Why are they Auraxium guns terrible

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gibstorm, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Mystogan

Sorry sir, but that is just "not accurate" statement to be polite.

You devs should now better then us in terms of what is effective in game. But since it seems that is not the case, let me give you few tips:

GodSAW:

Adv. forward grip >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> HVA

Also 200/500 rpm 100 magazine size weapon >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 150/200 magaize

First, HVA is just useless for weapons with already high velocity and high vertical recoil. EVERYBODY knows that such a weapon REQUIRE Adv.Forward grip. So that is what you should add to GODSAW. Remove HVA from it.

Second, GodSAW do not need more damage per mag. Better to buff recoils, movement recoil pattern, COF etc. And just leave this 100 magazine size.

Also, Give GOD SAW something unique. All this directives for just NERFED Gauss SAW? That should be reward, not penalty. Make it better/more unique then Gauss SAW.

Voila!
  2. TheKhopesh

Heh, trust me, NC are upset about that.

"Hey, we need a new idea for an NC vehicle weapon. What should we do, make a powerful rail gun, or give them a shotgun that will be horrendously terrible for over a year til we finally make it a 'meh' weapon at best? 'Please no shotguns" you say? SHOTGUNS IT IS!"
    -SOE :confused:
  3. Saool

https://forums.station.sony.com/ps2...erate-auraxium-weapons-true-rail-guns.204977/
  4. Saool

How about turning that on it's head? Could you get the designers of the weapons to make a post (HERE not on someone else web site), about there design process and what roles they envisaged the gus being used in. To give some insight on their thinking.
  5. Saool

I (almost *) literally never use any other primary than the Battlegoose.

*very very rarely I will use an Orion with a suppressor if I really want to stay off the mini map.
  6. AdmiralArcher

7. Saool

No. Just click that link and read.
  8. thingymajigy

Oh ok, fair enough.

I wasn't aware that HVA increased bloom:eek:

So do you think the Gauss rifle S is supposed to be 650m/s stock?
  9. TheKhopesh

Yep, I came across the stats for HVA on the Gauss Saw, and it adds exactly 0.014 ADS bloom per shot (I didn't pay attention to hipfire, as I didn't plan to hipfire an HVA gauss saw enough for it to be relevant to me ;)).
    That's 0.07 + 0.014 for a total of 0.084 degrees increase per shot. Or exactly 20% of it's base ADS bloom per shot.
    It may be a standard 20% across the board for all weapons with HVA, or a flat + 0.014 for all weapons, or custom built for each.

As for the Gauss Rifle S' velocity:
    It could be an oversight, keep in mind that they may have intended it to be a lower range weapon for an all arounder, and the NC's velocity is the only one that doesn't fit too well into the realm of "all around weapon", so they may have thought it necessary to lower it's velocity to keep it performing around the same as the other S weapons when given the same task. :)

Regardless, I'm fine with the GR S staying at a lowered 600 m/s.

That's something odd.
    The added bloom per shot for the HVA doesn't appear for the Gauss Prime or the NC6A GODSAW.
    They both say they remain at 0.06 and 0.07 ADS bloom per shot -respectively- as the standard NC1 Gauss Rifle and NC6 Gauss Saw.

I guess the added velocity isn't the only thing that's missing on directive weapons.
    (And this one's easily proven, as every NC who owns either of these and their mother feels the burn of that bloom! :p )
  10. thingymajigy

Is it possible you can provide source?
    20%...that's what a flash suppressor does...:confused:
  11. XTCAndy

You can think of the Auraxium guns as a carrot that is actually an illusion of something earned. To earn it you more than likely need to buy its equivalent already. For example the Auraxium shotgun is a modified Nova, and you more than likely bought the Nova, same goes with many of the others. Not all of them. For example, he Light Machine Gun is a modified Orion which comes standard. I don't like how that is at all.

If I were going to design it and your given a Thanos, an Origin, or an S1 launcher, then Auraxium should be a modified version of that, not say the Kraken which is a modified Decimator. Which you then really need to buy to finish the Auraxium tree for getting the Kraken in the first place. It really is not then earned as a bonus that you get for accomplishment. It is buying it, and then as a 'reward' getting a slightly modified version. Now, if that is going to be how it is, then make the slightly modified version a modification of the standard weapon you get assigned for the class.

