Why are they Auraxium guns terrible

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by gibstorm, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Rovertoo

Personally I'd love to see some more experimentation with them. Like how VS Aurax guns have the heat mechanic, the TR and NC Aurax guns would be so cool if they got some faction-flavored 'thing' too!
  2. RolandTEC

The butcher is good, not better then carv but 150 bullets occasionally comes in handy. More uniqueness is always welcome though.
  3. patrykK1028

It takes no skill to unlock them. Just grindind for very long time.
  4. AdmiralArcher

i think that the weapons need to be more faction derived, like pure traits

the NC should get weapons that have completely new designs, ones that are more based off of the looks of the railjack. even the LMG should look more like a railgun. the explanation can be that, after a number of years, geundine figurerd out that railguns are more efficient and powerful, but lack fire rate thu only elite soldiers are allowed to use them.

the TR should get belt fed weapons or something cool like that, the TR would need more thought put into it.

the VS was done well, but the models should be redesigned slightly and the ammo should be replaced with something resembling the spiker magazine. i think that would be more appropriate.
    • Up x 4
  5. Klypto

Well, as a pistols only player with what I feel is a decent amount of experience, I find The Executive to be very underwhelming in terms of performance. The effective range is incredibly short and has poor tracking ability from the double combo of half the velocity of a "normal" pistol and terrible damage dropoff in exchange for a suppressor.

This might seem totally wild, but It's 100% possible to equip a suppressor to the standard magshot and achieve basically the same level of "terribleness" and all without having to auraxium 5 pistols. There are no circumstances that call for anyone to equip a suppressor on their magshot. It simply is a poor weapon of choice for that task. If the player needs to be covert and use a suppressor, I would highly recommend they equip it on another pistol such as the Rebel which would not see such a dramatic loss of weapon performance or generate as much noise.

What I would think as more interesting would be things such as an extended magazine, an advanced laser sight, or a 1x or even 2x sight.
    • Up x 1
  6. Bortasz

I have trac-shot and it is good gun. But it is good because it's base Trac-5 is great and attachment did not make him worste. Soft point ammo great. Laser sight useless for me, UBShotgun useless in majority of situation mostly for trolling people.This gun just reming me how much fun I have with basic Trac-5.

I prefer see some realy strenght experiments. Not just streng set up of attachment but realy experimental weapons that we players get for testing.
  7. Mitheledh

You know, I've been wondering something. The common complaints about the GodSAW and the Gauss Prime revolve around the HVA. It's also discouraged on the Gauss SAW as well as on other guns. The complaints, as I understand them, are thus: the cons outweigh the pros. The increased velocity is nice at long ranges, but the TTK isn't any better and the increased recoil makes it harder to actually land any hits. All in all, not as good or harder to use than standard ammo.

So what I'm wondering is this: what are the statistics on HVA usage? How often do people actually equip it?
  8. Dramma Lamma

"Oh hey I see you worked real hard and completed the SCOUT RIFLE DIRECTIVE, Enjoy your stupid BATTLE RIFLE REWARD!"

I literally can't be more salty / but hurt about this SOE, ******** stuffed ******** with a ******** sauce on the side.

Why don't you just go ahead and delete the infiltrator class?
  9. Liberty

It would be nice to see the standard attachments available with one "special" trade off style attachment that adds something new to the weapon.

For example, the Betelgeuse should be able to get all the standard weapon attachments and in the "Ammo" slot have the unlimited ammo / heat mechanic at the cost of a smaller theoretical mag size before overheat.

The Butcher's attachment could be a special magazine that trades firepower for RoF, giving you access to a 125/857 class LMG with a 125 round magazine. (This would also adjust its recoil / bloom profile accordingly)

The Godsaw would receive a make over, replacing its "heavy" parts (advanced grip, large magazine size, magnetic thingy that gave it a 630 M/S projectile velocity) with lighter weight materials. The end result would be a 50 round mag LMG with a 200/525 damage/RoF profile and 570 m/s velocity and most importantly a better moving CoF.
    • Up x 6
  10. Stormsinger

NC: Shotgun Recursion.
    A shotgun that fires a shotgun that fires a shotgun that fires a shotgun... n+1, until it's nanite power supply is exhausted. Only the last shotgun to be fired actually discharges a round, but ramps can be constructed out of the resulting pile of shotguns.

