Was Hossin supposed to be an Air Farmers paradise?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Archlyte, Nov 14, 2014.

1. gibstorm

You mean fly out of LoS then come back to kill some more.

That is the problem. Air has more then enough to time to engage, kill, Retreat, repeat.
    • Up x 1
  2. Astriania

Hossin's canopy separates the ground and lower airspace from the upper airspace. That means that pilots who want to go A2G have to mix it with the trees, and they have to come below the canopy. That means that they're moving slower than usual (because they have to be careful of all the hazards) and they're closer to you (you can't lolpod from 250m altitude on Hossin), so they're far easier to hit with rockets.

In addition to that, many of the bases have cap points where you don't even need to go outside if you've totally lost the air (e.g. all the construction sites and similar bases, Gourney, Kessel's, whatever ComGlobal is called now), and most of the others have short runs from a defensible position to the points.
  3. Bixli

..you could be lucky & happy 'bout hossin dude !

..so much paperplanes to shoot down ..a real paradise.
  4. [HH]Mered4

Air doesn't have time to stick around. The planes are not tanks - they die to a single LMG clip. That's the punishment they get for being so maneuverable. If you can't find a way to kill them, I'm sorry. Air is and always will be superior to ground forces because they can move in three dimensions faster, farther, and harder.

In addition, any CoD or BF2 or Quake player can pick up on the infantry game and the tanker game. The air game is game of pure skill, hard fought and sorely won. Again, they aren't OP - they are just really good at flying an airplane in PS2. Accept it, experiment with ways to counter it, and accept that you as a medic or engineer or infil are just not built to kill them.
  5. task_master

and yet skygods always complain about how little skill tomcats/coyotes take

how long does it take that LMG to empty its clip? how long does it take the banshee to kill someone?

are you sure about that? i see people with <20% accuracy who don't even take down my shield in 2v1s. some tanks hit me once or not at all when i'm shooting front...

what about me, as an engineer with an engineer friend or two, inside a dedicated AA vehicle (doesn't matter which one, they all get ****** on hossin)? am i just not built to kill air because the dude knows how to use easy weapons like hornets/[lib gun]?
    • Up x 2
  6. [HH]Mered4

That's because they don't take as much skill as a nosegun does to net you a kill. That's a mechanic built into the game so ESF play has some variety and depth.

Depends on which direction that pilot is pointing. You're not meant to win a 1v1 in a vehicle vs an infantryman in any circumstance (exempting those with a skill gap approaching the width of the Bering Strait).

I never said immediately. It just takes far less time to pick up the infantry or tank part of PS2 than the air side. You'll see bad players all the time in any situation - just like you'll see poor folks in any economic scenario. That's just the way it works. It doesn't indicate the majority of players suck.
    You're in a vehicle. You are no longer classified as a solo infantryman. AA vehicles have different roles. Skyguards are meant as a deterrent currently (not saying if that's a good thing or not, it just is), and Bursters should be a deterrent, and remain so. I'd be interested in some sort of lock on AA vehicle attachment for the Lightning, but that's besides the point.

Regardless the trees on Hossin are as annoying for you guys as they are for the pilots. I'm not sure ya'll realize how easy it is to go to ground in Hossin - I mean, just run around a tree for crying out loud. It will at least slow them down.
    • Up x 1
  7. Stopper

Personnaly, I think that the trees are dangerous for ESF (you touch one = you explodes immediately) and that there is far too much AA in this game. Remember, flying an ESF is the hardest thing in this game.
    • Up x 1
  8. Tiili

Hossin canopy should be really dense, double or triple what we have now, and leave galaxy size gaps(Not bigger, GALAXY SIZE!) around, like 3 / base, more trees between bases too!

Tadah!
    And just like that, we now have bases covered from birds who are afraid of the cage, and inside this cage AA works really well ^^
    The only escapes would be those small gaps and lower altitude so you can pass between the tree trunks, both leaving you quite vulnerable to flak.

would also love the panic screams when closing in on the gap and AA makes the ferry pilot blind.. :)
  9. Goretzu

Yeah I've tended to find that my Burster success on Hossin comes because pilots tend to get extremely cocky there (mostly likely because they are being very successful) and if you wait and time it right getting kills is very possible.

On the other hand if pilots are being as coy/sensible as they might be on say Esamir, it is near impossible to get a kill AA-wise.

In general I guess this is why Hossin as a lot of AA turrets right near spawns, which to be honest pretty much all the base really need.
  10. Foxirus

Don't bother trying to use a lock on, 8 times out of 10 you are going to lose the lock because a tree broke your LoS. The other 2 times are because the rocket collided with a nearby mountain.
  11. Cinnamon

Cover large enough to hide vehicles works in favour of vehicles who would of thought.
  12. Shatteredstar

Vanguard too stronk AA need nerf plz
  13. Goretzu

To be fair, getting out of a spawn camped by 12 Banshee ESFs is the hardest thing in this game. :D
  14. Inex

Can I play with your pilots? All the Libs on my server fly away to repair after the second hit.
  15. z1967

I guess this would be a good supporting argument for rebalancing AA to be less effective at range but a figurative wall of hate at closer ranges.
    • Up x 1
  16. Borsty

ESFs farming on Hossin is pretty bad. But then, the whole continent seems to be designed to be a farmers paradise. Just anchored a couple Prowlers on the hill behind the spawn room of one of the "construction sites". I think I killed 52 and lost 3. What an easy farm.
  17. Icedude94

Actually when it comes to dealing with vehicles that require more than one rocket, it takes good leadership and people who listen.

Example:

18. TheKhopesh

Elevate the terrain so that the max flight ceiling is below the canopy.
    Now everything looks exactly the same, but aircraft have to fly around dodging trees and sitting at most 200-300m from ground level where they can be easily locked or decimator'd as they try to slowly crawl around to avoid hitting dense trees or terrain mountains.
    :D
    • Up x 1
  19. Goretzu

Firing small arms at ESFs is the most effective AA that no one uses.......... but having said that you've got to hang around for a long time to die to someone using a LMG, even an NC6 SAW.
  20. Bortasz

the same that Amerish suppose be the Air game paradise but almost all basses have AA turrets.
    Or Esamir suppose to be a tank paradise continent with all that walls.