For example, the sniper rifle for the infiltrator if VS, should be a modified version of the Specter, and since that gun sort of sucks (as it should have access to short range scopes and if it did, it would be a real improvement and/or make that earned Specter like the Ghost, which does not have the 'shake' effect. Now imagine the Specter with that. That alone would be a real improvement, not game breaking and a real sense of something earned and accomplished. I only say that because the Specter is the sniper rifle you get. I personally would not design it that way. I would have had the X-98 as the base default gun.

My point is, the reward weapon should be a modified version of the standard weapon OR if it is not, and it is something like the Kraken, it needs to be realistically possible to earn the Kraken without needing to buy the decimator. Why do I say that. Trying to complete the Kill count on a weapon like the Lancer is a joke. It is, by design, a weapon that can add damage to a target, but getting an actual Kill is extremely hard unless we are talking a Kill on a Turret. You can get a kill but it is extremely (or overly) difficult. I can easily get a kill with an S1 and by 'earning' those kills should be a matter of simply playing normally, not feeling frustratingly chained to playing for great lengths of time with only a few (perhaps one or two) actual Kill results with that weapon.

I can take a weapon like the S1 and in an hour of play get like 10 kills for that weapon, and might get 1 kill with the lancer. I will get Kill Assist, but not actual Kills.

Of course, there might be a player who magically gets those Kill results at 10 for that same hour with a lancer, but I betcha that most players cannot and yet would easily do that with the S1 launcher. So that person who might do it with the lancer is rare at most. Now, is the Auraxium weapon only for those players?

If so, then that means the Auraxium is a carrot that is dangled in front of most players but in reality is an illusionary reward that they have little chance of really getting even with a lot of time spent on play and hard work trying to get those kills.

The Auraxium should be for all players provided they put the time in, and a reasonable amount of Kill effort. If a weapon like the Lancer is a weapon, by design, which does not allow easily for that, then simply remove it from making it 'necessary'. Great if you do have it, but you don't need it to achieve that goal. You see if you want the Kraken and you own the Hades, Nemesis and S1, but you need 5 launchers to achieve it, then you have only 3 other options: the Annhilator and Decimator and Lancer. If the lancer is not a viable option, that leaves only the other two, and if you need 5 launchers your forced to buy the decimator only to 'earn' the same basic thing, with some slight modification.

That is not the case for a weapon class like the Light Machien Gun or Assault Rifle or Carbine. There are enough choices available to achieve this without running into this issue.

The solution is probably for Shotgun, Launchers, Submachine Guns, and Scout Rifles just to have it be where you only need 4 achievements and not 5, thus you only need 4 choices.

Another solution would be so that you can take the same weapon, like the basic S1 and double up on its achievement. You can do it, then start over and do it again a second time to get that 5th achievement to unlock. Thus you don't need to get the Decimator or be forced to get it with a weapon like the Lancer which if you try to do this might inflict psychological harm from the fact you will spend an enormous amount of time longer than you might with the S1 to achieve the same goal since the weapon really is not designed to achieve Kill results, at most Kill Assist.
  12. TheKhopesh

After going through a number of higby pls videos, I have yet to find it.
    I'm certain that it's correct though. I know I've seen the actual data sheet from the game files themselves.
    (I don't suppose you know how to extract these files from the client, do you? :confused:)

And if that's correct about the flash suppressor, it'd be a massive pain for to have both!
  13. CMDante

For my part, and I think I speak for at least a few other people, I'd like to see some truly new and unique weapons rather than old weapons with otherwise illegal mods. The heat mechanic of the VS is a good example of what I mean (though I think that should just be an option for them)
  14. breeje

"inferior"
    you sud see it more like the x-bow
    if you like the challenge then go for it, if not leave it alone
    for me there is noting inferior to the x-bow and the auraxium weapons

"reward"
    for the reward, it comes with the auraxium medal of every weapon. "200 certs"
    before you get angry i also think we sud get a little more certs for the auraxium medal

