SOE please do something.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sierra331, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Sierra331

I absolutely love the aesthetic appeal of the NC faction and have enjoyed playing them through to BR-91(2)

But something just as important to me is sound, and currently their music sorely lacks in comparison to the Terran Republic's musical score. Those string instruments and vocals accompanying the powerful brass just speaks to the warrior's soul and inspires in battle.

Please do something to revamp the NC's music. Because TR's music is just so OP. :p
    • Up x 1
  2. Jachim

Wait, you listen to the in-game music? Yuck.

I rock out the progressive house when I play. But I'm weird and having boring music taste =P
    • Up x 1
  3. CNR4806

TR music is by far the best out of all three factions.

Under SOE's balancing philosophy, however, this means that we have to nerf TR music, instead of buffing NC/VS music to catch up.
    • Up x 3
  4. Alarox

This is the real NC theme.
    • Up x 3
  5. Sierra331

Despite your attempt at humor the following is still far superior.

6. Alarox

I'm completely serious.
    • Up x 1
  7. Pikachu

The only good NC song is the one in the log in screen. That one is great (but it's 99 other variations are cr**). The rest is just goofy mush. -.-
  8. AFK1

SOE hates the NC, just look at your MAX unit and compare it to the VS MAX unit, or even the TR MAX unit
  9. JustBoo

Wow, that's actually pretty good. :) Is it homemade or something? Well done if so.
  10. Alarox

That's from Planetside 1.
    • Up x 1
  11. eldarfalcongravtank

the real (and best) NC theme:

12. BlueSkies

This game has music?
    • Up x 1
  13. RykerStruvian

Funny you mention this. This was my biggest gripe about the game, tbh. But there is a trick. There is a program called PS2DJ you can download which lets you program your own soundtrack. The program queries the games' API or something about what your character is doing and you can program it accordingly.

So my PS2DJ does the following for my NC character:

When I login as my NC character it plays the original NC theme
    When I rank up it plays the original NC promotion music or other tracks I placed in there (mainly any of the 'extras' category of music from the PS2 soundtrack, though not all of them)
    When I am out of combat for 3 -minutes it will play any of the travel tracks from PS1 and any of the travel tracks for the TR/VS
    When I kill 1 person of the TR/VS, it immediately starts playing the combat tracks from PS1 and the TR tracks from PS2

Definitely worth getting and playing with. It's made the game a lot better. Like I said, it's called PS2DJ, google it, download it. Super easy to set up.

An example from me:
    • Up x 1
  14. Sierra331

The TR music just simply outclasses every other faction.
  15. tf2hero

peh

and here is to the lost ps2 main theme:(
    • Up x 1
  16. FrozenCustard

Reminds me of freedom fries and shotguns
  17. Bixli

..same for vanu.
  18. Pikachu

I thought you vanu players loved your techno stuff. :eek:
  19. Bixli

..yes , the one in the login-screen.
  20. Pikachu

But but, don't you love your redeploy music? And the victory music while papa vanu says "imminent success is all but assured"?