Silent spotting for infiltrator

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Akeita, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Akeita

How come a talkie already exist in WWI and we doesn't have one, I don't know how many time this had been brought up since last year but I guess I'll just have to keep digging until Higby put this in
    • Up x 2
  2. ajma

It's always bugged me why the infiltrator class has to shout when you spot an enemy.
    • Up x 1
  3. REZistance

• Up x 1
  4. FateJH

It's the same reason an Engineer has to shout when spotting something, as when a Light Assault has to shout when spotting something, and so forth.
    [IMG]
    Ancient target painting technology.

The game never established whether spotting is something electronic - the soldiers themselves would experience this - or whether the dorito system is just visual assistance to indicate targets to ally players without too much involvement.
  5. Jac70

I'm fine with it as is, it adds to the tactics and even helps you locate other Infiltrators who should learn to keep their mouths shut.
    • Up x 1
  6. PWGuy93

Yup.
    Also the spotting voice sound is highly directional. I use it to my infiltrator's advantage.
    Yesterday I was deep cloaked and a group of enemies ran past me. I waited a second, spotted and quickly turned in the direction no friendlies were near. I watched the minimap and how enemies all turned the direction I "aimed" my voice, none of them spotted my infiltrator. Several went on a goose chase looking for the infiltrator that wasn't there... ;) Spotting and the voice callout is just another tool which used properly can aid in battle.
    • Up x 1
  7. \m/SLAYER\m/

but you have tools
  8. Akeita

Then two BR 100 turn on a darklight flashlight and dance over your wimpy corpse.
    • Up x 1
  9. PWGuy93

That's just positioning.
    Even if they spot an infiltrator with the darklight, they have to keep you targeted to see you and often they confuse enemy for friendly or friendly for enemy and don't respond quickly enough, that's all the time needed with adrenaline pump to move away quickly. It's a pretty good counter to darklight flashlights.
  10. Stopper

Yes, asked many times. Infils and LA, the recon classes, should not be revealing their presence by accomplishing their duty : currently, it's either doing his duty and diying or being useless...

This yelling spotting is totally unrealistic and non tactical : we are in the future, we can revive dead soldiers in two seconds, but we can't afford a radio in our helmets ?