"punishment/trolling "
    you get something for free and you call this punishment?
    maybe it's not what you wanted, needed ore working like you want but it's no punishment
    see this like a birthday gift u don't like and really want to return but you can't

"hundred hours of grinding"
    i call this hundred hours of fun playing this game
  15. Typhoeus

Open up all possible attachments for each weapon type. All scopes, all barrel attachments, high velocity ammo as well as soft point ammo, grips, flashlight, lasers and all underbarrel types for carbines and extended mags for LMG's.
  16. KratosAngel

Yeah or at least give the option to add or not each of the attachments. Would give the choice of adding HVA or not for Gauss Prime and Godsaw ;)
  17. Saool

Whilst it would be nice, the endless 'Nerf Battlegoose' threads would get tiresome, when we started using our infinite ammo Orion's with compensators, forward grips and soft point ammo.
  18. Mauzeraut

It feels as though the heat mechanic should have been a Vanu "thing" from the outset rather than the problematic no-bullet-drop nonsense. It makes a lot more sense for the laser/plasma energy faction. Like we should have been complaining about "yet another heat gun" like NC do about shotguns by this point. Given that the role of the aurax'd VS weapons seem like a pseudo weapons test, it surprises me that they didn't do the same thing with the other factions.

NC should have gotten some rail weapons. I hate that they named the aurax'd LMG the "Godsaw", because there's a reason the original Gauss Saw was nicknamed the "God Saw" by the community, and in taking the name they confused the weapons. The Auraxed gun didn't earn that name, it's nothing close to a godlike weapon.

TR as the bullet spam faction should have had an equivalent of the heat mechanic with all-inclusive clips instead, perhaps at the cost of a significantly lower total ammo reserve.

The combat stats for auraxed weapons should be kept near the original weapon and close to a strait "upgrade" vice a side-grade or situational downgrade for how much time they take to get.
  19. Makora

As I understand the Aurax weapons are supposed to be sidegrades to the weapons they are based off of(BASR and SMG being something of an exception as straight upgrades). It's all fine and dandy up until the point the weapon stats want to suggest themselves going in the opposite direction of general effective builds.

Right now I'm using the T1A Unity. I honestly can't say anything about this gun as i haven't even gotten it to gold and I was finishing up my T1B before that (T1A, TORQ and NS-11P are the only medic guns left for me to aurax). Now as I understand this gun was reworked from a more longer ranged weapon with a 3.4 scope, HVA and a compensator to a more close range weapon with SPA. The is still inaccurate as hell at short range with bullets going sideways at times. But I have noticed the same with damn near every TR gun I use.

I also understand why it's expected for these guns to be "better" then the guns they're based off of simply because of the grindwall and the "master tier reward" mentality that follows it.
  20. UnDeaD_CyBorG

Spreadsheet
    Now, it doesn't show the auraxium weapons, or so I think, but it'd be the only weapon where HVA increases bloom.
    @Others: I also found no inclination for why the GODSAW absolutely needs a grip, given it doesn't affect the vertical kick and the horizontal recoil on the Base Gauss Saw is the lowest LMGs can have paired with the lowest possible firerate.

Personally, I'm still hoping that the Heatsinks will become a stock VS attachment on weapons instead of Extended mags (Or in addition to them, choices).
    As such, Auraxium Weapons can be used to trial new mechanics.
    Belt magazines have already been mentioned as an option for TR, and I absolutely love the Railgun weapon suggestion for NC, having a small delay instead of the normal drawbacks of HVA.
    Shotguns already have the Choke as a unique attachment, and I personally believe the Aurax-Shotguns to be plain better than the base weapons;
    Maybe a unique Suppressor for the Pistols that has the drawbacks of a Flash suppressor for better range performance?
    Maybe Slugs on the NC shotgun so it's underbarrel actually has a use?
    The Problem with HVA is that HVA is seen as subpar by a lot of players, especially those that know the stats, as posted in this thread repeatedly.
    It is ironically the best on the weapons that normally don't have it: The SMGs. SMGs have several levels of damage falloff, so increasing the min damage range buffs them at the midrange; ARs and LMGs don't really benefit all that much.