TR: USE MOAR BULLET.
    Spent shells accumulate and multiply, resulting in a flood of spent nanite-brass that can cause vehicles to slip and slide along the terrain. (even moreso then usual)

Yes, it's entirely possible that i've had too much caffeine today.
    • Up x 3
  11. Alzir

I've not thought about this long but saw your question and an idea struck me.

Currently the auraxium guns are pointless, other than the Betelgeuse, but even that gun has significant drawbacks.

Obviously the devs have designed all guns around certain mechanics, eg Orion is fairly inaccurate at mid to long range, but has the .75 ads which everyone complains about, although has a small clip as well. Other default lmgs are similarly balanced, so you know what you're doing with the gun attributes.

Would it be possible then to give users of auraxium guns customisation options beyond AND including the normal choice of attachments? For example, the butcher has the same stats as a t9 carv but the user has an additional slot where he can chose between things like 0.75 ads at the expense of mag size and whatever would balance it, or maybe something like increased DMG at the expense of ROF or whatever you think.

The customisable option would appeal I think and allow experienced players to tweak weapons to where they want them, which would be sufficient motivation to pursue a directive and achieve soe's own goals with directives (I.e. encourage sales).

The options would have to have drawbacks, but you have the knowledge to do it.

BTW if people like this idea hit that thumbs up :)
    • Up x 2
  12. Rovertoo

:eek:

MOUNTAINS OF SHOTGUNS!

How about secondary fire mode shoots off all the shotguns in the pile, creating a shotgun-detonation of FREEDOM proportions!
    • Up x 1
  13. Anti-Skub

What I'd like to see for TR and NC is what the VS have...guns that are at least feel different from the regular guns and not just the same guns you've just Auraxiumed 5 times with the ability to customise them removed. So far I have the AR, LMG and Carbine for NC and none of them are fun. The Godsaw just feels worse than the regular saw. The Gauss Prime is just exceptionally average, it has no defining feature. while the Fortuna's defining feature is an underbarrel shotgun, an attachment I would never chose unless it was forced upon me...which it now has been. And don't get me started on the NC shotgun...it's literally a joke. Funny, sure...useful? Not at all.

Even just something more interesting visually would be a start. For example, how about something other than the slimy blue and muddy brown texture for NC? It looks like oily sewage. What about giving the Auraxiums alternate empire coloured tracers. Blue for NC, cyan for vs, and I dunno, maybe something like a red tracer with a black core for TR? Or even if they sounded different...anything that would make them feel special that isn't the aforementioned pond scum paint job.
  14. VonStalin

best option would be to make "Auraxium Camo". Like completion of carbines directives would give me Carbine Auraxium Camo which I could use on any carbine. Or at least remove restrictions on attachments.
    • Up x 1
  15. Edelhonk

Lets check the current Auraxium weapons and SOEs DevTeams attachment choice on the example of the 3 LMGs

Betelgeuse (Orion based)

So lets check what is the biggest downside of the Orion.
    Is it the RoF, Damage or DPS as whole? Ahhh...nope...with the 750 rpm/ 143 damage it has the highest DPS a LMG reaches in Planetside 2.
    Is it the accuracy? Ohhh...wait...NO again. In the class of the 750/143 LMGs it has the best accuracy (even better then the MSW-R)
    And as cherry on top it gets the 0.75 ADS movement multiplier.

So what is it? Oh yeah...its the low ammo reserve.

And now you have a clue why the Betelgeuse is the best perfoming one out of the 3 auraxium LMGs. Simply because the Heat System counters the biggest downside.

Now lets check the other 2, shall we?

Butcher (CARV based)

What is the biggest downside of the CARV?
    Ammo reserve/Clipsize? Damn...you wouldnt believe how many TR i meet who said "Ahh, darn, 100 bullets are not enough...i need moooore!"...maybe you will miss it, but that was sarcasm.
    Is it the DPS? Also no, cause the CARV also got the the 750/143 damage pattern.

So whats the biggest downside? Could it be that it is the low accuracy and especially the horrible horizontal recoil? Maybe??? MAYBE?!?!

And now lets check the attachments for the Butcher.
    SPA ..ok.,.but nothing i really miss on the normal CARV.
    Oh...and 50 more bullets...yeah...more bullets to waste because the horrible accuracy.

