[Suggestion] We should be able to buy other factions' infantry weapons for 2,000 Certs

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by AFK1, Nov 14, 2014.

1. AFK1

A lot of the balance issues in this game revolve around infantry weapons. For example, many people feel that the Vanu's Orion is an overpowered LMG; and that the NC's SMGs are too strong compared to their TR and VS counterparts. In other cases, it is a matter of preference - I like the NC1 Gauss Rifle (NC), and the Trac 5 (TR) very much, they are two of my favorite rifles in the entire game, but I cannot use either of them on the VS

We should be able to purchase the other factions' infantry weapons for 2,000 Certs (double the cost of the most expensive ones which are 1,000 Certs each). This won't destroy the "faction traits", because there's still lots of faction specific equipment, and not everyone is going to spend 2,000 Certs on the weapons; however, if one were to argue that too many people will do this, then that is proof that there's a balance issue, which is conveniently remedied by this solution. Tracers can adopt the current faction's color to avoid confusion

Since we already have NS weapons that are available to all three factions, I don't see how this would cause any problems

Implementing this change would immediately fix a great deal of the balance issues in Planetside 2, and give players more options, making the game more fun for everyone
  2. KiakoLalene

I'd rather they add an inventory system like in PS1, so I can scavenge the dead for ammo, medicine, and weapons.
    • Up x 6
  3. Xasapis

I can understand how some people would like to best of every faction.

Cert cost after a certain point (BR25) is pretty much irrelevant, if you really want something. Even if you make the cost 10.000 certs, anyone over BR50 will be able to get it if he really wants it.

So considering that cert cost is irrelevant, do we really want to see this kind of mix/maxing in Planetside 2?
    • Up x 1
  4. Lord_Avatar

Hell no! Screw balance - I want flavour.
    • Up x 7
  5. FateJH

Only if I don't get grief for shooting every TR who is wielding an Orion out in the field.
  6. Xasapis

You don't like the smell of fish?
  7. Fatal_Finn

This would probably be the last nail in PS2's coffin.
    • Up x 10
  8. Leftconsin

So you are telling me that my TR heavy can use both the Warden and the Spiker at the same time? That is the most outrageously imbalanced thing I've heard.
    • Up x 3
  9. BengalTiger

Dreams of a Vanguard with a P2-120 AP....
    • Up x 2
  10. Xasapis

Dreams of a Magrider with a tankbuster primary.
    • Up x 1
  11. pnkdth

Yes! Let's give in to the whiners... Sounds like an excellent idea........
    • Up x 1
  12. Vinakis

I'd rather see a more temporary looting system. Kill someone who has a weapon you like, press E to look at their corpse, then 1 to take their primary, or 2 to take their secondary, etc. and keep it until you swap it out with someone else, get killed, or change/rearm your loadout at a terminal. As far as ammo count or charges for consumables go, you get what they had upon death. The end result is not only do you get some time with the weapons of other factions, but skilled fighters and scavengers will gain greater longevity in the field.

I would have just said PS1 looting and inventory system, but we all know that's not going to happen.
  13. TriumphantJelly

This will destroy faction traits, if you want to play a game where any/all equipment is homogeonised, please play BF/COD/PS2 in 2 years.
    • Up x 2
  14. Vraccas24

Just ... no
  15. Uncle_Lou

So... You essentially just want a game with one faction? No.
  16. Akeita

AFK1 and his everyday stupid idea...
  17. Goldmonk

How about...no. Seriously, a TR with a Lasher fighting an NC with a MSW-R would be confusing as **** to me. I kind of identify friendlies by gun sounds. So hearing a Lasher would make me think VS in the area and I go hunting. The opposite would be the same, hearing a TRAC-5 makes me think TR are in the area and I now have backup.
  18. JudgeNu

No.
    (2,000 certs can only buy things in-game.
    It is not something the Dev's can use to buy baby some new shoes.
    Certs do not intice the Devs.)
  19. Mebsvernon

*entice

They could give members 1/2 price on cross faction weapons.
  20. JudgeNu

Ty for the correction on spelling.
    Anyway it is a bad idea imo.