There's Something Wrong With the Entire NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Nov 16, 2014.

1. Joonnnyy

the OP has given us a small statistic with a rather clear picture: NC -> less good
    the OP has not given us a second more complex statistic from the same source: a statistic about vehicle deaths in total
    so all vehicles of same type are mixed and VS flash couts same as NC flash as T flash
    BUT there are empire specific vehicle: MBT and ESF

stat shows that NC has lost ~37k vangeard while VS lost ~36k magrider seems fine, but TR lost ~45k prowler
    this is implying that TR uses (and looses) more tanks then others giving them more power on the groundwarfare (theroreticly)
    also important the esf stats: NC ~78k, VS ~95k, TR ~97k
    implys NC is more often fighting vs ground and air without own aircover, THIS would lead to much harder battles, slower territory gain and fatser loss, as air is a very strong force multiplyer in this game, much more than ground vehicles are
    (all numbers taken at point of post and rounded to nearest 1000)

how much of this is true i cannot say untill death-stats(vehicle and general) are faction split and maybe server split
    or maybe its just that NC has ~20% less people playing alerts therefore 20% less air/tanks used, and VS just likes magrider 20%less then TR likes prowlers, but this would explain the winstats too (VS win, TR rolls around in tanks and NC is somewhere else)
  2. Mad Hatter

I've always liked Wisdomcube too. I can appreciate someone who stirs things up. He's rather negative but can be counted on to berate NC who are in the wrong place.

BAX ignored the Hossin alert last night and I believe this evening as well. They're not off to a very inspiring start as far as I'm concerned. They also called me a jerk on their stream and sent me a few snide tells. I'm a bit sensitive but I'm trying to move past these injuries.
  3. Badname3073

I played all factions, and my impression is that the NC players tend to be more casual in general. It looks like players on TR and VS more often buy into their faction's mythology, and take the game objectives more seriously. Even the chat remarks are different, I found the NC lines somewhat more sarcastic and funny (in a 12-year old kind of way), while the TR and VS were more emotional.
  4. ColonelChingles

It's very sad when during a TAS op (and we do try to play the alerts) I ask my SL if we're working with any other outfits. A few seconds of silence as the questions go up and down the chain of command...

"Nope. We're alone. Command is quiet. There's no one else out there today."

Whereupon we're promptly squished by 2x our number. :(
  5. Wisdomcube2

I bought the new wow xpac (Ex #1 Resto Shaman in the world S4) and have been busy with a new job. I didn't log in today, and barely played yesterday....0 alert wins for the NC. Not surprised at all. The NC doesn't have worse skill wise players...they have dumber players. No one goes AI libs etc etc. Kind of random I'm even on here. Procrastinating work stuff late at night, I check these forums once every month or so. I'm mentioned :) how cute *giggle*.

PS: Unless you've played with me, you can't say i'm not nice. Since I go wellllll out of my way to help people as much as I can. In regards to command...I don't get on people for no reason. It's after they do something stupid. And I don't even yell at them, I just make them feel stupid. That PHX guy blackweb the other night was literally yelling at people, it was pretty lolzies.

PSS: The people on NC that hate me, are bad. And eventually come around once they've had enough of the NC's **** and realize that I was right #InCubeWeTrust. Also BAX doesn't do jack diddley if Aeflic isn't on. I think I saw someone mention future crew...who gives a....they're just going to tower/bio farm like TIW. I love G7303h, he's probably the best player on NC. But there's no way he can say they don't only do that.
    • Up x 1
  6. Paragon Exile

Wisdom, buddy, it's time to lay off the insults okay?

You're right, and you have good intentions, but being an *** isn't how you get people to listen.

EDIT; is "***" really censored? lol
  7. Wisdomcube2

I came back to ps2 EXACTLY one year ago...since I quit wow last year at exactly this time. I tried the nice routine for a few months and gave up. Until you have dealt with those people for as long as I have...don't tell me to be nice. #ITriedBro

PS: I know right? It's a body part ffs
  8. Paragon Exile

I frequently get people listening to my requests in /region when I ask politely :3
  9. Goretzu

I'm not sure you can use alerts as a balance tool............ but that is quite big difference (something to keep an eye on if it doesn't normalise).

I don't believe the "NC is just somehow rubbish" arguement some are mooting though, that's simply never been true in any game and never will be IMO.

Occasionally there are PvP issues with factions, but that's down to balance or population (and not always the biggest population, because a smaller population can get a lot more practice in some sorts of PvP, especially instanced/battleground match PvP).
  10. Goretzu

:D :D :D
  11. Tito

Mesage to miller NC stop swaping the VS or TR factions for alerts
  12. LibertyRevolution

I honestly believe that is the problem with NC.
    People that play NC don't want to fallow orders, they want to do what they want to do.

If you want organized play, why would you join the faction that wants freedom?? Freedom means not having to fallow orders..

TR would be the organized faction, but their guns have to much horizontal recoil.
    Players that want to play hardcore are not going to choose the faction who has inaccurate weapons as their faction trait.

