[Video] Infantry tutorial - Aim and skill part#6 - Improving

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Matti, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Matti

Hi all!

• Up x 8
  2. WUNDER8AR

Nice video and some good advice especially at the end ;)
    • Up x 2
  3. Spoof

Yeah, that's the most important advice of all. Which reminds me, I need to find an outfit since most of my friends no longer play.
  4. Nitrobudyn

Just when i thought You're posting only "I can farm better than You m8" videos, here comes this one. And it is actually... useful :eek:
  5. \m/SLAYER\m/

Matti plays infantry :eek:
    • Up x 1
  6. xxxdevilsownxxx

Wow, that was a very helpful video.
    But I don't understand, do you play all the different factions or is it
    just something for the video?
  7. K2k4

Yay you're still making these! I learned most of my aiming ability by watching your aiming videos 1 and 2. I'm going to totally watch this when I can! Thanks dude.
  8. xxxdevilsownxxx

Farm, is this a Planetside 2 term?

Sorry I'm new to this game and this video was really helpful, it seems like you
    don't normally like Mattiace?
  9. Nitrobudyn

I think "farming" came from games like DOTA and League of Legends. It's definitely not PS2-exclusive term. In those games "farming" was killing minions in order to earn xp. In Planetside "farming" means killing a lot of enemies in short amount of time or without dying. There are tools in this game that are just better for farming: MAXes, tanks, aircraft - they are also called "force multipliers", meant to be used once in a while to break through choke points, but some players just like to use them, and they do it good, like Matti does. But there's a thing, i like to learn something while watching a gameplay video, and i won't learn anything watching a guy spamming pre-nerf PPA at infantry.
    When my Outfitmates posted a few Matti videos there were either like described above, whining on receiving hate-tells, or the third type - the ones i don't like Matti for. In the video he says, that MAXes are OP and nobody should use them. Yet 9/10 times when i saw him (after watching the video), he was in a vehicle or a MAX. In the video he says that parachute in ESF is dishonorable and if someone kills Your ESF they deserve a kill. Yet he flies ESFs as a Light Assault. When someone doesn't follow their own rules (not own advices - that is a different thing), I call it hypocrisy and i don't trust that person's opinion.
    To be honest, i didn't know that Matti makes tutorial videos - the "farming" ones scared me off from his chanell.
  10. Mastermind

You must be young because the term farming has been around WAY before games you mentioned... like try TEN YEARS before. No one is to say where it 'originated'
  11. xxxdevilsownxxx

Thanks for the answer!

I just found his channel and this game BTW and looking at his older videos they
    seem to all be about giving advises and leading squads. He has a lot of videos though
    so it will take some time to look through them all :p.

I really have had a hard time with MAXes though, maybe he has some good way of dealing
    with them. Is it a good idea to use a MAX before it is upgraded?
    • Up x 1
  12. TheKhopesh

I see by your DPI and sensitivity settings why my accuracy suffers at range with low magnification scopes.
    This will be a great help, thank you!
    I tried a similar setting adjustment some time back, but just didn't get it to work.

That brings me to my one concern:
    With your DPI and sensitivity settings, how do you avoid sluggish twitch reaction speeds when ambushed?

++++Edit++++
    These settings must be inaccurate. Even running at 2400 DPI, it takes a full swipe from one end of as standard mouse pad (9 inches) to the other to turn full circle with all infantry controls set to 0.060 like in the video.

At the exact shown sensitivity settings of 0.060 and 800 DPI, the mouse must travel almost exactly 14.5 inches (64 cm). This is impossible without being exceptionally choppy, and incredibly difficult if not impossible to do in a timely manner while in combat.
    +++++++++++

(And now that that's said and done...)
    VERY helpful video, thank you!

As an NC who is constantly (and consistently failing miserably :() asked by new players to explain how to control burst fire with our weapons, having your clear instruction along with a video demonstration will be an invaluable tool.

Often times I struggle to put what I think into clear and concise wording, which leads to the person I am trying to help suffering from it. Having the ability to just point to this video is wonderful.

I'll say it again, thank you for this. (It makes my life so much easier when trying to help friends who are new to PS2.)

I suggest you submit this to the PS2 team as a tips for players guide!
  13. Nitrobudyn

If it goes about starting equipment, VS MAX's weapons work best together. If You are TR, buy the other pounder. If You are NC and have good aim (or want to practise Your aim) go dual Falcons, otherwise grab shotgun for the other arm, and don't go to open areas (Biolab - OK; Techplant - so-so; anywhere between facilities - no-no). Whatever fraction You play, flak armor gives You most for the price.

You might also look up Wrel's channel - there are a lot of good Youtubers, but i found Wrel's videos most interesting so far.
    • Up x 1
  14. Matti

Thanks!

I'm glad for all the positive feedback this video has recieved!
  15. xxxdevilsownxxx

Thank you!

I play Vanu and I really don't know what weapons are good.
    When I go to VR they all seem really good though :)
  16. Matti

I would say hit it with one rocket as Heavy assault and then switch to your
    LMG and aim for the head. Also try to keep away from the MAX and try to stick
    with some people that can help you, you don't want to have to deal with is alone.

Good luck and welcome to Planetsied 2!
  17. K2k4

Practice. I always forget this.

One thing that i envy you I that you seem to be able to see enemies that are about 1 pixel on my screen and headshot them. Any advice on hitting target's heads when they are scarcely visible to begin with?
  18. GSZenith

just play cs:go where weapon has proper recoil and when you get back to ps2 you will be a god.

(edit page still has white screen after a year SoE please)
  19. nehylen

I can't say for Dota (it's 2003-2004 old), but it's way older than League of Legends. I played an old (pvp) mmorpg off and on from 2003 to 2013, and i remember the term appearing around 2004~2005 within this game's community (and it probably didn't originate from it).

We used it as much for pve as pvp, as long as it was a rinse and repeat procedure.
  20. Vinakis

I've been "farming" since I first walked my necromancer into Kurn's Tower. (EQ, early 2000) :D