't be flicked on and off for tactical positioning, or make it hitscan mode that requires a charge up since the VS are the "charge up to hitscan" faction, I don't care, just change it. An ability that awkwardly changes your stats (how does the damage buff work again???) in questionable ways and gives you a huge debuff to cripple you into uselessness compensate is not going to attract players.
    • Up x 2
  9. Jalek

Should've just used your knife, it's how Vanu infiltrators attack blueberries with falcons even when there's an engineer and others right there. Can't say they're OP though, never lost to one in four or five of their attempts.
    • Up x 1
  10. axiom537

I feel your pain the NC shield sucks as well...
  11. MAXArmar

Vortexes suck vs infantry at close range if your opponents know how to properly ADADADADADAD. At mid- and long range however..

To the guys yelling "SHOULD HAVE PUNCHED HIM".. Not that hard to stay out of punch range with an infiltrator, especially not combined with re-cloaking and ZOE causing you to see nothing. Need charge to punch reliably.

Got caught with my pants down by 2 x LA who opened with a brick while I had my Vortexes out. Needless to say I dieded.
  12. Kubin

[IMG]
    • Up x 4
  13. RykerStruvian

What a load of ********. ZOE was so ******* OP it was actually gamebreaking. ADADAD warping ZOE MAXs in biofarms making it impossible to hit them.

You got what you deserved.
  14. Kubin

Well... I obviously don't agree with Jac70 in the matter of ZOE not being OP but calm down, my friend. No faction or class deserves to be useless just because it was overperforming. It's SOE who designed all the abilities and just hammering them to the ground because they used to be OP is a plain laziness with an unfair outcome.

In my opinion SOE should consider scratching ZOE completely and make it something that wouldn't even touch mobility (because that was a main issue with ZOE).

I just came up with an idea for ZOE but it's more like "maybe" than "omg that's it!" and probably a lot of people (especially VS I guess) will be against it but how about this:

When activated, ZOE switches MAX arms to melee mode. When ZOEing, MAX would be unable to shoot and clicking fire buttons would flail its arms around at great speed, wrecking absolute havoc at point-blank range. It's obviously coming alongside reduced armor like now.

Features:
    - ZOE cannot be switched off voluntary - the player have to wait until it wears off. Then cooldown applies.
    - It's disabling MAX ability to deal any damage out of 0.5m range (or whatever the range of MAX punch is).
    - It makes MAX significantly more vulnerable which will be double pain any enemy is outside MAX melee range and is shooting at it.
    - It allows MAX to kill really fast (750 dmg per arm, swinging quickly).
    - The current +50% movement speed bonus probably shouldn't apply. Throw it away.

Whole idea came to me when wielded OHK knives were announced.
    • Up x 1
  15. Alarox

ZOE increased the maximum damage value for your weapons.
  16. Villanuk

Well people can argue if ZOE was OP or not, but i think anyone who is unbiased will agree the zoe now is pointless and it should have been dealt with by now.
  17. Rovertoo

It would be cool if ZOE was changed to be more like a Zealous trooper, madly charging into battle. I think ZOE should give the MAX improved sprint speed and slightly improved walking speed (roughly infantry speed? No turn rate improvement though.). In addition, it should trade away the MAX's weapons for two sick looking Halo-esque energy blades that can swing as fast as the new wielded knives can, still dealing the 750 MAX melee damage. That way, because all MAX abilities come with a downside, the MAX has more mobility but lacks range. If the mobility of the thing becomes too powerful, retaining the extra damage effect of the ZOE would still work. I also think, in order to retain the 'crazed zealot' feel, the ability wouldn't be able to be deactivated until it's completely depleted.
  18. Jac70

Chuckle, oh you - you must go down a storm at parties.... ZOE sucked then and I don't GAF