I hate cloaked Flashes, and getting run down, etc.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Hackomatique, Nov 17, 2014.

1. 7 Drunk Midgets

The flash is squishy. One of my favorite activities is to headshot infiltrators off of their flashes with my commissioner. Bonus points if they're cloaked. Spray your LMG/carbine/assault rifle of choice at the shimmery thing and the man driving it will die. Simple.
    • Up x 1
  2. Archlyte

Flash Stealth should drop for 30 seconds with first collision.

The Flash is currently a gank weapon. It maximizes fun for one guy at the expense of 5-10 other players.
    • Up x 1
  3. Commander Beanbag

If anything the flash and the driver shouldn't have different levels of cloak. The driver is nearly invisible (on high settings) while the flash is like a puddle of water rolling around.
  4. Hackomatique

@7 Drunk Midgets - My experience of shooting LMG at a non-smoking Flash is that I very rarely can kill it before it runs me over, or it drives away behind something before I can do much damage.
  5. Hackomatique

OMG THAT VIDEO! Flash launched by Galaxy - exploding! I love it!

I am glad to hear that many Flash runs fail. I would not be as annoyed if I were around for more of those failures.

Again, my tastes are about making sense, and not about balance. Because armor and mobility are opposite design trade-offs, I don't think an ATV should survive much damage at all. So I would not think any weapons or cloaking devices would ever be designed for one. I don't think any tanks should be killed by Flashes, with the possible exception of an ATV loaded with several C4 making direct contact. I don't think any ATV should shrug off collisions with things - be they soldiers, MAXes, dead bodies, rocks, walls... I don't think ATV's should survive more that a few good bullet hits. I don't think Flashes should land and keep going as often as they do. When a Flash flies through the air and lands upside-down, I think the rider should be crushed and unable to press E and walk away unharmed.

I'm just expressing my tastes though.
  6. SpruceMoose

this thread has inspired me to forgo my flashes main weapon
    I will now be road killing as much as possible

I enjoy the taste of tears
  7. tahn1000

faction and server?

none of the virtual machinery actually represents game reality, any more than the 'level one' targets in the shooting range
  8. DoomFruit

Wait, you can run enemies over with a vehicle?
  9. Cz4rMike

Take the f@cking flash and TRY RUNNING people over with it. You'll fail miserably. It actually takes skill to run people over in flash, most times it doesn't even work when you ride over still-standing people. Hitting a moving target on an uneven terrain? Pff... You can hear flash coming just ok, you can SEE it coming if you look around.

Getting run over by other vehicles? Don't stand still in the open.

Stop blaming your inability to think on flash / vehicles.

Flash is fine, just l2p. Not an insult, your indeed need to start learning how to play. Being roadkilled is smallest problem.
    • Up x 1
  10. gary the sewer hobo

So VR training flashes take more damage from rocket launchers? This is a flat out lie. Not one certification option for the flash allows it to survive a direct hit from ANY rocket launcher but the striker. The flash has a -50% resistance to RLs. This means rocket launchers do 50% more damage to the flash then their normal damage. Lock ons deal 1000 damage. This means they deal 1500 damage to the flash. The flash only has 1500 health. the stock launcher deals 1135 damage, 50% of that is 567. 1135 + 567 is 1701 damage, more than a flash's health. The decimator does 1335 damage, 50% of that is 667 damage. 1335 + 667 = 2002. More than a flash's health. The flash has a -100% resistance to the lancer and the phoenix. Meaning it takes double damage. A fully charged lancer does 750 damage, 750 X 2 = 1500. The same as the flash's health. The phoenix does 750 damage. 750 X 2 = 1500, the same as the flash's health. Take note, none of those calculations include splash damage. Meaning those numbers are significantly less than they would be on live.

Composite only protects it from splash damage. If you get a direct hit with a phoenix, fully charged lancer, lock-on launcher, stock launcher or decimator you WILL kill it. There is nothing which allows the flash to survive any of them, save for smoke or cloaking with the lock-ons, which breaks the lock.
    Why not try it out in VR? pull a flash with composite, and fire your rockets at it. Assuming you hit, you will 1-shot the flash without fail.
    • Up x 1
  11. Bixli

..yeah , poor flash ...starting to be one of the top ten of QQ. i give it a month or so until the flash got nerfed.

..congrats & kudos btw for your lumi gary.
  12. Rift23

Dude, have you ever driven a Flash in combat, or anywhere but a perfectly flat road? It's more dangerous to you than anyone else.
    • Up x 4
  13. Bixli

..absolutely ..but there's no way to enlighten such peoples .. even if there exist still other threads , posts & replies around in this forum about their "flash-problem" . this would be the next whine-wave ..no chance against such tsunami.
    • Up x 1
  14. Axehilt

I heard last patch prevents vehicles from being run over by Flashes, and gives them weapons like Main Tank Cannons which can one-shot Flashes.

I haven't logged in to confirm though, so don't quote me on that.
    • Up x 3
  15. Tommyp2006

That's what I end up doing when I'm on late at night. Last week I went out in the middle of an NC/VS fight, and just kept making cloaked passes through the spawn area of this NC sundy for like 5 minutes. I made a couple of them so mad they pulled a pair of harassers and chased me down, it was hilarious.
  16. salembeats

Yo dawg, I heard you hate Flashes:

Most of those videos (all of them except the first one) are with the old "slippery" flash handling.

BTW, the reason that a near-miss doesn't stop a flash is that I've popularized the Composite Armor that everyone used to laugh at.

Cheers.

-Salem
    • Up x 1
  17. ScrapyardBob

A flash running over infantry should #1 take far more damage (20-30%) and #2 spin out of control for 3-5 seconds.

A flash running over a MAX unit should take 60-100% damage, the MAX should only take 30-50% damage, and the flash should bounce off and spin out of control for 3-5 seconds.

In other words, you should still be able to roadkill infantry, but with increased damage to the flash + loss of control for a few seconds, you won't be immune to retaliation like you are now. MAX units should be more impervious to being run over by a tiny flash unless they are already low-health.
  18. Cz4rMike

Please, you should be not allowed to post replies at all - you have no idea what you're speaking about...
    • Up x 1
  19. REZistance

I'll post the same thing here as I did when the last guy tried to get the Flash nerfed..

We like the Flash where it is. It is in a good place. It is balanced because it can literally be stopped by a single guy with a pistol. The driver of a wraith flash sports the lowest hit points of all classes and is very easily shot off of the bike.. believe me, it happens to me all the time. If the Flash was some kind of unstoppable behemoth then you might have some argument, but it's so easily dispatched, you guys just sound way over the top.

This is simply one of 'those' nerf attempts by a small group of guys for whom being killed by a wraith flash just 'doesn't feel right' it's 'cheesy' or whatever.. a small group who wants to change something we think is fun and works well and is balanced by being as weak as the weakest class in the game. Let it go you guys. Teach yourselves how to deal with Flashes, it doesn't take much.
    • Up x 3
  20. SpartanPsycho

The very best thing to nerf you can come up with is the FLASH?!!!!
    The flash is sacred. It is easy to counter and is anti-idiot. IT IS NOT OP