There's Something Wrong With the Entire NC

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheShrapnelKing, Nov 16, 2014.

1. M2_Bradley

No.Talking about Emerald.
  2. LT_Latency

You never heard NC scream "freedom" before?? You have never heard TR say "We have come for your freedom NC"

I guess you don't play on emerald.

You are looking well past what the average casual player looks at when picking a side
  3. Ceiu

What game is that? I want to play that game.
    • Up x 3
  4. Paragon Exile

Oh yes, I'm often the one spamming /yell with those. It's glorious

lol

And that's unfortunate.
  5. LT_Latency

We are getting closer. So what side do you think is going to be picked by casual players who want to be the cool looking military good guys
  6. Paragon Exile

...NC.

:(
  7. Sebastien

Maybe NC players don't want to login to job 2.0 where they have to actually think and lead people.
  8. SpartanPsycho

The NC has a bunch of CoD kiddies who are absolutely against teamwork. I farm these players regularly, and after the furious hate-tell, I cheerfully send a nice message for the Christmas season. "**** you lol"
    • Up x 2
  9. Taemien

There is way too many red herrings in this thread.

The fact of the matter is, everyone has the same type of players. To say one group of players gravitates towards one side is not only wrong, but bigoted, prejudiced, and stereotyping. And to be honest with you all, I seriously doubt 90%+ players are into Role Play on a FPS. There's less than 30% that are into it on the MMORPGs out there.

If you play NC, and then TR or VS, you will see the same unorganized crap. People sitting in spawn rooms, people camping spawns. People following the zerg. It happens to all factions, and all servers.

The problem at hand is obviously there. The issue is finding out what exactly it is. That will take a statistical analysis of the big picture. Looking at metrics to see if there is correlations. Personally I think it is a complex issue. If you look at vehicle stats and weapon stats. And if those are not as off as the alert victory, it could be something tangible such as base design.

For example, if the Assault Rifles, LMGs, and Carbines all perform well in the metrics, it would seem they are balanced right? Well they are balanced when used in their element. If NC's element is not in base capture, they will naturally shift away from such a handicap. This means less base captures which is Directly related to less Alert wins.

That is a MAJOR balance issue. And the reason why is the Alert system is a major part of the meta game. Its a portion of the game where organized outfits can form a strategic group and try to win the scenario. If they are denied from doing this, this is a major part of the game lost to 1/3 of the players.

Arguably this could be more of a problem than Libs being 'OP' a few months back. Difference there is while the Libs affected a larger percentage, it was mitigated by the fact that the Lib is available to everyone. If my idea turns out to be true. Then we have 1/3rd of the player base unable to effectively capture bases due to the loadout.

Of course I'm not talking about the top 5% who -can- use these weapons. That top 5% can't take a whole continent on their own. And this is just a theory. What I would recommend for everyone in the NC to do is take note on when and where you are using your weapons effectively and when you are getting absolutely trounced.

My hypothesis is this:

Our weapons are seemingly competitive because we stay at ranges and situations where they are effective and avoiding areas and situations where they are less effective (and I do believe TR and VS do the same). And the reason we lose alerts is because the situations and areas that are largely avoided are areas and situations that lead to base captures and alert wins.

Of course when I say -we- I mean we as in the Faction as a whole. Not myself specifically or a smaller group of players. This sin't a conscious thing and something we 'tend to do' as a sort of habit.
    • Up x 1
  10. Kriegson

Until you hear starscream around the corner "I NEED BATTERIEESSSSSS NYEAAHAHAHHAHAHAAAA"
  11. Paragon Exile

BACK TO THE SPAWN TUBE, INSECT
  12. LT_Latency

No it's True. Lots of PvP games have had the same thing cause different mind sets are attracted to different things.

Look at WoW when it first came out.

Horde owned PVP for a long time cause hardcore PvP junkies are more likely to want to pick an evil faction while PvE players are more likely to pick to be the heros.

While both sides have all types of players.....side can get slanted in certain directions because of human nature
    • Up x 4
  13. Hasteras

It's not the players. It's the lack of leadership. Organizing groups of people and spurring cooperation in an effective way requires a leader who has some level of competence and charisma. This game simply doesn't have that many, and the NC due to the luck of the draw have come up on the short end of the stick.

