Only 4 People Worldwide Have An Auraxium's Worth of Flash-Fury AV Kills?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by salembeats, Nov 21, 2014.

1. salembeats

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  2. -MJ12-

[IMG]
    • Up x 28
  3. FateJH

Four people is too many. It's obvious overperforming.
    • Up x 4
  4. Bixli

..the fury is just extremely effective on inf too , any fairly good flash driver knows that.
    • Up x 1
  5. salembeats

Lol.B
  6. salembeats

Not really...

It's pretty decent against huge, balled-up clusters (like people bunched together under a regeneration device), but it's pretty bad 1v1 (this coming from the person with the most fury kills worldwide).

The Renegade and Kobalt are a lot better for AI.

-Salem
    • Up x 2
  7. Rift23

Landgods.
    • Up x 2
  8. Bixli

..surely , renegade & kobalt are way better against single inf's , renegade is even very decent against such reg-device-clusters & sundi-bail-out's (hard way with fury against ha's if there's no headshot). what i meant before is ..the fury is obviously the best choice as an decent allrounder ..(renegade & kobalt are ok against harasser..flash ..esf's .but that's it) therefore a lot of people have the tendency to use the fury mostly beside to aurax' something & completing the directives.
    • Up x 1
  9. TheMercator

More than people actually having the Auraxium Medalwith MAX punch.
    • Up x 1
  10. salembeats

Yup, you pretty much nailed it.

-Salem
  11. Demigan

Kobalt better than fury?
    Untill I Auraxiumed the Fury I hadn't really touched the Kobalt. The Fury was so easy. You drive up to a single infantry, fire 3 shots and he's dead. At range you either use trigger discipline or just spray and pray, works just as well.
    Maybe my fighting style with the Kobalt is wrong, as it's still mostly based on my Fury experience, but I keep passing infantry where I think "I could have had two kills right there" while now I just dealt a ton of damage against 2 guys.
    I'm saving up for the Renegade, as I'm thinking that weapon will suit my current playstyle more. The Kobalt just seems too hard to use: When you use it at a distance the COF becomes a bit large, making return fire too easy. Standing still/moving slowly to get a good shot off is pretty much a death sentence. But when I go at speeds where they don't blow my face off after the initial attack I can't get enough hits in to kill them. So I would really love to hear how you use the Kobalt. For me the Fury seems much better: get close, kill one, maybe kill one or two more. If they are bunched up it's Fury extraveganza.
  12. salembeats

No, the Kobalt is a friggin LASER. No CoF to speak of, and a steady stream of bullets. It's almost as though it should be a VS-specific weapon. I use it almost exclusively at range - it's the only flash weapon I use with Scrapper rather than Racer.

-Salem
    • Up x 2
  13. Demigan

When I'm at range and point that thing straight at someone, I barely hit anything. On 10 bullets I might get 2 or 3 hits. I can see the bullets impact on the surrounding area. I'll try it out some more, but I still don't think it will really change my view unless I learn a new way to handle it.
  14. salembeats

In 3rd-person with a fine-tip, red dry-erase marker.
    I didn't even charge you for that advice!

;)

-Salem
    • Up x 1
  15. gary the sewer hobo

That'd how I got it, only using an in game overlay instead of a marker. How people can use the kobalt without one is beyond me. The CoF does exist, and is noticeable at longer ranges around 100 meters+. I generally used it as I would the fury, do long drive-bys on sundies, akin to a lolpod strafing run. Firing out a steady stream of rounds for the duration, get a few roadkills along the way and you're done. It also makes for a great finisher weapon on MAXes you've run over but haven't quite killed.
    The first few hundred kills with the kobalt are hell, especially coming straight from the fury or renegade, I assume it's heaven if you're coming from the basilisk. Once you get used to it though it can become very potent. I doubt I'll use it again now that I've auraxiumed it, but I'm not opposed to the idea like I was when I first started with it.
  16. salembeats

17. z1967

Only 147 people have auraxiumed the trac-5 burst. By going 10 kills over 1160 you can get 43rd on the leaderboard. You can get into the top 20 by getting 100 kills over auraxium. You can get into the top 5 by getting 2000 kills total.

For comparison the Trac 5 top 100 barrier to entry is 2973 kills. Its really kinda sad more than anything else :|
  18. salembeats

Yeah, I think you get an A+ or MLG ranking on Dasanfall's stats site for KPH with the Trac-5 by having something like 35ish KPH with it. :eek:

-Salem
  19. Archlyte

This is pretty much the Loser Award for PS2.
  20. Yuukikun

I'm the only player in the world to have aurax'd the Immortal still even after months of release.
    Fun part is the spiker got a buff when the immortal was already way worse than the pre-buff spiker.

[IMG]
    • Up x 1