TMG-50 needs some love <3

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by illuminati, Nov 13, 2014.

1. illuminati

Hey

Have been running with this gun for a few days, have to say its quite poor. I still manage to kill with it but the recoil and rate of fire for a TR weapon is below par, the only good thing it has going for it is the damage but when you add the attachments and try to increase the rate of fire with HVA it becomes almost useless (subtracting the HVA damage). This gun doesn't come close to the Orion or NC counterpart.

I know most people may or may not agree but would it be possible to get a slight buff on this weapon such as a rof or recoil. I like using the gun because of its range, but feeling that it may be my 3rd or 4th choice weapon now.

Thanks
  2. ATRA_Wampa-One

First of all, you should be comparing the TMG-50 to the Flare and SAW-S since those are both 167/577 guns and not things like the Anchor/EM6 which are 167/600 guns... and especially not the Orion which is a 143/750 gun.

Secondly, out of the three it is the worst performing one... so maybe giving it SPA like the SAW-S and Flare get would help close the gap a bit.
    • Up x 1
  3. patrykK1028

TMG is just Flare with LESS recoil. If they show some love to it, Flare should get that too.
    • Up x 3
  4. Bantaverish

Nerf the Flare, buff the EM6.
  5. HamOnRye

While the TR has a lot of underperforming weapons, the TMG-50 is not among them.

This is my goto gun for almost all engagements and it performs wonderfully for me and many others. However this gun punishes poor accuracy and lack of burst control like no other in the TR LMG arsenal.

If you don't have a firm grasp on those aforementioned concepts you are going to hate the TMG.
    • Up x 2
  6. Dieter Perras

I've run with the TMG-50 it's fine there are plenty of worse preforming guns
  7. Typhoeus

Just got my auraxium for it yesterday. It's an ok weapon. Great for its intended role of medium range and surprisingly not so bad in close range either. The two round burst mode was mostly useless and it's low rof mixed with having to stop firing after seven shots to reset the cof means you will lose many kills that should've been yours when a friendly engages your target. Oh and no soft point ammo. Pretty much the only complaints I have about it but that's me nit picking.
  8. ATRA_Wampa-One

This is a joke post right?

Like no one can actually seriously think this?
    • Up x 1
  9. Axehilt

Eh, Flare is already my highest KPH LMG across all factions. Certainly seems like a bad move to make it even stronger.

TMG feels about balanced to me, so knee-jerking and balancing things based on the OP starting a thread thinking the TMG is weak seems like a bad idea in the first place. The weapon is fine.
  10. patrykK1028

Ive seen some guy having 3 KPM with Beamer. So OP!!! Nerf!!!
    KPH means NOTHING
  11. Axehilt

That's a pistol. This is an LMG. It's being compared among my own LMGs so any factors which would artificially modify that KPH would be the same across all my own LMGs.

Anyone who would come straight out and claim "KPH means nothing" probably doesn't care about logic or evidence though, so I guess we can't have a rational discussion on balance. I can tell you you're very wrong, but you're unlikely to care or understand why.
  12. patrykK1028

I have higher KPH with Equinox (crappy VS AR) than with HV45 (second best AR option). So, whats better?
  13. Axehilt

End results are the proof. The only factors between weapons of the same class are:
    • Statistical noise (you'd want at least 100 kills with each weapon so that a single good or bad fight isn't skewing results)
    • Engagement range (within the AR class you would expect shorter-ranged weapons to do somewhat better.)
    So if you have a good amount of kills with both and fight at similar or closer ranges with the H-V45 then your own stats tell you you're making a mistake in assuming the Equinox is a bad weapon.
    • Up x 1
  14. sindz

A
    actually the tmg-50 is better than the flare seeing its more accurate. :)
  15. ATRA_Wampa-One

Yes it is, but for some reason it's performing worse than the Flare and SAW-S and the only real explanation for that is the lack of SPA or user error even with it's better accuracy stats.
  16. Dudeman325420

HVA doesn't increase rate of fire, it increases bullet velocity.
    • Up x 2
  17. FieldMarshall

My only problem with the TMG is the recoil.
    Its supposed to be the TR's heavy hitting long range LMG, but at anything over medium range i simply cant control the recoil.
    I always go back to the Rhino after trying to get the TMG to work. I really want to like the TMG, but its not making it easy.

The recoil issue may just be me though. Not sure if others have the same issue. Maybe im just expecting too much range from it.
    And im sure its no better for VS and NC in the LMG department at longer ranges. I rarely play VS and only a little NC so im not really qualified to say.
  18. SerasVic

TMG 50 is godlike

And if you want to compare, it's closer to GD - 22 than EM6
  19. sindz

Thats because its in TR hands - not kidding either. They have a funny notion about their great items that they wont utilize before after a long, long, long time. See the marauder which is insanely good on harasser but most TR people still think it sucks and its the worst in the world.

And with VS its quite different, if they see a good item they will _all_ bandwagon it, making it overused and resulting in forumside comes crying on the forums - and most times they actually get the weapon nerfed to oblivion.
  20. eldarfalcongravtank

yes, it needs some love..

it needs its old sound back D:
    • Up x 1