Take Emerald VS for example. Imagine if KV suddenly decided to quit the game. The impact would be huge. Now imagine if Ender quit the game as well. Sure, GOKU and DA might carry on, but I do not believe they would be the same. With just two people quitting you'd see an immediate and significant negative impact on the entire factions effectiveness. Already noticed something similar with the departure of Jaamaw and NNG.

I wasn't a Waterson player, but from what I heard this sort of thing actually happened on Waterson TR with the departure of Zoid (and maybe to some degree TotalBiscuit as well?). On Mattherson the departure of BuzzCutPsycho gimped the TR for quite some time.

I notice the same effect but in the opposite way when Cintesis is leading AOD during alerts. Cintesis online means a tough alert ahead. TR and AOD become an almost respectable opponent just due to the presence of one man.

Basically, victory in this game isn't dependent on interoutfit alliances, or individual players being team oriented, or even how good the command chat atmosphere is. It is built on competent, charismatic leaders who take the time and do the work to build their own outfit into a potent weapon. There are relatively few of these people who play the game (on Emerald I can think of only six off the top of my head; there are probably a few more), so when one faction has a few more of them than the other factions, it reflects heavily in-game. Because this pool of leaders is so small, laws of averages don't come into play, things don't get dunked into the statistical soup and come out with more or less everyone having the same number of quality leaders.

On Emerald, at most times the difference between NC and the other factions is literally 2-4 competent, dedicated, charismatic leaders, who have the desire and vision to build an outfit that is capable of affecting battle and alert outcomes. If you took Ender, KV, IamCommanderShepard, and Cintesis, and forced them to play only NC - well, NC would stomp the other factions all day every day. And it's as simple as that.
    • Up x 5
  14. Krinsee

@taemien I also think another aspect is the player mindset, NC wespons wreck in CQC combat, especial the max loadouts.

I think with most players they still have their head too stuck in the K/D ratio as being the end all be all of the game so they don't want to close in. TR and VS weapons are arguably better at stand off ranges. Several times I have seen NC shine at capping bases when they do a co-ordinated drop with support closely following. But this can be said for all factions. I just think that the majority of the NC playerbase are not using their weapons in their intended roles.
  15. JudgeNu

The thing is NC "leadership" ,whomever they may be, needs to get its **** together, the rest of the people will fall in line.
    Perhaps new leadership is in order.

The reason I haven't joined any outfit is because I haven't seen any to join.
    When I first started playing all I seen in ORDERS chat was childish badgering.

I am assuming every "leader" thinks they know what is best and everyone else is stupid.
    No one is willing to risk their pride by choosing someone competent to get some ORDERS from.
    If that one person makes a wrong call everyone will be like "you suck".

I say fk all yall. lol, but I can be reasonable and I can take orders, I can also lead men.
    My old boss was a Vietnam Veteran in the Navy, he told me, "You have to learn how to take orders before you can give them".

I think it would be a good idea for a "Outfit Merger"
    Everyone who is willing to start afresh and have fun while giving this meta a-go should form into one Outfit and Lead the way.
    The rest will follow when they see some cohesion.
  16. Sebastien

Horde had the best PvP traits.
  17. Devrailis

Well, a trailer showing that guy farming a Spawnroom with a Lightning Tank for 10 minutes wouldn't have been quite as compelling.

Would have been more honest though.
    • Up x 3
  18. gibstorm

No one knew that at the start and it's not like the whole horde was playing undead for WotF. When i started playing I picked troll for extra agility on my rogue....LOL

When Arena came out people got better at maximize racial builds but those abilities alone would not make up for the beat down Alliance was getting in battlegrounds around launch time
  19. Hegeteus

Last remaining Jackhammer warrior heroes, assemble! We shall ride for Victory!
    • Up x 1
  20. Taemien

Sorry buddy, but I played WoW (from 2004 to 2010), both Horde and Alliance. Same thing there, both sides had hardcore PVPers, both sides had not so hardcore.

The difference you saw in many servers was a population imbalance which could sometimes cause the side that was smaller to be more close knit and organized (fast BG queues while grouped didn't hurt either). But this happened for both sides depending on server (alliance didn't always outnumber the horde on every server).

We're not seeing population imbalances on that scale in PS2.
    • Up x 1