[Emerald] Why does SSGO, DA and AC tk so much?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ajma, Nov 16, 2014.

1. MrMacGyverr

If you baddies get trigger happy when I'm coming around a corner, peace be with you. Place a mine at my feet in a friendly occupied building, sayonara! Drive your dumpster flash into a building we are trying to defend and spam your grenade launcher, get f***ed!

Every player should feel that there life is important. If you risk mine, I will put you down.

That being said, there is a major difference between common accidents and careless behavior. I have an extremely high tolerance for poor players that are trying. What I won't let slide is recklessly spamming bulls**t without any regard for players around them. Especially when the players around them are the reason those s**ties are still alive.
  2. Kentucky Windage

Your comments are not befitting a member of DasAnfall and I find them to be callus and wanting. They are misguided and it is unfortunate for other players who hold DasAnfall in such high regard to have read them. As I said before your comments are no better than the multitude of comments BCP made concerning other Outfits, their leaders, and players in general. Your in exclusive company. Enjoy your time in the spotlight. You've earned it.
  3. Flapatax

Got my eye twitching just thinking about this.

If you're surprised that a someone with a DA tag believes in a meritocratic system then I don't know what to tell you.

Except for the part where I didn't call everyone racial epithets and attack them as human beings.
    • Up x 2
  4. Klypto

This is complete and total nonsense.

When someone claims hacks, I have absolute zero confidence in their ability to judge that matter and remain highly skeptical of anything they claim from that point forward.

This comes from the experience of hilariously absurd amounts of hackusations on a daily basis directed at me (I not nearly as good as other people I know) or other players operating in my vicinity. Some of the accused I find depressingly underwhelming in terms of combat ability or even situational awareness!

Even if the accusation comes from people I know very well and think highly of their combat ability and understanding of the game, I still do not accept their statement.

Investigating the players that make the claims typically reveals a weird twist of the Dunning–Kruger effect where they are remarkably poor at the game or at least more so than they seem to believe and can't seem to grasp that someone can perform as better than they can in the way that they do.

I can see this especially on the people I kill that accuse me because recursion tells me their KDR and I observe their actions prior to killing them. (How is it even possible to have less than 1 KDR in this game? The fact that there are so many never escapes my amazement.)
    • Up x 1
  5. ATRA_Wampa-One

Just because BCP wanted to show off his grand robes and wizard hat doesn't make him a bad guy ok.
  6. illithic

In my previous posts I have used the two words "proof" and "evidence". When I say "proof" I mean indisputable fact... there is 100% certainty. When I say "evidence" I refer to things that add legitimacy to one's claims, it will "add %" on. Hopefully I explained that well enough.

I say there is no way to "prove" that you do not cheat. That is to say that no matter what you do there can never be a 0% chance that you cheat. There is always the possibility that you cheat no matter how small that possibility is.

A player can stream all he likes, it doesn't mean he can't cheat afterwards nor does it mean he isn't running a cheat while streaming. To think that hacks are blatant and obvious is just ignorant.

Playing at LAN in front of an audience (i.e. SOE Live) is the closest you can actually get that absolute certainty that that player was not cheating... but it's still not that simple. The first thing to realise is the security at the LAN event. Events like CPL and WCG have excellent security. Multiple admins standing behind the players constantly monitoring them and all necessary drivers already pre-loaded onto the computers so that the players won't need to plug in any external devices etc. But plenty of events don't have such stricts security. In fact very very few do and I doubt SOE Live was one of these exceedinly rare events.

I don't know if you follow the Counter-Strike scene but if you do you probably know three professional/semi-professional players were VAC-banned very recently (one just last night). Players from some of the world's top teams. People that were thought to be legit. These players have streamed, footage of their gameplays can be found all across youtube and they've each played at copius LANs. And yet they still cheated. When? Where? We don't know. Was it on LAN? Doubtful but possible even if only barely.

There have been plenty of cases like this as well as professional players having admitted to cheating in online competitions broadcasted to thousands of people and even on LAN occasionaly too.

The point of all this is that you can never know that someone doesn't cheat. No matter what their credentials, how often they stream or how competitive their attitude might be.

We can certainly agree on that. The better the player the better his understanding of what is and is not humanly possible. Any display of sufficient skill is entirely indistinguishable for cheats. The heights that a player can reach without cheats can be staggering at times.

A bad player sees a great twitch shot and thinks it is a hack. A good player sees the same twitch shot and just sees skill... because the shot is possible. A good player can tell the difference between an obvious aimbot and seemingly legitimate play where as the bad player sees an aimbot in both scenarios. But any good cheater is not going to have an obvious aimbot running; a properly sophisticated and finely tuned aimbot can go unnoticed for a long time even with POV footage.

