Planetside 2 camo coverage change Round 1

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Longasc, Nov 17, 2014.

1. Copasetic

In other words I pay money to have a competitive advantage over other players. Sorry, I have never and will never support that kind business model in a F2P game.

If camos were unlockable with certs I'd agree with you, but they aren't. They're cash only cosmetic items and they shouldn't have any use beyond individualizing your character.
  2. Noktaj

This guy did a better job with 2 minute paint.exe than than SOE :S

If this goes live I'll ask for refund too. And since I won't get my money back (when you ever get refunded?) I'll buy no other camos or armor for sure since what would be the point?

I do agree that VS camo coverage is too extensive in regards with other factions but what I'd like FOR A CHANGE is for TR and NC camo coverage to be brought UP to match VS coverage instead of VS being tuned down to the usual basic crap denominator.
  3. Noktaj

This.
    SOE, hire this guy,
  4. Noktaj

I've been fooled by a ninja camo guy maybe 8-10 times in 2000+ hours gameplay and just because I wasn't paying attention.
    Sorry to break it down hard to you but if you get fooled by camos, you are doing it wrong.
  5. FocusLight

"VS is UP, we need all the advantages we can get!"

Heard it all before. Still no pity because it's blatantly not true.
    • Up x 1
  6. Zotamedu

Based on those pictures, I think only the HA with composite needs a bit of a rework. The rest looks good.
  7. Copasetic

That's the only other good solution I've seen. I mean I doubt SOE will go for it, but at least it's better than "make everyone's camo equally confusing for people". So thumbs up for that.
    • Up x 2
  8. Tyrant103

They ruined Vehicles now Infantry?

What's next, having to hold SOEs hand while playing?
    • Up x 1
  9. z1967

There is also no FF in BF4. I really do not want to shoot every other giraffe I see on the off chance that one of them is going to try and kill me. IFF doritos also seem to have delays on rendering (occasionally, I can't pin down why it does that. Its a weird glitch I guess).
  10. Klypto

No FF on the servers you played maybe.

The IFF render delay is just a bug in the game that needs to be fixed.
  11. HadesR

12. Jakenheimer

[IMG]

Camo should offer concealment, not outright mimic other factions.
  13. TheShrapnelKing

It does in effect mean they aren't camoflauge anymore - but if they aren't purchasable with certs, then I'm fine with that, since it currently allows you to buy concealment.
  14. ColonelChingles

Those new ones look more balanced with current NC/TR options.

[IMG]
    (standard armor)

Just figure out how many pixels of red/blue are on equivalent TR/NC models, and make the number of purple pixels match that on the VS. It can't really be that hard to pull off.
  15. Klypto

Other factions should all look the same color so there is nothing to mimic with camo.
  16. z1967

My point is that comparing the two game's color schemes doesn't seem right to me. There are a lot more players per square kilometer in PS2 and we might need a bit more help with IFF than in BF3/4. Could colors be darker? maybe, but there needs to be better distinctions between teams so we don't end up getting shot for wearing giraffe camo (or any other NS camo for that matter).
  17. Klypto

If players need help, give everyone an IFF implant and explain how it works.

The implant puts tiny friendly triangles on the edges of their screen so they can know what is around them 360 within 25-50 meters. Spotted enemies show up as whatever color it needs to be.

If need to be checking what color someone is more than 25-50 meters away that's downright scary.
    • Up x 1
  18. Surt

The new one is the same ****. It's ugly like hell. :(

I can't believe this work is from a designer.
    • Up x 2
  19. Heyitsrobbie1984

I Don't mind it really. this game shouldn't be pay to win and I'm sure the revamp camo coverage means that everyone will be competing on a even playing field, whether or not you buy camo or not. Buying camo shouldnt help you blend in at all.

Camo in this game helps just to make you look cool, not to provide people with a edge against their opponents
  20. Imperial Sect

Stop playing on the little ***** servers than.