[Video] Infantry tutorial - Aim and skill part#6 - Improving

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Matti, Nov 12, 2014.

1. WTSherman

Well you see, sometime around 10,000 BC a caveman found out that if he took seeds from a plant and stuck them in the ground, more of the same plant would grow next year... :D
    • Up x 1
  2. xxxdevilsownxxx

In CS you kill much faster. Yes, more recoil but you don't need to maintain your
    aim on target for as long, no aim down sight and no bullet travel time (I think).

You also have your enemies closer in CS:GO and recoil control is harder and more deciding
    the futher away you have your target. In Matti's videos he shoots at such long range
    that bullet drop is a factor in many situations it seems.
  3. GSZenith

i guess he is still a crappy infantry player tho, painful to see that bad aim :S
  4. xxxdevilsownxxx

At first I was actually taking you seriously but I guess you are just another one
    of those guys :(
  5. GSZenith

Hey i was number 1 forum troll :( and what are you talking about 25% accu isn't the mark of a good player :p
  6. xxxdevilsownxxx

If you shoot at those ranges and sidestrafe at the same time, it's pretty darn good.
    But please let me see some of your gameplay to get a chance to compare ;)
    • Up x 1
  7. GSZenith

can't record with the low fps ps2 gives now lol
    l would get like 20fps <.> but yeah could easily hit those shots :p
    pics from my prime :( ah how the mighty has fallen. (awaiting your next post :D)
    sorry to ruin you fantasy but i was a few time better on the ground than your hero :p (only ever fought DA once :( )

[IMG]
    [IMG]
  8. Matti

Hahaha you again :)
    "I can't record" this is so funny. It's easy to pad accuracy stats by just taking the easy
    shots at close range and just avoid difficult engagements.

I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings in the past but I hope this video will help you improve your aim.

Good Luck!
  9. Matti

Don't worry about this guy, there are people like him everywhere.
    I have obviously said something he didn't like in the past, not sure
    what and he has been trashtalking me every now and than
    for a while.

Thanks for your feedback!
    • Up x 1
  10. McToast

Moin
    I'd like to have some clarification on this too.
    I run 800 DPI on my mouse and 0.1 mouse sensitivity (0.2 aimed and scoped). This allows me to do a 360° turn when moving my mouse all the way over my mousepad (36x44cm). Now I can imagine people runnning lower sense than that, in fact I've met a lot of people in my CS time who did, but 0.06 seems VERY low for a game like PS2. In CS this wasn't a problem, if you were good you just wouldn't get ambushed from behind, it just didn't happen. And even when it happended you were dead anyway, so it was worth it for the increase in frontal accuracy. But in PS2 the enemy can come from any direction and the high TTK often allows you to actually turn and shoot back, even when you get surprised.
    • Up x 1
  11. sjtw_w_stot

Indeed.
  12. Matti

You got it right the first time, my settings are just as you said.
    I have my mouse set to 800 DPI and my ingame settings is clearly
    shown in the video, 0.06 ingame infantry sensitivity.

I have always been a low sens. player and it requires a big mouspad
    for big movements. It wears down the mouse quite fast and it is really
    hard to adjust from one game to another but ones I've got it set up
    and working, it's the only way I enjoy playing any shooter game.
    • Up x 1
  13. xxxdevilsownxxx

So he's one of those guys :(

It's really to bad, I just found your channel (it's how I found out about this game as well)
    and you seem to put a lot of work into making so many videos.
    It's especially sad when you get haters from making such helpful tutorials and all.
    • Up x 1
  14. Matti

Thanks for the support :)

I'm glad I've been able to help and I hope you enjoy Planetside 2 :)
    • Up x 1
  15. xxxdevilsownxxx

Yes, your videos have been the most helpful of all, at least so far :p.
    And I enjoy playing the game more and more actually, it's especially
    fun when there is a fight on any of the bases that I have started recognizing.