[Suggestion] Remove AP rounds ability to OHK infantry

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by LibertyRevolution, Oct 9, 2014.

1. uhlan

OR, you could just wear an Auraxian tree and be completely immune to everything!
    • Up x 3
  2. Xasapis

Wood armor, best armor.
    • Up x 7
  3. Munq

The topic might aswell be "remove tanks from the game". What a brainfart, OP.
  4. Badname707

Holy damn, the butthurtedness of this guy. I don't think I've ever seen so many bad ideas and poor opinions from one person in one thread.
    • Up x 1
  5. Scatterblak

Let's read this together:
    "Remove AP rounds ability to OHK infantry"

heh.
  6. BobSanders123

IT IS A 120 MM ARMOR PIERCING TANK SHELL FLYING AT OVER 200 METERS PER SECOND AND YOU THINK YOU CAN SURVIVE THAT? ARE YOU INSANE?
    • Up x 2
  7. Mystogan

really? You get 150 mm shell in chest and want to live???

Lets not make this game "realism" and "combine arms" aspects even more stupid and laughtable despite its moving towards infantryside and forgetting what this game was meant to be in first place and what it become.
    • Up x 1
  8. Predator01cz

Yeah we get it Mr. C4 Fairy... You've never ever driven a tank in Planeside... EVER

Because the last thing my Vanguard needs is 8 second window for every single infantry wielding C4 to come and kill me
    • Up x 1
  9. geekrider

No
    • Up x 1
  10. MajiinBuu

AP rounds should always kill infantry in 1 hit. Even 1 shell from a Prowler should kill you, even if you're wearing max-rank flak armor.
  11. radrussian2

12. Goldmonk

One round from any tank should kill you. A direct hit with an AP round does alot of damage to armor, so in turn it should slaughter infantry.
    • Up x 1
  13. MajiinBuu

If anti-armor rounds kill you, it's kind of implied that anti-infantry rounds will as well :rolleyes:
  14. AdmiralArcher

thankfully for everyone else, this is not starcraft, and that kind of l09IC does not work

a 120mm smoothbore cannon round, no matter how far you are in the future, will kill you instantly if it hits you. if bullets can kill you, bigger bullets can kill you faster

there is absolutely no logic in making AP rounds NOT OHK infantry. 75mm rounds not OHKing is already barely tolerable...lets not make this even cheesier
    • Up x 2
  15. Pikachu

PS2 has so much arbitrary hidden numbers and rules for calculating damage that it fits perfectly in. Flak explosions only trigger when shooting aircraft (wtf), sticky grenades ignoring flak armor, c4 and tank mines being the only explosive which splash damage hurts heavy armor, ESRL dealing pi** poor damage against infantry, walker AA machine gun dealing less or equal damage as kobalt to infantry, G2A missiles dealing extra low damage to aircraft (hahaha), MAX being more durable than an ESF which itself is less durable than a harasser.
  16. ColonelChingles

In other words, there's a lot of broken stuff in PS2. :p

But no need to make it more broken with 150mm AP shells that hit your chest and magically leave infantry intact.
    • Up x 3
  17. Kentucky Windage

Let me see......tank shoots LA with primary SABOT round and lives. LA, that survived, drops 1 C4 on tank and kills tank. What's wrong with that?:rolleyes:
    • Up x 2
  18. ColonelChingles

Oooo oooo I know!

C4 is a basic explosive only used for demolition and EOD work, and so would have next to zero effect on the tank crew! Your typical 1.25 pound M112 or 2 pound M118 block would be highly ineffective against any reasonable amount of tank armor.

In PS2 C4 should just make a really loud sound for the tank crew, maybe make them have a "whoa what was that moment", and that's about it. :D

EDIT: And shooting C4 to set it off would also be incredibly stupid... one of the reasons why we like C4 is that it can't be set off by bullets or explosions (it will only burn), and can only explosively detonate by electric signal!
    • Up x 1
  19. Ransurian

Assuming the C4 is strategically placed underneath the turret, it might do some damage...
  20. ColonelChingles

Maaaaaybe?

I'm sure the paint job would be damaged. :p