This is why there are no accustations in Farmers' League. Because each of these players realises that insane flick shots are possible and can be done regularly by a competent player.
  7. Yuukikun

Except for the part where all these players perform just as well right after patch day (which means it's impossible to be using hacks).

Also, i don't follow the CS competitions. PS2 is the only fps i play/have played, but i'm sure professional players in CS win money, and a good amount of it at that. You don't win money in PS2 for being the CC world champions. The temptation to cheat is just that much lower when you would be spending money time and effort for a ''subtle hack'' for absolutely no benefits out of it. Also, i'm pretty sure CS doesn't have weekly patches like PS2.
  8. Visk

That hurts, man. :(
  9. Kentucky Windage

If your not in the Club you must be a scrub. I get it. So if I get my K/D around 2 does that mean I can actually speak to you guys and offer an opinion.
    • Up x 1
  10. current1y

I think you need a snickers.

11. PEETREE

ftfy
    • Up x 2
  12. Kentucky Windage

I'd rather be Fish. Is that OK with you?
    • Up x 1
  13. Flapatax

Depends on the topic. I don't know why it's unreasonable to value the opinions of people who have quantified experience in specific subjects over those that don't. The "everyone's opinion is equal" or "everyone should have a say" is how things like climate change and vaccinations actually become a debate, if you want to get real world about it.

Actually it's:
    Code:
    01010100 01101000 01100001 01110100 00100000 01101000 01110101 01110010 01110100 01110011 00101100 00100000 01101101 01100001 01101110 00101110 00100000 00111010 00101000 
    • Up x 3
  14. illithic

Both points you've raised a very good ones. Patches had completely slipped my mind. That said I do question how long it takes or how difficult it is for a coder to tweak his hack and make it workable again.

I also question exaclty how much difference a hack would make to a top tier player when playing pub/live. Said player would still be able to win almost all his encounters since most players are unable to hit the broadside of a barn and because, despite common misconception, cheaters aren't always bad without cheats, some can be brilliant players without them.

About your second paragraph: I'm sure it could be argued that professional players (that is players who make a living playing games) would be less likely to hack since being caught would ruin their reputation and career. Having played BF3 competitively I can tell you there were most competition didn't have money involved but competitive players were still being banned.

It comes back to the proof vs evidence I spoke about. These things don't prove that you don't cheat but they certainly go a long way to show that it is highly unlikely that one does.

I realise I'm probably coming off as some crazed loon on the hunt for witches to burn. I only mean to spread awareness like a glorious prophet. Heck I highly doubt Vonic, Atherum, yeHHH etc. cheat. I assume everyone is legit until proven otherwise but I still realise that they might not be. If you haven't been banned after two years of playing it's probably because you don't cheat. But you never know.
  15. I play by many names

Yeah man you tell those dirty leets. How dare they want to filter out unskilled and unqualified opinions. Hey man you want to talk about why nuclear power plants are OP IRL and need nerfed? I don't actually know anything about them but nuclear is scary and I know I am right and my input is just as valid as a some punk *** elitist nuclear physicist.
    • Up x 1
  16. Klypto

BUT THE RADIATION IS KILLING MY GARDEN!! IT'S THAT DAMN NUCLEAR POWER PLANT. I KNOW IT! IT'S HARMING THE ENVIRONMENT! JUST LOOK AT THEM THEY ARE WILTING!

I WANT THAT PLANT SHUT DOWN NOW
  17. I play by many names

YEAH LETS TAKE THESE POWER PLANTS TO POUND TOWN BEFORE SOME KNOW IT ALL PROVES WE ARE WRONG!!!
  18. PEETREE

:eek:
  19. Leo Cyrule

Most of the TKs I actually see usually comes from people standing on the Vehicle pads (game still punishes for that unfortunately). Or when people are stupid enough to jump in front of those who are firing without ever crouching down.

This is actually what causes most of the my Team Kills (12%) actually. I don't intentionally shoot at people. People just literally run in front of my gun from two feet away. So I don't exactly have the time to react when their head pops takes up my entire screen, to stop pulling the trigger of a gun that ***** bullets out at 570rpm. That's literally a kill time of a mere fraction of a second that close.

And... I have only been TKed maybe once or twice on purpose in the past three days?
    One, a guy shot me in the back of the head. When there was no fighting happening.
    Second, a Sniper shot me in the face for no real reason. The enemy was also behind him....
    Then the third was a Harasser who intentionally ran me over. (Whom I did purposely destroy promptly afterwards after seeing he was running over more friendlies.)
  20. Shanther

Don't worry we still love you, you dirty hacking robot.