This leaves VS as the only viable choice for the hardcore players.
  13. Xasapis

How do you explain the preference the majority of servers seem to be showing towards NC for server smashes, which comes in contrast to the effectiveness of the empire on live servers?
  14. Goretzu

Well it's not so much that with Miller it is more than TR and VS always prefer to attack NC on Miller (given a choice).

Which means almost irrespective of populations the map always ends up like this at some point on Miller.

################
    ################
    ################
    ################
    ################
    ################
    ################

It looks like that right now on Hossin with:

TR 43% pop = 47% territory
    VS 27% pop = 38% territory
    NC 29% pop = 12% territory

With basically the TR and VS going hell for leather vs the NC and pretty much ignoring each other.

There's not a lot of organisational difference really, and hasn't been since a few high profile players were banned and their Outfits got a lot less "organaised" afterwards.

If the NC have even pop and TR and VS decide to fight each other, Miller NC usually does fine.
    • Up x 1
  15. Draegnar

In defence of cube the things he talks about in command chat are usually the right way to winning an alert, and the insults are usually completely true, I don't actually think that being polite would encourage the regular NC's to play any better, realistically the path to victory is pretty simple, If they wanted to be effective they probably would be.
  16. z1967

I think the view "NC is stoopid huehuehue" comes from that they are currently overpopped by a few percentage points globally. Naturally, a larger population is going to have more bad players simply because they are more overpopped. However, the percentage of bad players remains roughly the same across factions.
  17. RykerStruvian

I don't like to admit it but I switch sides from NC to TR on Emerald. But the only time I do it is if I log in and try to solo. I do very well in either squads or by myself, but the fact is just there always seems to be a lot less NC squads running than there are on the VS/TR even though I prefer to play NC.

The truth is, I go where the squadplay is better. I don't care about certs, XP, etc. All of that is trivial because no matter what I do I will get it one way or another. But the actual gameplay itself needs to be fun for me in order to play...and mindlessly zerging or ghostcapping is not fun at all. If I'm in a squad on NC that starts ghostcapping stuff, I just quit playing and switch sides to get back into a fight.

Sad, but true.
  18. Aeflic

I
    We actually don't play 24/7. It would be worse for us to start an alert then hop off half way through.
  19. Akeita

What's wrong with NC ? Their players, I've the easiest time farming and killing NC.

Their mentality is also minding their own business, except some medic who only give a damn because their is a lot of certs for reviving, not healing. I always enjoy using stalker cloak with Commissioner and actually be sneaking rather than going Rambo with the SMGs ( If only backstab... ), if TR and VS ever realize that there is a bloody Infil who is messing up their vehicle terminal ( camping their terminal for cheesy kills on new players ) and their armor from coming, they will send at least a squad with darklight to search for me under a bunch of censor dart.

On the other hand, the NC for example, if you made a heavy have to choose between a bunch of explosive spam mess and that one Infiltrator who he saw just killed a medic trying to rez a MAX just 40m away from him ? "Who cares man, I remember that one time just sitting on an ammo box and spamming rocket into a corner got me like 5 kills, totally better than wasting time searching for that one guy." I don't think how people not cooperate matter much, obviously co - op will increase the chance of winning an alert but controlling the zerg is not hard, they're all scared of dying, as long as you get yourself in the mess or the area that to the zerg are impenetrable first without being killed in 6 second, they will rush in because they know that they're safe.
  20. ThreePi

People who honestly believe that NC underperform because they're all on average worse players or not as smart are out of their mind. You can't possibly make that argument that a whole 1/3 of a game's entire playerbase less skillful. You have no evidence and no means to prove it. Trying to tie player skill to the fictional ideologies of the factions is just a ludicrously dumb idea.

Instead, look at Alerts themselves. Alerts means all factions are likely hitting the pop cap. It means zergs. Being effective in a zerg and being able to crush a zerg will make or break an alert. NC does not have the tools to do that.

Having a great 1v1 tank means nothing in a zerg. The Vanguard is terrible and dealing with infantry, if you can't deal with infantry you can't deal with a zerg. The Vanguard is far less effective at camping spawns compared to the Magrider (who can get better positioning on hills) and the Prowler (who can lockdown and spam).

Likewise, ScatterMAXes are massively overrated. They're great if you just want to deal with idiots running around by themselves but they're far less effective in a zerg. When you have 20 people watching a door in a Biolab anything that comes through the door gets instagibbed. Three ScatterMAXes don't kill an infantry any faster than one would, conversely, three VS or TR MAXes will kill an infantry 3x as fast as one will. VS and TR MAXes scale better in a fight. In a zerg it doesn't matter how fast you can kill one dude, its how fast you can kill 10, 15, 20, 50 dudes.

Same goes with ESF AI, the Light PPA and Banshee handle zergs much better than the Air Hammer which is suicide in a zerg but great in harassing a 24v24 fight. As is the Lasher/MCG vs the Jackhammer.

As I've said before, the NC are a 1v1 faction in a 100v100 game.
    • Up x 2