The NC is in a good place right now

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Devrailis, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Hasteras

Ah. I see the source of the confusion, and why my experience in-game clearly shows that there's no meaningful accuracy difference across damage tiers.

I thought you were talking about some base accuracy modifier that doesn't exist. But what you're actually talking about is accuracy degradation per shot, or to put it more simply, accuracy degradation over time. This means the actual accuracy for a burst is also tied to rate of fire. So for example, the Anchor fires ten shots per second, and accuracy degrades .06 for each shot, so for a 1 second burst the accuracy would degrade a total of .6 radians. Compare this to the Orion. 750rpm/60 sec = 12.5 rounds per sec, 12.5*.5 = .625 radians accuracy degradation per second. So you can see the actual accuracy of the Anchor decreases slightly slower. The Gauss SAW maintains it's accuracy through a 1 second burst even better at 5.83 radians of degradation.

So while yes, you're technically correct that accuracy degradation is higher *per bullet* on higher damage tier guns, this is offset by lower rates of fire, and it's not important when comparing empires' arsenals.
  2. Predator01cz

Oh yes I do remember the really bad bad times and I do agree that NC is in much better place now.

All it took was to severely nerf VS and TR
  3. Devrailis

NC only needs one instrument.

It goes:

"SCREEEEEEEE! SCREEEEEEEE! SCREEEEEEEE! SCREEEEEEEE! SCREEEEEEEE! SCREEEEEEEE!"