Server Smash Emerald vs. Cobalt stats

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Fellgnome, Nov 8, 2014.

1. Shanther

Why? I just explained why. The tone of your posts.

I have never claimed Cobalt cheated. Please quote and direct link me to where I have made such statements. I will save you the trouble of looking, they don't exist. Hell in my last post I explained why people keep bringing that idea up. The only excuse being made is the fact you played Team 1 and not Team 2. Something we had next to no control over. That is also something I have explained. You are very delusional because I haven't been **** talking anyone, at all. Once again you started this entire converstation by insulting me, which I will again remind you was entirely unprovoked. Then you try to tell me I am the hurt one. Okay, sure.
    • Up x 1
  2. Daithm

When rules force a team to pull punches and limit its power so fair play is upheld then you will get mixed results. If a SS was not as regulated you would see blowouts going both ways consistently. We on Emerald just have so many players and outfits that we have to limit our abilities as an entire force to be fair in this sort of match. It would be unsportsmanlike to stack or simply outnumber our competitors with raw numbers/bodies. We surely could do that but it would be distasteful.
  3. ShureShot

To me it seems that this could have been avoided easily. You had the roster in advance. It would not be too hard to set it up so both teams alternate and you had your best team in the final. Nobody can argue with a fair alternation, the admins are not going to tell you the same team has to play three matches and the other team only gets to play once.

You started with 2, then 1, then 2, and then people wanted to use team2 again, or combine the teams.

If you would have started with 1, then 2, then 1, nobody could have argued that it would be unfair to use 2 for the last match. If you make 2 teams for 4 matches, just have each team play 2 times. Easy.

But people wanted to use team2 again, even though it was clearly team1's turn.

So I have to wonder, who decided to start off with team2, even though it was pretty clear that it would cause problems down the road to have 2-1-2-2? Whoever decided to start with team2, also decided that team1 would play the final. But they probably didn't look ahead and think this decision through. So to me that's just a strategic blunder on behalf of Emeralds command. You can't blame the admins, Miller & Cobalt for that.
  4. Shanther

This is entirely resonable in theory, not so much in practice. When we made the two teams they were reasonable balanced skill wise, it wasn't until later was there an issue with balance of skill. That said a lot of what you are saying requires a great deal of foresight and luck. Both of which are not things you can really plan ahead for. We weren't expecting there to be any issue down the road with it. A lot of what you are saying also involves a great deal of hindsight. The only thing some people blame admins for was not allowing us to make a combined team for the finals. Granted playing Team 1 is the actual fair and reasonable thing to do. I wont argue this. But at the same time it is kind of like the Olympics, you take the best and make a team. Both are valid.
  5. Ender

I haven't lost a single server smash i've brought DA to play in buddy. To quote yourself, our server has some brainiac issues - this is true. Team 2 is still undefeated, Cobalt has never beaten team 2, but you have beaten team 1 fair and square. I'll give you that, you guys did win in the finals against Emerald 1, and that's awesome, you aren't cheaters and you didn't break the rules. Emerald command is just too carebeary to go for the throat in the finals like they should have. If I had it my way I would have stacked the team, beat you again, and then accepted disqualification for "stacking".

There are no excuses for the Emerald 1 loss. True. Same way there were no excuses for Cobalt getting dunked 55-39 by team 2 when you had a higher kill count than us (lol). On that note, why did you let DA/3GIS/GOON take the traverse from you (Team 2 vs. Cobalt) with less population and your air force spamming the bridge?
    • Up x 1