AND ON TOP OF THAT YOU BUFFED THE HORIZONTAL RECOIL OF THE NORMAL CARV (THAT HAS ACCESS TO THE FOREGRIP BTW) BECAUSE STATS SHOWED IT WAS CRAP BUT THE BUTCHER THAT CANT FIT THE FOREGRIP STILL HAS THE SAME ****** HORIZONTAL RECOIL OF THE OLD CARV!!!
    Is it only me who thinks this right now:

[IMG]

And now the biggest joke you made

GODSAW (SAW based)

And again lets ask again what is the downside of the base-gun

Ammo pool/magsize/damage per mag? Ok...im kidding that i even asked that.
    DPS? Yeah...it doesnt play in the same league the other 2 do but it is ok especially with the high damage per shot.
    Accuracy?...oh ...seems we found the dead horse.

And now lets check the attachments of the GODSAW.
    50 more bullets....really??? i cant imagine a single attachment that is more useless on the SAW.
    And now comes the joke...HVA. WTF? WTF? WTF??? You have a gun that suffers extremly from low accuracy and needs both accuracy attachments (foregrip and Comp) to be useble and the aurax gun, that cant fit one of those, has a attachment the make accuracy even worse???

I couldnt post enough "deskhead" animations it would need to describe the absolutly idiotism in this....so i dont even try it.

And the most of the Aurax weapons suffer from this stupidity in choose of attachments.
    • Up x 2
  16. Angry Scientist

Unique strengths and weaknesses.

People hating fixed attachments miss the point of the weapons. Allowing customization of them negates the entire point.

Instead, the weapons ought to have unique characteristics that can make it perform well once the weaknesses are overcome.

Some suggestions I tossed out earlier would be like the GODSAW having an advanced grip, no HVA, 50 rounds instead of 150, the same reload, and improved handling characteristics in movement.

Then the weapon becomes a better handling SAW when moving, but has a crippling reload you'll run into frequently. No comp still demands recoil control, but the grip means you'll only need to worry about vertical.

Or take the battlerifles. My suggestion was to improve their accuracy across the board by a lot, reducing recoil. As well, their damage would be reduced, but the headshot multiplier goes up. It'd make it a precise weapon. Hit the headshots, you have a devastating weapon. Miss them and suffer. Oh, and for crying out loud - at least let the infiltrator use it, too.

Currently, the weapons are 'slightly improved' versions at best, or 'without a doubt worse'. The guns are a demonstration of your ability in the class of weapon or actual class, depending on the weapon in question. These reward weapons having power at a cost means that people willing to invest further into the mastery have a good weapon. Just making them better stocks invalidates sidegrades. In short, we want unique sidegrades. The VS heat mechanics is a good way you guys took with them.
  17. Degenatron

I can't speak for the others, but The God Saw needs the ability to at least affix some basic attachments. The Saw itself is an unwieldy beast until it's tamed with attachments. The 50 extra rounds do not make up for it being so gimped. At least a compensator and a basic foregrip to control the kick would make it viable.
  18. gibstorm

Honestly, I don't even care about the gun. I just want to be able to put the glowing skin on my normal guns. It took a long time to get so i want to use it while I play.

My problem with the guns is they are too ridged so I have to stop using them alot, I got the one for LA and it's built for pure close combat. There are tons of spots where I just can't use it cause I need longer range to fight. Not being able to at least switch which attachments to make it 1/2 decent at range hurts.

I personally don't like laser sights. I am a ADS guy even in close combat but I am suck with the laser sight.

I understand that the guns are suppose to be unquie and that is why they are locked in.......But I really want to use the special skin more often. Just letting us use the glowing skin as a cammo on any other carbine would make me more then happy.

I also raged posted before I found out I could change the scope. I read that all attachments were locked and I HATE iron sights but now see I can at least change that

TLDR : I want to be able to use the glowing skin all the time but the guns are built for for niche engagements and are too infexable and easy fix is allow us to use the glowing skin as a gun cammo.
  19. Mitheledh

That one has perplexed me since I first saw it. To get this directive, you MUST spend most of your time on the infiltrator. But what is the reward? A gun the infiltrator can't even use. So... if you like to play infiltrators, the directive is pointless to you. If you really like battle rifles, you have to spent the bulk of your time on a class that can't use them. That makes no sense to me.
  20. Jake the Dog

Heres an idea for the butcher... The longer u fire it... the faster it fires....
    • Up x 2